geekhack Marketplace > Member Auction Links

Custom Pre-Built Soarer's Converters and Teensy USB Cables Molded for Model M's

<< < (9/10) > >>

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: y11971alex on Tue, 08 March 2016, 04:16:53 ---Any chance for a RJ11 —> USB for a 5155 keyboard?

--- End quote ---

I have never gotten an "RJ11" (actually an RJ14 since it needs 4 pins) to work with a Teensy but Soarer did make a special "WYSE" adapter for those 6P4C terminals.

y11971alex:

--- Quote from: fohat.digs on Tue, 08 March 2016, 06:43:05 ---
--- Quote from: y11971alex on Tue, 08 March 2016, 04:16:53 ---Any chance for a RJ11 —> USB for a 5155 keyboard?

--- End quote ---

I have never gotten an "RJ11" (actually an RJ14 since it needs 4 pins) to work with a Teensy but Soarer did make a special "WYSE" adapter for those 6P4C terminals.

--- End quote ---
I think some DIY will be necessary since the 5155 keyboard is said to be just the 5150 keyboard in disguise. Which is to say it can share an adapter with my 5150 keyboard if I can find a RJ14 to 5-pin DIN adapter.  :(
Time for more trawling on the Internet. 

Touch_It:
My mom bought me one for my f122 for my birthday.  Plugged in in, just to see if they keyboard was alive or not and it seemed to be working perfectly!  Thanks orihalcon!

Red October:
Received mine today, XT-USB, working great with my Original Model F, typing now with it.  Oh gods I haven't heard that sound and seen characters come on the screen for too long.  I have a question about it, though:  I have an odd Honeywell keyboard, I made a thread about it when I got it; it's got a DIN-5 and was sold as AT, probably by some doorknob who thinks DIN-5=AT, but it doesn't work work with a DIN-5-PS/2 adapter, the power light lights up and that's it.  Is it possible that I will injure my converter by trying to use this keyboard with it, to determine if it is using the XT protocol?  I seem to recall years ago possessing a Franklin-branded keyboard that was possibly XT, and that only a few functions worked, one of them being a light.  Now of course my Model F doesn't have any lights...

kingnestea:
impressive

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version