Site Announcements and Feedback > Announcements/Feedback/Suggestions

Implemented changes to the GROUP BUYS subforum and the VToS

<< < (6/7) > >>

xondat:
I see too many words and I get confused easily. The difference is if it fails or not.

Group buys can fail. You can place an order but it might never actually happen.

Pre-orders cannot fail. You will get your order in the future.

Adding onto "sales" (see Kin etc). Items are made and are being sold, head off to classified. Saying that, an IC is welcome as it may be required to see if there is interest in the region (yeah, see Kin again).

Photoelectric:

--- Quote from: xondat on Thu, 16 February 2017, 14:20:06 ---I see too many words and I get confused easily. The difference is if it fails or not.

--- End quote ---

That's not entirely accurate: you can prepay for a product to be made, and the factory can make a mistake and mess up the materials you paid for, or do the wrong color, or result in defects, or tell you that something costs more, or send you stuff for assembly and you'll fail to put it together and ship it for whatever reason, or you'll be hit with high import fees, etc., etc.  There are many ways a buy can fail, and it's a case-by-case situation.

riotonthebay:
Hmm... maybe what I'm getting at is an issue of visibility. Right now we have subforums split out based on how you get a product, not based on what you're getting. This creates a challenge though -- how do people find the stuff they want to find? If I'm looking for a sweet new custom keyboard, I'm heading over to IC and GB, because that's where all the sweet new custom keyboards have been in the past. Except now, kin25's thread is in Artisan Services, and it's no surprise that the thread has had fewer posts than when it was still in IC. Now, it obviously didn't belong in IC, but it's still a shame that it's getting less attention because it was moved to the "correct" subforum.

I don't really have a great proposal, I suppose. I guess it would be cool if I could just go to the "I wanna buy a cool custom keyboard" subforum, and I can see all the ICs, GBs, and sales like kin's, and come away with a keyboard. Right now I have to bounce between a bunch of places to figure out what's available.

riotonthebay:

--- Quote from: Photoelectric on Thu, 16 February 2017, 14:28:49 ---
--- Quote from: xondat on Thu, 16 February 2017, 14:20:06 ---I see too many words and I get confused easily. The difference is if it fails or not.

--- End quote ---

That's not entirely accurate: you can prepay for a product to be made, and the factory can make a mistake and mess up the materials you paid for, or do the wrong color, or result in defects, or tell you that something costs more, or send you stuff for assembly and you'll fail to put it together and ship it for whatever reason, or you'll be hit with high import fees, etc., etc.  There are many ways a buy can fail, and it's a case-by-case situation.

--- End quote ---

I think what he's getting at is that the risk goes down almost an order of magnitude each time. Maybe 10% of group buys fail, but only 1% of pre-orders fail, and only 0.1% of straight up sales fail. (Those aren't meant to be exact numbers, but hopefully you get the point.)

romevi:
We should make it "Vendors Awesome Terms of Service" so that we can use the acronym VAToS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version