Author Topic: [GB] DSA Run - Cancelled :(  (Read 10213 times)

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
[GB] DSA Run - Cancelled :(
« on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 20:40:13 »
Dear all, unfortunately we're far from MOQ, so we'll have to conclude the GB without proceeding to the buy phase. All buyers on monokei.us have been refunded. I've notified KP on Taobao and CandyKeys to proceed with refunds on their end as well.

All is not lost, we're looking to get this design through another manufacturer possibly next year. Thanks again for all the support!

More
Hi everyone,

DSA Run is here! airhorns

IC Thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=85825.0

Additional renders!

Where:

Get in on the buy at https://monokei.us
China/Taobao: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c-s.w13619845-14986162203.14.2c5d7ebfHpAnj&id=557915644158
EU: CandyKeys

I've setup this site for the buy, and hopefully for a few other projects that are on the way. The site is really basic now so if you have trouble with the site please do let me know, cheers.

Price:

• Base Kit: $144
  • Addons Kit: $75

Materials:
Base kit: ABS double shot
Addons: PBT dyesub for JP alphas, ABS doubleshot for the rest

Shipping:

Shipping options are available so do choose your preferred one.

Singaporeans, you may choose to pick up the set at a location and time to be decided for free. Look for that option in the drop down menu.

Worried about VAT? Send me an email about it, or drop a note. We can work something out.

Timeline:

GB end: 20th September 2017
Please do temper your expectations, it is a SP buy after all. Currently we're looking at receiving the set in January-February, depending on production time and having it in your hands by March to April. I'm overestimating greatly here, and would rather get it to you earlier than expected, than much later.

Raffle:

This time around KeyForge has kindly provided us with a pair of artisan keycaps for the raffle. A Shishi and an Orochi in the set's colourway will be released exclusive to buyers of the set. These keycaps will be raffled off with the help of the RNG gods, and will be allocated separately so it'll only be possible to win either one. This will be a once-off colourway.

Proxy:

As of now there are no proxies for the buy, but if you require feel free to drop a note via monokei.us@gmail.com with your order number in the title and we can work out something. I've shipped to Europe many times as many of you who've traded with me can attest to that fact.

MOQ:

As of now we have a MOQ of 150 for the base kit, and 75 for the addonds kit. Do encourage your friends and family, even your mam to get in on the buy. We won't be running this a second time ;)

Support:

Ping me on Reddit/Slack/GH or via monokei.us@gmail.com with your question/comment clearly in the title, cheers.

Lemme know your comments as always, I've tried to include as many keys as possible without increasing the price of the set by too much. Much thanks to those who have looked through the new kits and helped out.
It's pretty much just my S/O and I working on this, so do let us know if there's anything we've missed out.

Photos in case you're lost:
Base Kit
Addon Kit

Lastly, some notes on the prices. Unfortunately SP's prices seem to have gone up and we're being charged quite a substantial amount for both kits. Do keep in mind we're looking at breaking even after calculating the cost of taxes, ordering from SP and other misc things. I do understand that quite a few people have concerns with the prices, myself included but I've tried absorbing some of the costs in order to bring it down, my sincere apologies again for those who have been supporting this set all this while.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 September 2017, 10:54:37 by beamingrobot »
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
Re: [GB] DSA Run
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 20:40:24 »
-reserved-

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 00:27:18 »
Thread approved!  :p

Offline Moderation Team

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 00:28:00 »
As a reminder to all, CAVEAT EMPTOR

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 00:28:09 »
Good luck with the group buy!

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline krey

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 01:00:14 »
my first purchase!

hope it all goes well. :)
Kepler FC65 | 7v | Think6.5 v1 | Maja | G60 | TX75v2 | Fjell | Klippe x2 | Acrylic Tofu | CA66 | Norbaforce

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 06:55:14 »
When you're scrolling down your site (Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit), Windows 10), the section after the addons appears momentarily, then disappears before you fully see it.

GLWB!

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:14:33 »
When you're scrolling down your site (Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit), Windows 10), the section after the addons appears momentarily, then disappears before you fully see it.

GLWB!

Thanks, I've reported that issue to Shopify, sadly they cannot figure it out for now (it happens on my desktop computer as well) so all we can do is wait.

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 11:50:32 »
Reverse dye-sub on the modifiers?
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 12:20:19 »

ABS doubleshot
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 12:22:09 »

ABS doubleshot
Thanks Puddsy, updated OP with info on that.

Offline yohanskee

• * Maker
  • There is no escape from enemy who lives within
    • Alpha Keycaps Instagram
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 02:48:41 »
Two things that I love so much combined, perfect
TGR 910 CE | Singa R1 | HHKB Pro 2 | IBM Model M

Alpha Keycaps - Making Stuff Thread
Alpha Keycaps - Sale Thread

Offline tigerali

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 12:03:08 »
How much should I worry about shine with this set?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 12:24:29 »

I don't think you should. Obviously it varies, but I doubt a year of constant use would make ABS shine much.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:09:22 »
More renders thanks to thesiscamper!

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:50:00 »
Will you be updating current order numbers in the OP so we can tell if it's going to hit MOQ?
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline tigerali

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 23:53:24 »

I don't think you should. Obviously it varies, but I doubt a year of constant use would make ABS shine much.

Thanks! I'm in!

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 01:12:52 »
Will you be updating current order numbers in the OP so we can tell if it's going to hit MOQ?

Definitely! As of now we are a distance away from hitting MOQ, so if anyone is on the fence it'll be a good time to join  :p

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 20:31:42 »
looking forward to this set!
-Dana

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 08:45:35 »
Just a short update, we're on TB via KP if you're so inclined. EU peeps can also order through CandyKeys really soon  :thumb:

GB will be extended till 20th September 2017, right now we're slow but do encourage your friends to join in :D

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 23:48:57 »
What are the numbers looking like? With only a week to go, is this on track to hitting MOQ?

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 00:05:15 »
I'm waiting on numbers from TB and EU, but we're looking at about 35 sets so far, so if anyone is on the fence now would be a good time to join in :)

Offline jraper13

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 13:51:06 »
hey this looks great! Im about to pull the trigger but am curious if this does not hit MOQ do we get our money back or what happens?

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 17:20:28 »
hey this looks great! Im about to pull the trigger but am curious if this does not hit MOQ do we get our money back or what happens?

I would say yes, if this fails to meet minimum order quantity (which looks highly likely  :( ) then people would get their money back. You know, unless he lost it at a roulette table or something fun  :p
-Dana

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 17:24:25 »

I would say yes, if this fails to meet minimum order quantity (which looks highly likely  :( ) then people would get their money back. You know, unless he lost it at a roulette table or something fun  :p

I think that if we knew how close it was to hitting, more people may jump in. Also, knowing how refunds will work in the event it falls short.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 00:08:21 »
Thanks for the questions, as of now we're not that close to hitting. Some numbers on my end: 30 orders on monokei, 20+ on Taobao through KP, waiting for CandyKeys to respond.

I apologize for not being up to speed on this, the good thing is since we're using Shopify and we have a separate PP Business account all orders can be refunded at no loss to either me, or you :)

We have 1 more day to go, and after that if it doesn't hit, which seems likely all participants will receive an email with refunds back to their account, which they should then spend it on Calm Depths :P

If this doesn't work out, I'm exploring options to bring this colourway and design to another keycap profile. DSA costs way too much from SP at the moment.

:p

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 10:42:17 »
^ cool cool. oh well. XDA of GMK would be my vote... no more SA caps. Actually probably a good idea to ease up on SP since they cant/wont keep up with the backorders they've been given.  :p
-Dana

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 13:23:14 »
Can we get the current numbers since this is the last day? Is this within 50 kits of meeting MOQ?

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 10:52:44 »
Dear all, unfortunately we're far from MOQ, so we'll have to conclude the GB without proceeding to the buy phase. All buyers on monokei.us have been refunded. I've notified KP on Taobao and CandyKeys to proceed with refunds on their end as well.

All is not lost, we're looking to get this design through another manufacturer possibly next year. Thanks again for all the support!

Offline tigerali

Re: [GB] DSA Run - Cancelled :(
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 13:49:07 »
Real shame, it was a beautiful colorway. Thank you for the speedy refund, and good luck!

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 04:46:36 »
Real shame, it was a beautiful colorway. Thank you for the speedy refund, and good luck!

Thanks for the support! It'll come back soon in another profile, I'm in contact with other manufacturers to get it done :)

Offline heliar_mk

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 30 September 2017, 04:46:05 »
Maybe the XDA is the another choice.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 16:01:10 »

sorry this didnt pan out for you beamingrobot, cool set and would be nice to see a bit of a dsa resurgence, whilst its not my favourite profile to type on, i love seeing pics of it and works great with a ton of awkward profile boards as mismatching profiles is a real pet peeve of mine

looking forward to seeing what you do with it in the future
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON