geekhack Community > Ergonomics

AM HATSU - Alu Dactyl-manuform Keyboard?

(1/7) > >>

Crazy Designers:
this is not even an Interest Check lol, i just share our thoughts to you guys  :p

To bring the industrial standard to the Dactyl-manuform Keyboard, we envisioned a radical design for it:
Alu case + Rigid-Flex PCB

Real talk or nonsense? Please leave your thoughts here.

econeuler:
Super cool! Regarding the layout, what have you in mind?
Since people tend to customize the files, I'm not sure what the most common is? 4x6?
Or are you thinking a full size 5x6? Either way looking forward to follow  :)

nevin:
i've seen a number of threads asking about an aluminum version of the manuform. thrilled to see someone working on one.
- i'd probably take a poll to gauge what the consensus is for the most popular layout, number of keys, tenting, switch cutout support etc. i'm sure if you're doing mass production there will be a limited number of options, which is fine and to be expected.

Crazy Designers:

--- Quote from: econeuler on Tue, 20 April 2021, 12:16:02 ---Super cool! Regarding the layout, what have you in mind?
Since people tend to customize the files, I'm not sure what the most common is? 4x6?

--- End quote ---

4x6 i bet. heres the layout:

it may have 2 or 3 layers. not decided yet

econeuler:

--- Quote from: Crazy Designers on Wed, 21 April 2021, 04:47:23 ---
--- Quote from: econeuler on Tue, 20 April 2021, 12:16:02 ---Super cool! Regarding the layout, what have you in mind?

--- End quote ---

4x6 i bet. heres the layout:

Show Image

it may have 2 or 3 layers. not decided yet

--- End quote ---

Very nice! Are you planning to have is compatible with QMK?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version