Author Topic: [Vending] GMK Hyperfuse Sale 10/23  (Read 231029 times)

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
Re: [Vending] GMK Hyperfuse Sale 10/23
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 15:25:05 »
Before I decide whether or not to buy this, could someone explain to me the best aspects of GMK?

The caps are shorter than the OEM ones that almost certainly came with your board, they are also thicker which changes the sound and gives a more solid feel and they have double shot legends which are smooth and will never fade, while many OEM caps have printing on which will wear off or lazered legends which can be felt.  In short they are the highest quality caps available.

I've never actually seen a GMK set but am waiting for these to arrive, if you have the money just buy a set and give it a try - if you don't like them you'll have no problem selling them on for the same price as long as you don't damage them :thumb:

On the subject of damage.  I have come across less than 20 keys which have had marks that will disappear with use.  I am not the kind of person to think this is excusable, and before anyone tries to say I am intent on letting this stand the record must show that a collective effort is being formed to handle this responsibly. Between [CTRL]ALT and me we are collecting information on orders with keycaps which have issues. 

I will provide more information on how we intend to right any issues encountered with your GMK Hyperfuse sets.

If anyone encounters an issue with their set please do not take it out of the packaging before photographing the issue with the keys in the box.  To be extra clear the most responsible take pictures of how it arrived after opening the box.  We need to be able to prove to the manufacturer that we did everything in our power to get the sets to you in the best condition possible.  With the videos you have seen me post I hope you all trust I am doing my part to ensure the best possible experience.  When it comes to getting replacement keys I am afraid I do not know of a reservoir of extras to pull into orders, but please be assured I will do whatever I can to make any issues right.
Binge, that's true customer service :')

Offline rolecks

« Reply #251 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 16:35:49 »
Good looks, Binge. This guy knows what's up when running a gb.  :thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #252 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 16:50:37 »
An always open communication channel is part of a good customer service.

Offline DrCr4nK

• Yeah, man. I dig that.
« Reply #253 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 16:59:30 »
That stinks that there have been issues. I hope gets worked out for those affected.  Still want these caps... lol

Offline dohbot

« Reply #254 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 17:12:57 »
Before I decide whether or not to buy this, could someone explain to me the best aspects of GMK?

The caps are shorter than the OEM ones that almost certainly came with your board, they are also thicker which changes the sound and gives a more solid feel and they have double shot legends which are smooth and will never fade, while many OEM caps have printing on which will wear off or lazered legends which can be felt.  In short they are the highest quality caps available.

I've never actually seen a GMK set but am waiting for these to arrive, if you have the money just buy a set and give it a try - if you don't like them you'll have no problem selling them on for the same price as long as you don't damage them :thumb:

On the subject of damage.  I have come across less than 20 keys which have had marks that will disappear with use.  I am not the kind of person to think this is excusable, and before anyone tries to say I am intent on letting this stand the record must show that a collective effort is being formed to handle this responsibly. Between [CTRL]ALT and me we are collecting information on orders with keycaps which have issues. 

I will provide more information on how we intend to right any issues encountered with your GMK Hyperfuse sets.

If anyone encounters an issue with their set please do not take it out of the packaging before photographing the issue with the keys in the box.  To be extra clear the most responsible course of action in case of damage is to take pictures of how it arrived after opening the box.  We need to be able to prove to the manufacturer that we did everything in our power to get the sets to you in the best condition possible.  With the videos you have seen me post I hope you all trust I am doing my part to ensure the best possible experience.  When it comes to getting replacement keys I am afraid I do not know of a reservoir of extras to pull into orders, but please be assured I will do whatever I can to make any issues right.

Good to know Binge! Just a question, if at the end of this there is a left shift left over either damaged or not, would I be able to buy it?
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #255 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 17:22:07 »

If anyone encounters an issue with their set please do not take it out of the packaging before photographing the issue with the keys in the box.  To be extra clear the most responsible course of action in case of damage is to take pictures of how it arrived after opening the box.  We need to be able to prove to the manufacturer that we did everything in our power to get the sets to you in the best condition possible.  With the videos you have seen me post I hope you all trust I am doing my part to ensure the best possible experience.  When it comes to getting replacement keys I am afraid I do not know of a reservoir of extras to pull into orders, but please be assured I will do whatever I can to make any issues right.

Good to know Binge! Just a question, if at the end of this there is a left shift left over either damaged or not, would I be able to buy it?
No idea right now.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #256 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 17:49:27 »

Still loving the FC660 I see :))  My set's not here yet, assuming I like the caps the left shift is still yours if you want it :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #257 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 18:24:40 »

GMK double shot ABS key caps have the best profile to aid typing, are self cleaning, have a nice grip, never worn off, have the better contrast of legends that cannot be replicated with infill, laser, neither with die sublimation methods.  That said, it is sad that recent GMK runs have suffered of quality defects. OG Cherry is still the best, but hard to find, and only available, if any, in conventional beige and black, some Dolch, some TAs and the like. Therefore, besides OG Cherry, GMK is the only alternative to go.

Offline dohbot

« Reply #258 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 18:25:03 »

Still loving the FC660 I see :))  My set's not here yet, assuming I like the caps the left shift is still yours if you want it :)

Yes please! That is awesome, I'll PM you when you get your set. I need to get my FC660M also... Its coming from Korea, turns out mechanicalkeyboards.com ran out of stock so they refunded immediately but I didn't realize, so for the past 10 days I was waiting for a tracking number (I thought I got one...) and then I checked my email and they said they refunded me and that it was out of stock, so now I ordered it from eBay and Korea, so maybe ill get it soon... Thanks so much!
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline ManicMatt1125

« Reply #259 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 18:32:25 »

GMK double shot ABS key caps have the best profile to aid typing, are self cleaning, have a nice grip, never worn off, have the better contrast of legends that cannot be replicated with infill, laser, neither with die sublimation methods.  That said, it is sad that recent GMK runs have suffered of quality defects. OG Cherry is still the best, but hard to find, and only available, if any, in conventional beige and black, some Dolch, some TAs and the like. Therefore, besides OG Cherry, GMK is the only alternative to go.
Can you please elaborate on the self cleaning aspect?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #260 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 18:36:58 »

Can you please elaborate on the self cleaning aspect?

ABS with smooth surface, as Cherry/GMK have, does not retain much dust, or dirt, as PBT or even ABS with rough surfaces do. In some cases PBT has to be scrubbed and brushed when it gets dirty, ABS keeps clean most of the time, and a simple wash eliminates most dirt when needed, mainly for keyboards that are used in over contaminated environments.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #261 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 18:45:38 »
They don't clean themselves.. they won't do your laundry either :(

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #262 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 18:47:35 »

:)) :)) :))

They do not catch dirt as easy as other plastics; for example, try to keep clean a set of rough PBT.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #263 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 19:03:11 »

They do not catch dirt as easy as other plastics; for example, try to keep clean a set of rough PBT.

Yeah, my PBT set does like to grab ahold of anything that comes near it

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #264 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 19:03:58 »

I get what ideus is saying and can affirm what he's saying - when GMK caps get dirty its literally a manner of scraping a fingernail over them to get them nice and clean again  :thumb:

Offline crovax3000

« Reply #265 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 19:29:45 »

Damn, a solid explanation.  Thanks man, you might have just swayed me

I wish more companies felt this way.

Offline DrCr4nK

• Yeah, man. I dig that.
« Reply #266 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 20:29:10 »

Damn, a solid explanation.  Thanks man, you might have just swayed me

I wish more companies felt this way.
Right?

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #267 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 22:01:06 »

WHAAAAAT??!

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #268 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 22:07:43 »
HYYYPEEEE or fuse?
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline crovax3000

« Reply #269 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 09:54:18 »
Show Image

WHAAAAAT??!

HYYYPEEEE or fuse?

At first I thought it was an hourglass. I'm not a smart person.

Offline graefeln

« Reply #270 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 10:04:36 »
Show Image

WHAAAAAT??!

HYYYPEEEE or fuse?

At first I thought it was an hourglass. I'm not a smart person.

That's alright, at first I thought it was a Roman numeral three and was wondering whether skipped two...

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #271 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 10:52:13 »
This just in:  Binge should do more work on his logos.  :-\

Offline graefeln

« Reply #272 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 11:12:43 »

Honestly, it's an awesome logo... once I realized what it was.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #273 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 11:44:22 »

Honestly, it's an awesome logo... once I realized what it was.

Can always do better for you guys :)

Offline crovax3000

« Reply #274 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 12:01:03 »

To be fair I was in traffic when I was looking at it. It looks good.

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #275 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 14:23:56 »
'Aftermarket' sets are being sold before I even get mine... :(

sory for threadpoop
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:43:18 by Firebolt1914 »

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #276 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:07:56 »

My price isn't just because I'm photogenic sir-bolt.  Packaging and timely execution are the name of the full retail game.

10 sets went out today.  Sorting through who needs their stickers with the order.

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #277 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:55:50 »

My price isn't just because I'm photogenic sir-bolt.  Packaging and timely execution are the name of the full retail game.

10 sets went out today.  Sorting through who needs their stickers with the order.

Have you updated the status of the orders online? You mentioned it started from order 2080 and I have order 2084, but my order is still in "processing" status. Anyway, thanks again. I'm just excited to get my first GMK set.  :thumb:

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #278 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 16:05:18 »

Have you updated the status of the orders online? You mentioned it started from order 2080 and I have order 2084, but my order is still in "processing" status. Anyway, thanks again. I'm just excited to get my first GMK set.  :thumb:

If you have stickers your order status will not change until your stickets/winnings are packaged with your hyperfuse set.  Stickers are complete on the 30th.

Offline ccc24

• HHKB , Ergodox
« Reply #279 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 16:21:01 »
hyperfuse,bingecaps, and stickets all in one package. My heart my explode. :p

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #280 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 16:24:00 »

If you have stickers your order status will not change until your stickets/winnings are packaged with your hyperfuse set.  Stickers are complete on the 30th.
Thanks. Hoping to win my first Bingecap as well. :D

Offline graefeln

« Reply #281 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 19:43:33 »
Got shipping notices for this and my Zealios today - so hyped. Should give me just enough time to put stuff together before these arrive (estimated Wednesday). Thanks again Binge.

Offline mtzgr

• My youtube
« Reply #282 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 20:52:26 »
Set is on the way, thanks again Binge. I've been using mechs since 2011, but only discovered the wallet-crushing world of keycaps, cases, and 60% boards last March, so I've missed out on a lot of cool ****. Really appreciate you putting up your money to make these sets available to us, and I hope everything goes well.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2015, 20:54:52 by mtzgr »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #283 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 21:02:19 »
Set is on the way, thanks again Binge. I've been using mechs since 2011, but only discovered the wallet-crushing world of keycaps, cases, and 60% boards last March, so I've missed out on a lot of cool ****. Really appreciate you putting up your money to make these sets available to us, and I hope everything goes well.

You may reconsider your "lost" as be "savings" instead.

Offline Butter

« Reply #284 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 21:27:13 »
Just got the tracking, thanks binge  :D

Offline crovax3000

« Reply #285 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 21:56:37 »

That's going to be quite a delivery. :)

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #286 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 10:12:49 »
13 sets left!  Holy smokes this was successful.  Wifu and I are working out how to get all the combined orders out quickly, and sending out the hyperfuse only orders ASAP.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #287 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 10:36:19 »
13 sets left!  Holy smokes this was successful.  Wifu and I are working out how to get all the combined orders out quickly, and sending out the hyperfuse only orders ASAP.

Congratulations, the risk you took has paid off.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #288 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 10:37:49 »

I don't there ever was much risk with a set as great as this.
I bought 4 sets originally thinking I would do the same thing but I can't part with them now because I'm too in love with them

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #289 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 10:48:17 »

I bought 4 sets originally thinking I would do the same thing but I can't part with them now because I'm too in love with them

Living in Australia, unless a neighbor wants one, would be extremely expensive to ship overseas, otherwise, I would ask you for one. LOL.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #290 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 10:51:25 »

Living in Australia, unless a neighbor wants one, would be extremely expensive to ship overseas, otherwise, I would ask you for one. LOL.

Yeah I already sent one down to Cottonsox in Melbourne.... Only 3 sets left  :'(

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #291 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 11:05:49 »

There was plenty of risk, and there still is.  This is a ton of responsibility, and I'm glad to be taking charge of it :)

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #292 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 11:34:05 »
I'm so excited. This is going to be my very first custom keycap set/GMK set.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #293 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 12:53:10 »

There was plenty of risk, and there still is.  This is a ton of responsibility, and I'm glad to be taking charge of it :)

Binge doing everyone in the community a huge favor by doing this  :thumb:

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #294 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 14:13:17 »
All labels printed today may not go out today.  I am trying to separate orders who have bought stickets from me with orders of Hyperfuse only.  We also have guys digging up our street and they will not be done until 7PM... can't get my car out of the driveway.

Offline clochette

« Reply #295 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 16:13:11 »
would dropping you a PM on whether we have the orders of Hyperfuse only aid you?

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #296 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 16:58:28 »
would dropping you a PM on whether we have the orders of Hyperfuse only aid you?

Good thought, but I have a great system of record keeping.  This is just a measure to make sure I don't screw up anyone's order who hasn't purchased stickers.

Offline Butter

« Reply #297 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 19:49:34 »

If Binge didn't do this I won't be able to get a set. Since I only join the mechanical keyboards hobby early this year.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #298 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:36:30 »

If Binge didn't do this I won't be able to get a set. Since I only join the mechanical keyboards hobby early this year.

It is never late to get your wallet hacked.

Offline fliptrik

« Reply #299 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 11:04:31 »
Realized stock was getting dangerously low and decided to pull the trigger on a set. I'm looking forward to a Binge extravaganza box once the stickers are ready to be shipped out.