Author Topic: [SOLD] Model F-XT, $75 shipped  (Read 2350 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
[SOLD] Model F-XT, $75 shipped
« on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 16:44:01 »
Vintage IBM MODEL F PC XT Keyboard (1981), Clicky, PN 1801449 (UNTESTED)

$60 + $15 US shipping, around half of what these have been going for lately. Good luck! (I must stay married myself, unfortunately.)
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 November 2017, 01:49:35 by ander »
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Re: Model F-XT, $75 shipped
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 22:02:19 »
Nice find!  Too bad it's untested.  I've learned that a lot of sellers use that as a way to dump broken stuff they know they can't fix. :(

Offline JP

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 10:10:56 »
Nice find!  Too bad it's untested.  I've learned that a lot of sellers use that as a way to dump broken stuff they know they can't fix. :(

Certainly an issue with vintage pc's but not so much with keyboards, especially Model F's. The rule is thumb is that Model F's always work. XT's are harder to test unless you have a vintage IBM pc or a Soarer's adapter. I bought a Model F on eBay and the seller swore that the keyboard did not work and they tested on multiple computers (modern ones). I get the keyboard and it works just fine  ;D
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 10:27:41 »

Certainly an issue with vintage pc's but not so much with keyboards, especially Model F's. The rule is thumb is that Model F's always work. XT's are harder to test unless you have a vintage IBM pc or a Soarer's adapter. I bought a Model F on eBay and the seller swore that the keyboard did not work and they tested on multiple computers (modern ones). I get the keyboard and it works just fine  ;D
Maybe I'm just judging from what I've seen in model M listings--obvious molested Ms that have been put back together to look decent with a 'untested' remark when they should be listed as unworking for parts only.

That's great to hear about your F.  That's one IBM that I haven't typed on in decades.  Maybe I need to pick one up for old times sake...