Poll

Which Sale Format do you prefer?

Group Buy Style
Raffle Style
First Come, First Served Flash Sale

Author Topic: Sale Format Feedback  (Read 23249 times)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
Re: Sale Format Feedback
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 14:46:26 »
> people hate secondhand prices and complain about how it's unfair because they never get picked
> people hate when artisans make more caps to sate demand because...less rare? :eek:

So yeah, hooray for not being able to win there, bro.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 15:08:55 »
As other people have said, I like all of them for different reasons. I don't think one size fits all and that is part of the fun.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 15:11:08 »
Adding 2¢

I felt a bit jilted when I found out the Cherokey sale was GB style.  I'm not trying to increase the value of my collection - because I don't have much of one.  The rarity feels like IRL loot.  I just really enjoy the challenge of getting something unique.  What is the point of doing a mass buy of something made individually?  Isn't the purpose of a GB to reduce cost for the consumer?  I feel like if you want to mass market stuff where everyone can have access to it, you need to move to cheaper production methods for those runs.  This is really just over-saturating the market, and leading to a collapse of the artisan cap fad.

Sure, rarity isn't everything either.  There are some caps which are highly sought after, and they don't pique my interest either.

But if GB is the direction, I suddenly don't really care as much about possessing Bros.  And that bums me out.

These are just personal opinions.  No saltiness intended.

I can understand your position on this, but the group buy was more of a way to gauge the interest in this particular design, and try to accommodate that demand. It's not something that would happen often.
I feel like on one hand, I want to try to please everyone, but that's going to be impossible. On the other hand, people are going to complain that I don't produce enough, etc.

This sale was still limited, and none of those styles will be made again, so if you were hoping for rarity, it still exists, if you consider the amount of demand versus actual supply.

And again, if I make enough to meet demand, people are going to complain about exclusivity issues. Catch 22 -_-

Bunny and I always listen to feedback, and experiment with different things. We are definitely listening to the feedback from this last sale, and will be making adjustments where needed.

Catch 22 indeed.  People would complain about the lack of complainers if they could.

Offline mbrown559

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 15:18:20 »
Different Strokes for Different Folks.  aka This thread in a nutshell.  Do it how you like it Bro  ;)!

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 15:32:53 »
In regards to the GB itself that we just had, I think it went fine. People were forewarned about it and it was pretty straight forward - one cap of each style.

I do find it weird that it was in the group buys vs bro caps but I mean it was a gb so I guess not that weird? maybe keeping all bro sales regardless of raffle or gb on the bro side of ctrl alt. As far as the issues people were having, I'm not sure about that I didn't have a single issue getting in so as far as I can say it went well. 

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 16:00:32 »
Please stay on topic.

Please send any questions or complaints to my inbox to be fully ignored.

Lmao are you for real?
I made a post here about the rarity debate nonsense and then moved it to the therapy thread because I didn't want to derail Bro's feedback thread, you then post some inane bull****, and are somehow able to get it removed and replaced with a proper post, then dare to call me out for being off topic?

Still though, guess it's better than calling me a victim blamer

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 16:51:00 »
> people hate secondhand prices and complain about how it's unfair because they never get picked
> people hate when artisans make more caps to sate demand because...less rare? :eek:

Are these the same people?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 16:57:04 »
Please stay on topic.

Lmao are you for real?
I made a post here about the rarity debate nonsense and then moved it to the therapy thread because I didn't want to derail Bro's feedback thread, you then post some inane bull****, and are somehow able to get it removed and replaced with a proper post, then dare to call me out for being off topic?

Ayy lmao ಠ_ಠ

I left my feedback bro. I don't know what you're going on about.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 17:33:57 »
Please stay on topic.

Lmao are you for real?

Baldgye your looking too deep into it and trying to find meaning in what he's currently saying when infact it is just a load of crap, bar that one thing about the max of 2
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 20:31:58 »

So yeah, hooray for not being able to win there, bro.

Pretty much how things always turn out whenever you do something right...can never please everyone. I have complained a lot about missing sales, but looking back that's part of the fun, and honestly, I think my opinion is being swayed a bit by the group buy. But even if it were still a choice between raffle style and email, I'd still choose the raffle. Email/flash sales are just frustrating lol

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 21:37:53 »
Adding 2¢

I felt a bit jilted when I found out the Cherokey sale was GB style.  I'm not trying to increase the value of my collection - because I don't have much of one.  The rarity feels like IRL loot.  I just really enjoy the challenge of getting something unique.  What is the point of doing a mass buy of something made individually?  Isn't the purpose of a GB to reduce cost for the consumer?  I feel like if you want to mass market stuff where everyone can have access to it, you need to move to cheaper production methods for those runs.  This is really just over-saturating the market, and leading to a collapse of the artisan cap fad.

Sure, rarity isn't everything either.  There are some caps which are highly sought after, and they don't pique my interest either.

But if GB is the direction, I suddenly don't really care as much about possessing Bros.  And that bums me out.

These are just personal opinions.  No saltiness intended.

I can understand your position on this, but the group buy was more of a way to gauge the interest in this particular design, and try to accommodate that demand. It's not something that would happen often.
I feel like on one hand, I want to try to please everyone, but that's going to be impossible. On the other hand, people are going to complain that I don't produce enough, etc.

This sale was still limited, and none of those styles will be made again, so if you were hoping for rarity, it still exists, if you consider the amount of demand versus actual supply.

And again, if I make enough to meet demand, people are going to complain about exclusivity issues. Catch 22 -_-

Bunny and I always listen to feedback, and experiment with different things. We are definitely listening to the feedback from this last sale, and will be making adjustments where needed.

But then if you made enough of a particular keycap to please everyone, everyone would probably have a few of them.  Even if it was only one design and one colour.

Exclusivity would be lost, but everyone could say "I have a Bro Cap!".

Like Sadsters.

Imagine whole keyboards populated with one Bro Cap :eek:

You'd probably end up spending the rest of your life making that one keycap.

Some exclusivity has to remain!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 00:19:52 »
Meh, can't stand exclusivity personally. If that's anybodies thing they should be out there customizing and making new stuff. Not securing something 'exclusive' with hundreds, particularly ONE cap imo. Raffle just seems too sketchy for me to partake in frankly =\ In the day and age of kickstarter's/GB's.
No knowledge of manufacturing, but sounds like you guys are doing 'too' good and should up it. Though of course  from a business perspective, you've got costs to worry about, QUALITY, the hassle of GB since its delayed, 3D printers becoming ever more prescidence, or simply other makers.
I missed Kraps on sale cus of the real world/work and exhaustion just now. Hate that salty feeling T.T

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline Durvid

• Thunk thunk thunk..
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 14:22:24 »
I was pretty into the cherokey group buy thing, but also glad there were only a certain amount. It allowed more people to get into it but still keep up the general rarity.

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #113 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 16:45:49 »
A mix of all three sales with group buys being the least one done. I want my bro caps to be somewhat rare

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 17:24:08 »
Please bring back the old email sale format. Announced sale time, email a certain address. See if you get an email saying you won.

Offline Dee1

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 14:36:41 »
Personally, I dislike the raffle format and much prefer the GB format, even when the GB amount is limited.

FCFS sales are nice if they are announced a decent amount of time beforehand and the choices are known beforehand. If it's announced like... 30 minutes before than it's kind of annoying because someone like me who is usually busy with work all day probably won't even see the announcement. Even after that, I have to plan to set aside a bit of time to beforehand in order to even participate in all of fun of going, "Omg, I submitted! Yay! Did I make it on time?! :D" And that's just because of how busy I am.

I hate the randomness of raffles. I know why they exist and how it's fair for everyone because people have time to submit tickets and someone's terrible internet service cutting out on them for 4 hours won't cause them to lose out on the chance for a cap and all that. But I just really don't like them. I prefer to be able to order an artisan cap and know that if I missed out on it then it's my fault. It isn't because I was unlucky. It's just because I missed the sale period or was too slow. But as I said, I get why it exists and I'm pretty happy everyone gets an equal chance at winning a cap even though I dislike the random nature of them. :)

I don't really care about "rarity" or "exclusivity" to the extent that some people seem to, so something like a limited GB is more preferable to me than a quick sale with fewer available caps. I don't care at all if 50 or 100 other people have the exact same cap I do. I don't desire Bros because they are rare or because I'll feel ... something if I get one. If I want a Bro cap, it's usually just because I just love the look of it! In addition to that, the only other thing I care about is the quality of the cap! It's not an investment for me or anything. I buy artisan caps because I love the look of them and the work that went into them and because I want to use them. I'm sure that there's some point where the quality of the caps has to decrease in order to reach a certain quantity. That is why, in order to preserve the quality of the caps, I am totally okay with limits on the # of caps people can buy or on the total # sold.

Well, I feel like I kind of rambled, but those are my thoughts on the matter. :)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #116 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 14:46:13 »
Please bring back the old email sale format. Announced sale time, email a certain address. See if you get an email saying you won.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 14:51:03 »

Show Image

:thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 15:02:05 »
Mr Bro

I feel as if you have coincidentally created the most controversial thread this year.

:thumb:

raffle and rarity for life