geekhack Marketplace > Artisan Services

[IC?]Pre-modified Switches

(1/6) > >>

sethk_:
First off, I put this here since it isn't a groupbuy.
Anyways, I was wondering if there is any interest as a service for me to modify switches and then sell them on a webstore, or just ship the stuff to me and I can swap springs and ship them back out. Obviously this is just an interest check, and I would have to think of pricing later, but I am just curious since I have a lot of free time and would like to spend it doing something I enjoy.

GL1TCH3D:
GoN bascally does this through his website unless you're competing in prices but then the other issue is quality. You'd have to make sure all your switch mods are perfectly replicatable so that they all feel the same otherwise people won't be happy xD

sethk_:

--- Quote from: GL1TCH3D on Sat, 03 January 2015, 16:29:20 ---GoN bascally does this through his website unless you're competing in prices but then the other issue is quality. You'd have to make sure all your switch mods are perfectly replicatable so that they all feel the same otherwise people won't be happy xD

--- End quote ---
Well it would really just be swapping springs, and of all the switches I have done it to they all feel the same, but no competition, just pre-modded switches that would be sold like the way mk.com does, and I would try each one, I would hate to be on the receiving end of switches that had different feelings.

jdcarpe:
Are you considering lubing and stickering, in addition to spring swaps? Those are the most requested mods, but they are definitely labor/time intensive. Don't undervalue yourself when it comes to your time and effort.

If you decide to offer lubing services, you definitely want to use Krytox ONLY for the switch internals. I use a mixture of about 50/50 103 oil and 205 grease. For springs, use can use a cheaper oil, such as Victorinox multi tool oil.

MGH:
Spring swap alone isn't worth it, most people like to lube switches too, the spring swap part is a short amount of time once the switch is already opened to do the lube job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version