Author Topic: Post Your Booper Keycaps!  (Read 501813 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: Post Your Booper Keycaps!
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 18:39:50 »
More
As promised, the rest of the unexpected boop! caps:

Show Image

Show Image

Nice collection :)

Does the golden eyed MonKey have a name?

You'd have to ask booper.  They just appeared unexpectedly and didn't have anything but a nice little note with them.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #101 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 18:40:41 »
@LSB that Bowie is really nice. She said the mark is almost dye sub like, how does it feel?

@Nubs that orange eyed Monkey! One of a kind! I won a monkey and it's on its way but your orange eyed look absolutely stunning!

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 18:49:47 »
More

Show Image

Show Image

You'd have to ask booper.  They just appeared unexpectedly and didn't have anything but a nice little note with them.

Well, the initial plan was to have a Halloween/GH colors sale, but I didn't really make enough stuff for a substantial sale. Sooo, I just sent a few of them out here and there to people who I've had pleasant interactions with... kinda in the same spirit as the "pay it forward" stuff!

I've been calling the orange/grey/black color "The spirit of GeekHack" since it goes with Halloween and works with way I see the "spirit" of geekhack (a mostly warm, friendly and giving environment!)
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 19:05:38 »
I've been calling the orange/grey/black color "The spirit of GeekHack" since it goes with Halloween and works with way I see the "spirit" of geekhack (a mostly warm, friendly and giving environment!)

Oh wow, so there are more of them out there!  Very appropriate name :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 19:45:16 »

Oh wow, so there are more of them out there!  Very appropriate name :)

There are a few! ;)

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 19:59:24 »
That spirit of GeekHack MonKey is perfect!
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Kerpadge

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 20:48:27 »
More

Show Image

Show Image

Well, the initial plan was to have a Halloween/GH colors sale, but I didn't really make enough stuff for a substantial sale. Sooo, I just sent a few of them out here and there to people who I've had pleasant interactions with... kinda in the same spirit as the "pay it forward" stuff!

That's incredibly nice of you! I'm going to keep an eye out for your next sale. The astronaut cap is stunning.

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 20:54:54 »

The astronaut cap is stunning.
I guess you could say that
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
It's looks are out of this world.

Seriously good look caps, Booper.

Offline Kerpadge

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 21:56:27 »

The astronaut cap is stunning.
I guess you could say that
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
It's looks are out of this world.

Seriously good look caps, Booper.

Here I was beating myself up because I didn't say stellar, and you knock it out of the park. Kudos to you, indeed.

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 00:56:41 »
Can't wait to get my hands on my Purple Parallax Parsec and post some photos of it!   :D :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 04:57:38 »
More

Show Image

Show Image

Orange/grey/black = nostalgia, the one true theme.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 05:56:18 »
Wow these are amazing, The space helmets are my favorite! <3

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 16:12:06 »
My MonKey, it looks like the eyes are transparent under the teal dusting but I'm not sure.

115036-0

The metallic purple esc on fn is also from Booper. My plan is to add more purple once JTK arrives.

115038-1
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 18:36:28 »
I want more.
I need a board of them.

Offline graefeln

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 11:53:16 »
...it really is quite pretty:

Offline trustinkiss

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 19:14:17 »
I like to pretend it's a deep sea diver  :p

115408-0

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #116 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 19:16:24 »

(Attachment Link)

Flawless.  :eek:

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 19:26:29 »
Really happy seeing Boop's caps populating all these boards. :)

Offline scubaste

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 11:01:58 »

Show Image

I can't wait for Hyperfuse. Very nice board!

(Attachment Link)

That looks excellent on Calm Depths! Nice photo!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #119 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 11:09:37 »
I love my Booper's, it's a shame I don't have my hyperfuse set to take awesome pictures with yet. I posted this in Booper's sale thread until I found the right place for the pic. :D

Pok3r with Triumph Adler(CMYW+Lilac Artisan)
by Steve N, on Flickr

Edit: Finally found the flickr bbcode and got it working :p
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 October 2015, 11:30:04 by Steezus »
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 11:42:21 »

Show Image

Heck yea! Can't wait to get my hyperfuse!

(Attachment Link)

A couple of people actually thought it was a diver initially! I didn't even think about that colorway going with calm depths, but man! That looks pretty dope. I need that set!

I love my Booper's, it's a shame I don't have my hyperfuse set to take awesome pictures with yet. I posted this in Booper's sale thread until I found the right place for the pic. :D
Show Image

by Steve N, on Flickr

Nice! I love all the color in that photo! Looks like you had some issues with your steel keypuller too? haha. Mine broke after like 2 uses  :rolleyes:

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #121 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 11:47:10 »
Show Image

by Steve N, on Flickr

Nice! I love all the color in that photo! Looks like you had some issues with your steel keypuller too? haha. Mine broke after like 2 uses  :rolleyes:

Haha yeah the NPKC keypullers are junk in my opinion, I didn't even finish taking all the caps off my Pok3r before it broke. I ended up putting a little solder in the hole and taped it up, it works fine for now but would definitely go with another option next time.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #122 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 11:51:55 »
Show Image

by Steve N, on Flickr

Haha yeah the NPKC keypullers are junk in my opinion, I didn't even finish taking all the caps off my Pok3r before it broke. I ended up putting a little solder in the hole and taped it up, it works fine for now but would definitely go with another option next time.

Have either of you tried the Filco wire pullers? I just ordered one because I've been using the plastic rings but I just hate them. I feel like I'm snapping keys every time I remove one. I was going to order the NPKC one (liked the look) but after reading the discussion board I quickly changed my mind...

Offline scubaste

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 12:14:07 »
Show Image

by Steve N, on Flickr

Have either of you tried the Filco wire pullers? I just ordered one because I've been using the plastic rings but I just hate them. I feel like I'm snapping keys every time I remove one. I was going to order the NPKC one (liked the look) but after reading the discussion board I quickly changed my mind...

I will vouch for the Filco being the best keypuller. I bought a Filco as my first mech like 4-5 years ago and still use their keypuller over any other despite having bought many alternatives.

Offline crayzieap

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 12:16:12 »
Show Image

by Steve N, on Flickr

I will vouch for the Filco being the best keypuller. I bought a Filco as my first mech like 4-5 years ago and still use their keypuller over any other despite having bought many alternatives.

Show Image

Those are the junk pullers sold frequently on Massdrop?

Offline scubaste

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 12:17:28 »
Yep thats where I got them.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #126 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 13:58:37 »

(Attachment Link)

Daaaaang, that looks so good!  :D

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 14:02:46 »

Show Image

Thank you! That is reassuring.

Although the picture you posted is not...I can feel myself getting frustrated just looking at it.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #128 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 16:37:00 »
I opened the package in front of my tenant and by the look on his face I'm pretty sure thought he thought I ordered some super luxurious space condoms or something....

Now I just have to wait for Hyperfuse!!

Offline mesteris

« Reply #129 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 21:06:02 »
Keycaps look great with so many keyset colorways!

I'm waiting on hyperfuse to arrive as well! Can't wait to give my booper a board to sit on.

Offline Belfong

Post Your Booper Keycaps!
« Reply #130 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 21:31:40 »
I’m surprised to see this cap arriving so soon. It’s not as metallic as what was shown in the sales photo. It’s more “granite stone lookalike” and I like it that way.

Offline mesteris

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 18:16:09 »
My booper finally got a full board to sit on!

« Last Edit: Wed, 04 November 2015, 18:25:04 by mesteris »

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 18:17:51 »
All these lovely pictures make me sad that I didn't participate in the sale!

I should have figured that my deep space cosmonaut needed a friend!
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #133 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 18:19:57 »

Show Image

Wow, those look great together.  :cool:
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 18:24:08 »

Show Image

Very nice! I'm still waiting on my hyperfuse and my orion to come in before pics can be taken :(.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #135 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 19:00:31 »
Hyperfuse finally came in! They match SO unbelievably well, and I didn't even order them with Hyperfuse in mind. How serendipitous :3

116594-0
116596-1
116598-2
116600-3

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #136 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 19:12:16 »
Hyperfuse finally came in! They match SO unbelievably well, and I didn't even order them with Hyperfuse in mind. How serendipitous :3

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

I was hoping Fusion Frenzy was Hyperfuse compatible but that's an understatement - it's perfect!

Your board needs an F row so you can put them both on :))
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #137 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 10:57:09 »
I opened the package in front of my tenant and by the look on his face I'm pretty sure thought he thought I ordered some super luxurious space condoms or something....

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Now I just have to wait for Hyperfuse!!

Awesome packagine and cute ass caps!  :)

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #138 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 11:47:15 »
Booper is fantastic :)

118059-0

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #139 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:47:03 »

Booper made my dream caps a reality. <3 <3 <3

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:48:32 »
i'm so sad when i see this thread :(

I wish i had one of Booper's works

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:49:03 »
i'm so sad when i see this thread :(

I wish i had one of Booper's works

Me four.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #142 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:49:20 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Damn those are nice  :eek:

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #143 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:50:53 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Waaa
that's so pretty!!!!
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #144 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:52:02 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Yaaaay! I'm glad  you got them quickly! :D

The kit kats are wasabi, green tea, cheesecake and rum raisin I think?

Offline raymogi

« Reply #145 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:52:49 »
Booper <3

Makes me want an Alps board just for those caps.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #146 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:53:39 »
I remember not liking the wasabi much. Also there aren't enough emojis to express how much I like these caps. Thank you booper!!!!

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*   

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #147 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:57:16 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Yeah dude, those are dope.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #148 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:57:44 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

holy ****

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #149 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 21:07:55 »
Makes me want an Alps board just for those caps.

You should want an Alps board. Period. The caps are just a little something extra ;)