Author Topic: Quickfire TK booting problem  (Read 4001 times)

Offline shadowness

Quickfire TK booting problem
« on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 00:40:00 »
I just had my Quickfire TK for 3 days now, and I noticed sometimes when I turn on my laptop the keyboard doesn't lit up/registered.... I have to plug the cable off first and then plug it back again.

is this the way backlit mechanical keyboard should behave ?? or I should install any driver for it ? but I cant really find a driver for this keyboard.

Offline Torious

Re: Quickfire TK booting problem
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 05:57:56 »
I had a problem with my Quickfire TK where it wouldn't work *at all* with my previous motherboard. You can try fiddling with BIOS settings related to USB ("Legacy USB", etc.), or buy a new mobo...

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 13:25:48 »
I just had my Quickfire TK for 3 days now, and I noticed sometimes when I turn on my laptop the keyboard doesn't lit up/registered.... I have to plug the cable off first and then plug it back again.

is this the way backlit mechanical keyboard should behave ?? or I should install any driver for it ? but I cant really find a driver for this keyboard.

I would recommend to look for a bios update on your mother board. Another issue we have seen with backlit boards are laptops which are unable to provide adequate power to the board. This is why sometimes when you booting or coming back from sleep, all its resources have been eaten up and it will not boot the keyboard.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 13:43:44 »

I would recommend to look for a bios update on your mother board. Another issue we have seen with backlit boards are laptops which are unable to provide adequate power to the board. This is why sometimes when you booting or coming back from sleep, all its resources have been eaten up and it will not boot the keyboard.

I realize this isn't an option for everyone, but if you do use your laptop as a primary PC at home/work, I'd look into getting a docking station.  I use one at work, and never had any issues driving keyboards on USB or PS2 ports.  The one I have is Dell ePort Plus, model number PR02X.  Tons of ports, and a power brick the size of a shoe.