Author Topic: bunny update  (Read 23318 times)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Re: bunny update
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 22:38:58 »
Almost ready to go home is definitely good news!

Don't expect to get much sleep though ;)
Haha. Give him a week to realize this on his own before you drop that bomb on him.

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #101 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 23:06:04 »
Congratulations Bunny! I don't think I remembered the first month after because it was a blur, I hope you do!  :))

Offline skaloola

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 00:20:53 »
Wow, I had no clue you were in the middle of something like this and even still you had replied to an email I sent extremely quickly.

That is amazing and in a sense it makes me feel kind of sad (and a bit guilty)=/.  If it was me I would have dropped off the face of the planet (as far as the internet were concerned anyways).

Anyways congrats

Offline rjradical

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 00:51:52 »
Great news on coming home soon. First thing I remember with my daughter after we got her home and everyone left was: " What do we do now?"

Only bit of advice is keep a camera/phone camera on hand because you never know what they will do. ;D

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 07:56:39 »
everyone is doing great and we are about to get settled back home shortly, with a little help from some family members

ill have some pics and updates for people shortly but please bare with me during this time

Great news  :thumb: .

Don't go overboard with posting all your personal life on the web otherwise it could end up like another "Everlasting Episode" from UnREAL.

Certain things are best kept private, due to all the "Creepos" that now inhabit this virtual world, which quite frankly isn't safe nor comforting.  The best pics and videos you keep for yourself to share with your loved ones but for us strangers we don't deserve that type of trust because we are just that, complete strangers.

Glad everything went well, now comes the real hard part - being a full-time daddy and of course your wife's most perfect husband  8) .
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2015, 18:26:27 by Elrick »

Offline icyskyz

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 14:52:55 »
Congrats Bunny! Hope everything goes well for Mason & Mrs. Bunny! Nothing in this world is more important than your family, take care!
My collections - flickr | HWS Keyng Collector |

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 09:44:30 »
****, i haven't been around the past while due to actually working but i can't believe you even took the time to leave this post.

Really sucks that so many complications came up but i'm very happy to hear they both pulled through it!!!!
Welcome to the world mason!!!!! i'm sure you'll be way more awesome than your dad =P
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 16:42:18 »
hey guys, im officially back home, please bare with me as i take the time to settle my son in and look after my wife

i will slowly be working through my backlog of messages and emails as and when i can but will be a while before im in full swing again

im currently learning the art of literally never sleeping yet somehow having zero time in a day
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 16:48:44 »
Glad to hear that you're back at home.

I'm sure we all understand the situation and would like you to focus on your family first.

Good luck with everything and hope you can get some time to rest!

Take care sir

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 16:55:21 »
What a lovely day for Mason to get his first glimpse of the world outside - dull with drizzle!  Glad to hear everyone's well enough to go home though, lets hope he learns the art of sleeping now he has his own room which doesn't smell of disinfectant :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 16:58:39 »
Glad to hear the family's home now. Forget about your PMs for a bit and take the time to nap whenever you can :) You've probably been running at 400% this past week so you definitely need some time to yourself.

We'll be ready for your return when you are. 
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 17:01:33 »
hey guys, im officially back home, please bare with me as i take the time to settle my son in and look after my wife

i will slowly be working through my backlog of messages and emails as and when i can but will be a while before im in full swing again

im currently learning the art of literally never sleeping yet somehow having zero time in a day

haha good to hear your back! M8 do your self and your family a golden and just go afk for a week or so, keyboard orders can wait for a bit family comes first :P

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 17:02:23 »
Congrats Bunny and Mrs Bunny! I hope you're able to sleep some time before Christmas!

Offline ImDaBaron

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 17:13:20 »
Take your time Bunny :)

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 17:16:33 »
Glad to see you and your family are back safe and sound. Enjoy being a father!
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline Keypurrfect

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 17:18:05 »
Congrats!

Offline malaik0

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 17:26:16 »

I'm glad to know that everything is okay  ;)

:llama: :llama: :llama: :llama: :llama:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #117 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 17:35:42 »

Awesome news! Take your time and enjoy that little one!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #118 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 18:09:36 »

Good news!  Enjoy your time with your new son!  I know he's going to love that room you worked so hard on!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #119 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 18:14:03 »
Glad everything worked out, I know how scary that can be!  My wife was in labor for 3 days then they had to do an emergency c-section to get our son out.. Take your time man.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #120 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 18:33:50 »
Gratz on making it home safe with the wife and mini-bunny. 

Where the baby pics at?

Side note, your son was born on me and my wife's 9 year wedding anniversary.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline tchevass

• open wide
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 18:40:12 »
Gratz on making it home safe with the wife and mini-bunny. 

Where the baby pics at?

Side note, your son was born on me and my wife's 9 year wedding anniversary.

There's one on instagram !
I want clacks

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 20:55:29 »

That is great to hear. So happy for you guys.

Mason's job is to sleep, eat and grow. Mommy's job is to take care of Mason, and daddy's job is to take care of mommy.

You will learn the art of napping ANYWHERE. :)  Just hang in there, you will get your head above water in a week or two, don't rush it and enjoy it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 21:09:32 »

Nice one :)

Enjoy every moment you have with him at this age - they grow up VERY quickly.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 21:13:10 »

This is SO true. Time flies and you will wake one morning and he will be talking. Its crazy...

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #125 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 02:50:41 »

This is SO true. Time flies and you will wake one morning and he will be talking. Its crazy...
And learning to say NO  :))
Glad to hear everything is OK, take your time Bunny to adjust to having a child and enjoy it :)
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 04:11:39 »

And learning to say NO  :))
Glad to hear everything is OK, take your time Bunny to adjust to having a child and enjoy it :)

It is difficult adjusting to having a child because just when you thought you had everything covered, the child changes.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 06:54:47 »
It is difficult adjusting to having a child because just when you thought you had everything covered, the child changes.
That's the very thing you have to adjust to  :)) I know this first hand with my 5 year daughter.
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 06:57:19 »
That's the very thing you have to adjust to  :)) I know this first hand with my 5 year daughter.
My 7yr old acts like a teenager already but I still remember when she was only a couple pounds. :eek:

Offline yomammary

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 07:09:13 »
You'll get used to being always tired trust me :))
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline renne

« Reply #130 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 11:02:47 »
I'm truly sorry that I sent your so many pms without reading this thread. :'(
Take your time.
And take care of yourself.

Offline crayzieap

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 12:10:24 »
Prayers and wishes for you and your family Bunny.  Hope all turned out okay.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 21:17:15 »
Just came by to show some support as I was thinking and you crossed my mind 8) seriously it gets easier with the little ones and try to train yourself to fall asleep quickly so that you can sleep when mason does  :)) I'm very glad you all pulled through much love to you and yours SM !!!!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #133 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 19:06:14 »
My 7yr old acts like a teenager already but I still remember when she was only a couple pounds. :eek:

You bought her? :o thought that was illegal these days? :P
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #134 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 19:17:45 »

You'll get used to being always tired trust me :))
How true this is. I wonder if there come an age where you are not tired anymore.

Offline mrgoldenzombie

• Topre is cool I guess....
« Reply #135 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 17:18:22 »
hey guys, probably not the right place to put this but it does affect ctrl alt

as some of you may know me and my wife were having a baby

he was finally born yesterday after being 2 weeks overdue

there were some serious complications during labour and there were times where it looked like i may lose both my child and my wife

they are both fine but the babies heart stopped several times, and as a result they had to take some pretty extreme measures to get him out in hurry, because of this, my wife lost a very large amount of blood and it wasnt looking great for a little while there

he was born at 9.14 am on the 21st of october (back to the future day) and his name is mason

because of what was mentioned above and several other complications that happened, my wifes and therefor my stay in hospital is going to be a fair bit longer than expected, whilst we resolve some issues and both her and mason can get there strength back

the result of this is i wont be around at all for probably the next 2-3 days, and then will be on for very limited time for about a week after that whilst i am getting my family back to normal

i appreciate everyones patience for any delays in any projects i am involved in, and im very sorry for any inconvenience this causes anyone

thank you

bunny
Stay strong  :thumb:
O-Ringed Black RealForce 87u  | O-Ringed Novatouch with Miami PBT

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 19:06:19 »
Just saw the Instagram photo...aww, that looks like the bunny I got for Mason right above his head! Yay!

Hope all is still well in the BunnyLake household  :)

Offline treefinger

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 08:40:12 »
Hope all is well! Congratulations!