Author Topic: Leopold FC660M White Dyesub Keycap  (Read 4383 times)

Offline pr1me

Leopold FC660M White Dyesub Keycap
« on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 02:08:24 »
Hello everybody,

I don't know if i'm late but i just got a leopold FC660M with Mx Clear with White dyesub keycap!

This seems new, because the only dyesub available were "light grey"

The only white keycap available on fc660m were lasered, but this one is the first dyesub i see that is truly white.

When massdrop told me they ran out of white case with white keycap (lasered) and upgraded me to dyesub white keycap, i thought it was going to be the light grey keycap.
It turns out they were telling the truth  :)

Some more pics:

http://imgur.com/a/I7BEp

Offline feizor

Re: Leopold FC660M White Dyesub Keycap
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 06:02:31 »
Very nice set up you got there!

The placement of that second monitor is very unique.

Offline pr1me

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 07:39:38 »
Very nice set up you got there!

The placement of that second monitor is very unique.

Thanks

I always prefered having second monitor on top to watch tv show, so it stays centered with my speakers.
I had to change it for now, i'm waiting to get a lightpack.
If i'm disappointed with it, i'll go back with second monitor on top.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 03:52:10 »
Very nice keyboard!

If that had been available when I was looking at HHKBs, I think I would now be typing on that rather than my HHKB!

Although the FC660C version, rather than FC660M.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bigDave

• The biggest
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 14:37:50 »
Awesome keyboard and a very nice rig too! I am a fan of the noctuas! :thumb:

Offline tutuling

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 17:08:20 »
The setup looks organized and clean. I got the light grey key caps with grey case. Your key caps does look white.

Offline zshang

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 17:29:07 »
WOW, I LOVE this keycap set, gonna buy a FC660M next time

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 17:55:30 »
Very nice set, and thank you for sharing. Regarding the monitor on top be careful with stress on your neck, and cervicals.

Offline mr626

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 19:18:11 »
Very nice keyboard!

I'm finding the 660M to be one of the best boards I've ever owned, I guess you must like it too since you've got a couple of them :-)

Offline pr1me

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 04:28:33 »
Very nice set, and thank you for sharing. Regarding the monitor on top be careful with stress on your neck, and cervicals.

Thank you for the advice.
although it doesn't look like it, The top of the bottom monitor is at eye level, so i don't need to move my neck, just slightly eye above.
That's why i never liked monitor on the side, because i have to turn my head.
The only way not to do that is keeping both monitor far away, so i can look at both without turning
 but i play a lot of FPS games, 1440p far away from you for fps isn't really good for performance (you can't aim and track players the way you want, it's really disturbing).

I guess i'm not the only one like that, looking at dreamhack cs:go, most players have the monitor right in their faces (and those are 1080p monitor).
My swift (and QX2710 before it) is between 4o-5o cm.

Since i'm gonna try a lightpack (dunno how much of a gimmick it is) i moved it to the side again for now.

Offline luisbg

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 11:38:20 »
Awesome setup. And good choice with the Leopold FC660M, it's a great keyboard  :thumb:
Leopold FC660M - Brown mx switches - black case - white blank keys :: ErgoDox - Blue mx switches - classic case - black blank keys

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 17:18:51 »
The FC660 looks gorgeous in white with black legends! Dare I say you also have good tastes in regards to mouse pads too. Is that the Speed or Rough version?
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 December 2014, 17:20:44 by _PixelNinja »

Offline JackMills

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 05:12:40 »
I have also chosen for the clear switches, but with mint Varmilo caps. It is an amazing keyboard, easy to adapt to and feels really solid. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Offline pr1me

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 10:13:45 »
The FC660 looks gorgeous in white with black legends! Dare I say you also have good tastes in regards to mouse pads too. Is that the Speed or Rough version?

G-TF Speed  :thumb:

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 11:58:13 »
G-TF Speed  :thumb:
Same here! It is my favorite mouse pad to date — durable, easy to clean and to me the perfect balance between glide and control. If only Zowie made and Extended version...