geekhack Community > Reviews

KBT Pure Aluminum Case Review

<< < (6/7) > >>

laffindude:
Hate the PCB bounce and the function layer that just doesn't make any sense. Left hand arrowing is weird to me. Home/end is pushed all the way out to pinky. Task manager being more accessible than end is all kind of wrong. Then they put printscreen/scrolllock/pause right in the center where it is easily accessible. I don't like Pure's function layer as well, but as least the keys aren't inexplicably placed.

Glod:
....i like the poker layout, i like the HHKB's arrow keys better but overall i like the poker. with the plate and pure case its like even better

mashby:
@laffindude - I'm with you. I like the standard ANSI of the Poker vs. the Pure, but the fn layer is a bit of a mess. Pure is better, but not by much. It's why I'm so stoked about the GH60, or maybe the Poker 2. Do have have an ideal fn layer in mind and/or sketched out already?

@glod - You're exactly right, the Pure aluminum case is much better than the standard plastic. My Poker has MX-Blacks, so I find I don't bottom about as much, so I don't notice the flex all that much, but my Pure has a much more solid feel.

Dubsgalore:

--- Quote from: laffindude on Tue, 12 March 2013, 11:23:43 ---Hate the PCB bounce and the function layer that just doesn't make any sense. Left hand arrowing is weird to me. Home/end is pushed all the way out to pinky. Task manager being more accessible than end is all kind of wrong. Then they put printscreen/scrolllock/pause right in the center where it is easily accessible. I don't like Pure's function layer as well, but as least the keys aren't inexplicably placed.

--- End quote ---

hmmm how many pokers you got? just 1?

laffindude:
I have 2 of them in blue.

I'll probably do GH60s in the standard 61key layout, since I want to use blank POMs from G80-3000.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version