Author Topic: Spring pictures/info of mechanical keyboards switch springs  (Read 32748 times)

Offline KHAANNN

Spring pictures/info of mechanical keyboards switch springs
« on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 03:44:00 »
Mechanical keyboards sell many switch springs, yet there are no individual pictures/info on them

I'm wondering which of those springs are naturally pingless, whether any of them has high coils but and a strong "g" rating

Currently looking for a 60g+ spring that doesn't ping

Thanks in Advance
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline KHAANNN

Re: Spring pictures/info of mechanical keyboards switch springs
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 19:49:12 »
Well I ended up ordering 2x of 60/62/67 each, I'll review them when they arrive

It was also great to find the pcb mount clears back in stock, it seems they are oscillating
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 20:09:18 »
I had no idea springs could be naturally pingy.

Offline VanGhost

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 20:59:07 »
Dude, your posts are always really weird.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 21:07:01 »
Dude, your posts are always really weird.
I add just a hint of weirdness to spice things up

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 12:47:30 »
Mechanical keyboards sell many switch springs, yet there are no individual pictures/info on them

I'm wondering which of those springs are naturally pingless, whether any of them has high coils but and a strong "g" rating

Currently looking for a 60g+ spring that doesn't ping

Thanks in Advance

Well, we are new to carrying springs, and we are unaware of how to measure such 'pinginess.' We have started carrying springs because people have been requesting them for a long time now.

What I can tell you is that we have a 30 day return policy, even on springs, and if you are not happy with your purchase you may ship the item(s) back to us for a refund (subject to fees described in detail in our Customer Service FAQ's).  :thumb:
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 12:56:03 »
If you're going to be that paranoid, maybe put some liquid latex on the ends of the springs.  The latex should dampen the harmonics, hopefully enough to get rid of any ping.  All springs have the potential to ping though, it's just not an issue in most cases.  When it is, I'd be willing to bet that the housing plays a bigger part in it.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 10:46:07 »
nubbinator's lube advice indeed turned out to be the solution to the pings, indeed they all ping, and quite differently too

Apart from this, I had a chance to test the 60g, 62g, 67g springs, without being too scientific, the 60g was the best for clears

I tested them in a gray tactile switch, the 67g one really tainted the bump, the 60g one was more mellow than the clear spring itself

They are all high coiled springs, unlike the low coiled but strong clear spring (the tactile gray spring is also high coiled, it also pings the most, compared to the others)

Like I said It's not a scientific test, but I like 60g springs the most, to put inside pcb-mount gray's to make them practical clears (the clears themselves are only available at electronics part sellers)

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 19:50:35 »
After further usage, I really, really like the 60g and 62g springs from MK

The 67g has low number of coils while the 60g and 62g ones have more coils, a regular mx clear switch has even less coils then the 67g one

After using the 60g springs for 2 months, I had to use a regular mx clear and I can't wait to go back to these springs, comparatively, the mx clears feel cheap, going to use 62g ones next

I think because of the high coil number the response is more homogenous with these springs

(As another piece of info, the 'g' ratings are probably activation, so the 62g springs probably don't make ergo clears)