geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] GMK 9009 Ortho and Vim Kits

(1/7) > >>

GarrettSucks:
INTEREST CHECK FORM
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfc-z8GcJM8meDd_mkZJSs7jJKm3ak6Y4klZwV54nhTCFeSMw/viewform

EDIT: HERE>> https://instagram.com/p/BfwXtzBlV0N/ is one of the renders of the Vim caps to help you visualize if you would like the colored options. Other colors are coming soon!

*Alright people. We're back.*

The GMK 9009 group buy was finally wrapped up a couple weeks ago and everything went very good! Thank you for all of the support!

VIM KIT

As with most popular sets, I thought I would bring the VIM caps to this set as well. I teased it a bit on Instagram and the vote was overwhelming in favor of continuing with this idea.

This VIM kit is a little different than others in the past, as there are many colors that would look amazing as your VIM arrows. It is not just one color, like most VIM kits. This is probably the biggest VIM kit ever made, so the price will reflect that. With this comes all the options that you would expect from 9009. I already have a quote and render from GMK, but I am running an interest check, just to make sure y'all are happy.

There are two things, about the kit, that I need the community to decide/confirm. The answers to these questions will possibly lower or raise the price of the current quote, depending on whether caps or are added or removed. (Obviously)

1. Should there be all four colors of 9009? If not, which should be removed. (In my mind, I think they should all be there, in order for everyone to get the look they want. However if one was to be removed, I think it should be the Mod colored set.)

2. Should we add 1u R1 Vim caps? If so, should we remove the 1.75u Key? (If we add the 1u cap to each color, it will raise the cap total to 30 keys, increasing the price)

The price as we sit will be around $45. If the 1u caps are added, it will go up to around $50.

MOQ is 150 as usual for GMK.

ORTHOLINEAR KIT

I worked with my good friend from /u/woodkeys_click to make a true Ortholinear set for GMK 9009. We wanted to design an ortho kit for those that want 9009, but don't want to shell out for a compatibility kit on top of a full set. The goal here is to keep the cost down while maintaining compatibility for most users. Adding the 9009 accent color options, increases the key count, but we felt it was important to give users options.

We tried to keep compatibility for those that like their ESC and Tab on different rows. With the sculpted kit and accent colors, that adds quite a few keys, so only the ESC gets the accent color and not tab. That is just the price you pay when trying to cater to so many different layouts, with a sculpted set.

Finally, we included convex keys in all the mod and accent colors. There is a 2u of each color and 2x 1u for each. The raise and lower icon keys are not convex, but those that want convex there can swap in the blank convex keys.

New molds will be made for a few keys, and I believe this will be the first GMK set with Linux caps!

The main boards targeted are 4x12: Planck/Let's Split, and 5x12: Preonic/Nyquist. Other boards should be possible, but it doesn't really extend to larger sizes like the xd75re. To cover that would basically mean adding a numpad and/or nav cluster which would drive the price way up. So tell us what you think about this kit. We have consulted many ortho users in the making of this kit, so it should be pretty buttoned up already, but do not hesitate to voice your opinion.

As of right now, this set will be priced at $105 with an MOQ of 150. Price price drop to $99 at 250 sold.

Thank you so much for reading this, if you have gotten this far! We hope to hear all of your thoughts and concerns in order to make these the best kits for you!

Garrett
Dixie Mech

UPDATE 3/23/18

Hey everyone!

The time has come for the GMK 9009 Ortholinear and Vim Groupbuy! /u/woodkeys_click and I have spent a lot of time making sure these kits are just right. Just wanted to give the last update before the GB goes live.

***When***
The GB will go live at 10 AM CST tomorrow,  Saturday, March 24th. It will run for 2 weeks until April 7th. We are prepared to go for three weeks, if necessary, for things like paychecks and bills and the sorts. So just leave comment here letting us know if you're in that boat.

***What***
Obviously this is a group buy for the GMK 9009 Ortholinear and Vim kits. Below you will see the details of each kit.

*$105* **ORTHOLINEAR KIT** | 94 pieces | MOQ 150 | Price drop to $95 at 250
https://i.imgur.com/2t2XSRQ.jpg

*$35* **VIM KIT** | 21 pieces | MOQ 150
https://i.imgur.com/z77Ybql.jpg

***Where***
*NA:* The group buy will be hosted on *redacted* in the same place as the other 9009 buy from a few months ago. The new kits will just be in the drop down.

*EU:* The European proxy will be mykeyboard.eu. They ran the last 9009 groupbuy for Europe, so everything should be familiar there as well. Contact them for any questions regarding EU purchases.

***Shipping***
Rough shipping estimate is the end of August, but that is obviously very rough, because nothing has actually happened yet.

***Raffles***
We have teamed up with /u/taylorisg from Boomsnap! Caps to create some 9009 themed artisans. The sculpt will be announce at a later time, but all you need to know is how to win them.

The first 50 customers to join the group buy, will be entered into a raffle to win 1 of 2 9009 themed caps. And when I say *win*, I don't mean, *you may purchase them*; I mean you win them. *FOR FREE.* So when the doors open up at 10 AM CST this Saturday, be one of the first 50 in, and you'll have a 1/25 chance of getting one of these caps! (This is only for people who purchase through Dixie Mech)

Let us know if you have any questions! We will try to answer them throughout the day!

Shoutout to /u/Janglad for the renders!
Also shoutout to /u/kingrama for giving us awesome M60-A renders!

punkpc:
You can count me in for the Ortho kit!  :thumb:

Kafka:

I'd like the beige and grey caps from the VIM kit  :thumb:

kitty:
keen on ortho kit c:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodkeys:
I'm so excited about this. Can't wait for GMK ortho.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version