geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] GEECKERS PANAVISE 301

(1/5) > >>

mkawa:
I currently have 20 units of panavise 301s. My plan with them is to powdercoat them in site colors OR custom colors (see the GEECKERS TOOLING thread), then upgrade the retaining devices to hold much better than stock. i run prototypes of this upgraded retainer on my units, but i spent nearly 10$ per unit on parts alone to upgrade the units, and i've found deficiencies even at that 10$ mark. however, i was not carefully managing costs, and i think I can get it down to 5$ my cost per unit to upgrade (not including labor). IF there is demand for more than 20 units, I will purchase more. otherwise, i will leave this be at 20.

note that retail price on these will be in the range of 60$. so, slightly more than a retail panavise unit with the factory not-very-good-paint or retaining mechanism. that said, once i get the retaining mech upgrade worked out, i will stock just the upgrade kits for around 10-15$ depending on how my costs work out. SO, for 60$ you can get a full unit with powdercoating and upgraded mechanism or for 60$ you can get a factory unit from amazon and the upgraded mechanism from me.

note that this isn't quite accurate, because you will have to pay for shipping from me to you, whereas amazon will give you free shipping.

CPTBadAss:
Where's that meme where I tell you to shut up and take my money? :P

SpAmRaY:
The  PanaVise 301 Standard PanaVise  is ~$45 at amazon.

Are these the one's radioshack had on sale?

mkawa:
yes, my plan is to clean out radioshack. because radioshack is a bizarre company, you have to have a secret code of some kind to do so. i happen to know the secret code because i am a friendly guy.

however, i don't want to get stuck with a thousand dollars in panavises sitting in inventory. this does not help the community at all.

SpAmRaY:

--- Quote from: mkawa on Thu, 26 September 2013, 13:02:41 ---yes, my plan is to clean out radioshack. because radioshack is a bizarre company, you have to have a secret code of some kind to do so. i happen to know the secret code because i am a friendly guy.

however, i don't want to get stuck with a thousand dollars in panavises sitting in inventory. this does not help the community at all.

--- End quote ---

So your taking a $20 radioshack deal, modding them and selling for $60?

I'm just trying to make sense of the numbers. If it's sell it for $60 because thats what they are supposed to cost but it's better and helps out geekhack that's fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version