Author Topic: [Product] UKKeycaps Switch Testers  (Read 65163 times)

Offline UKKeycaps

• UKKeycaps.co.uk / MechSupply.co.uk
    • UKKeycaps
[Product] UKKeycaps Switch Testers
« on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 08:49:48 »
Here is a thread for discussing the UKKeycaps switch tester

This testers are now available. Here is a teaser video

The testers are customisable, with the option of 8, 12, 16 or 24 switches with the following switches to choose from:

Cherry: Red Blue Black Brown Grey, Clear, White, Green, Dark Grey
Gateron: Red Blue Black Brown
Kailh: Red Blue Black Brown
Noppoo: Red Blue Black Brown
Greetech: Red Blue Black Brown

There will be 3 options for keycaps: Translucent, SP Grab Bag or no keycaps

Prices will be cheaper than all other switch testers currently on the UK market.

« Last Edit: Thu, 13 August 2015, 08:26:16 by UKKeycaps »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: UKKeycaps Switch Testers
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 03:55:27 »
Will you ship internationally?  A 24 switch tester would be great for displaying moderate collections of artisan keycaps ;)

Also exotic switches?  Super blacks?  Linear gray?  Tactile gray?  Would be great options :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 03:57:47 »
Nice!

I'll be the first mod-minded person to ask - what's the back/case look like, is there room for a Teensy?  24 keys is half a keyboard, or an extended numberpad...

Oh and congrats on the sub :thumb:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline UKKeycaps

• UKKeycaps
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 07:47:22 »
Will you ship internationally?  A 24 switch tester would be great for displaying moderate collections of artisan keycaps ;)

Also exotic switches?  Super blacks?  Linear gray?  Tactile gray?  Would be great options :)

I'll ship internationally but it won't be free shipping obviously :D

If you can point me where to get those switches I will include them as options :D

Nice!

I'll be the first mod-minded person to ask - what's the back/case look like, is there room for a Teensy?  24 keys is half a keyboard, or an extended numberpad...

Thanks! The case is essentially just a tray with some rubber feet on it, if you want to add a Teensy you'd probably have to fabricate your own case
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 July 2015, 07:59:02 by UKKeycaps »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 09:03:01 »
Nice!

Thanks! The case is essentially just a tray with some rubber feet on it, if you want to add a Teensy you'd probably have to fabricate your own case

Or maybe just some taller feet?  A pic from the side/top (whichever's open) would be great :)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline UKKeycaps

• UKKeycaps
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 15:19:07 »
Nice!

Or maybe just some taller feet?  A pic from the side/top (whichever's open) would be great :)

Bigger rubber feet might work, I'll send you a picture on Monday :D

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 03:06:44 »
Nice!

Bigger rubber feet might work, I'll send you a picture on Monday :D

Wednesday works too :))
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline UKKeycaps

• UKKeycaps
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 08:07:40 »
Wednesday works too :))

Whoops! Totally forgot, sorry. Here is an image from the side, as you can see there isn't much space to spare :D Also I want to note the rubber feet positions look like it might be unstable in this position, but there are numerous more feet that can't been seen in this image, and it's very stable indeed :D

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 12:24:45 »
My turn to forget!

You're right, there isn't much room so it would need a custom PCB or maybe the Teensy could be mounted on the end...  More thinking required!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline UKKeycaps

• UKKeycaps
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 05:27:35 »
Full range now available
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 August 2015, 11:54:05 by UKKeycaps »

Offline UKKeycaps

• UKKeycaps
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 06:58:39 »
Customers custom 12 switch tester with grab bag keycaps:

« Last Edit: Thu, 13 August 2015, 11:54:28 by UKKeycaps »

Offline Scarpia

Re: [Product] UKKeycaps Switch Testers
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 06:23:16 »
I purchased one of your mega switch testers a couple of weeks back - thanks for the fun selection of keycaps, by the way  ;D - and I was thinking: I don't know where you source the plastic trays, but if you could have trays made to fit Alps switches, that would be amazing. I for one would love to have a way to hold my collection of Alps switches that doesn't involve plastic bags or cannibalizing a vintage keyboard.

Also, please add an option to buy the trays without switches -- while I love the mega tester with all the standard Cherries, Gaterons, Kailhs etc., I'd love to have another tray next to it with vintage Cherry MX blacks, nixies, Razers, Zealios, etc.

Offline Bella_Hwang

• * Commercial Vendor
    • www.kailhswitch.com
Re: [Product] UKKeycaps Switch Testers
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 01:56:37 »
Hello Sir,

I'm Bella from the Kailh Electronics which is manufacturer of the mechanical keyboard switch,
now we have the kailh BOX switch and low profile switch as well as we have the keycap puller & RGB pocket numpad;
If there has any request about it,please contact me,thanks a lot!

sales12@kailh.com
www.kailh.com
Dongguan City Kaihua Electronics Co,Ltd

http://www.kailhswitch.com
http://www.kailh.com
Email:sales12@kailh.com