Author Topic: [IC] Pearl 40% - Premium, HHKB, weighted, rgb, usbc, cherry/alps  (Read 68065 times)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
Re: [IC] Pearl 40% - Premium, HHKB, weighted, rgb, usbc, cherry/alps
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 06 September 2017, 18:42:40 »
this is frickin cute. almost makes me wish i could enjoy 40% layouts!
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline saucybulgogi

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 09:32:30 »
Thanks for all the support everyone. I'm getting R2 prototypes made to address several issues. Purple and Dark gray case colors, and 2 very expensive polished brass plates.

The following things were addressed in R2 case protos
  • Slightly rounder corners
  • Slightly rounder brass weight
  • Tighter bezels around keycaps
  • Alps/Cherry stab compatible plates
  • Notch for usb so PCB can slide in from under the case without having to tilt it
  • Enclosure under right corner where led indicators sit so light doesn't leak through to the RGB diffuser

The following things are still being explored but are not promised
  • Different indicator light placement
  • QMK support in separate pcb model
  • Other layout possibilities
  • Other case finishes besides anodization

Will any of the prototypes, either r1 or r2, be available for purchase ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 10:56:18 »
this is frickin cute. almost makes me wish i could enjoy 40% layouts!

I feel the same. I'm going to get it even though I have never considered a 40% board.

I have 2 fullsize, 5 TKLs, one 65%, and 5 60% boards.  Never thought something could sway me to buy a 40% until the Pearl came along :)

Offline Draic

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 16:23:25 »
When I look at the unusual stagger I can't stop thinking that it is looking super weird. I understand the problem and why you want to change the stagger for better compatibilty, but I wondered about a different solution: Why not keep the mod keys like proposed but use small gaps between the mods and alphas where needed to also have the usual staggering on the alphas? I personally would think this would look better, atleast in my mind it does.
I can understand if you dislike this idea, but I wondered if you had thought about this and what your thoughts are on using gaps.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 16:27:53 »
When I look at the unusual stagger I can't stop thinking that it is looking super weird. I understand the problem and why you want to change the stagger for better compatibilty, but I wondered about a different solution: Why not keep the mod keys like proposed but use small gaps between the mods and alphas where needed to also have the usual staggering on the alphas? I personally would think this would look better, atleast in my mind it does.
I can understand if you dislike this idea, but I wondered if you had thought about this and what your thoughts are on using gaps.

Isn't it the same stagger as the filco minila?  I've still yet to try one out, but I've asked at least a dozen people and they all say it's such a small change you really don't notice.

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 18:18:29 »
Hi everyone! Been busy prepping for the hurricane. I live in Orlando, FL and my whole family in Miami, been running around a lot. Let me answer some questions though, and as always, ty for all the support!

What keycaps are you using on this picture?
looks like Alps profile, which is very close to OEM.. but I have no idea what the actual caps are.
KBParadise V60 Alps keycaps!

How much lower/thinner can it be? Looking fantastic!
Ty very much :] A tiny bit more, making it real tight.

please make sure that the PCB works with USB-C to USB-C cables and not only USB-C to USB-A. Thanks

I will look into it as soon as my UBS-C to USB-C cable arrives. Amazon shipment delayed from the hurricane.
Will any of the prototypes, either r1 or r2, be available for purchase ?
Not yet my friend. Im using them to hone in any changes that i need, and that might mean handling them around a lot, which in turn could mean scratches and things. Id hate to sell something used like that.

Its really hard for me decide on this guys. The very slight stagger allows you to use any ANSI keyset without the need for a specific 40% modifier kit. Its a huge improvement to all the existing 40s, so that you can use any old keyset on it. The goal is to make these 40s more user friendly. People think 40% and immediately get confused by the layouts and sizing of keys and such. I wanted to avoid this. Truth be told, i don't think you can notice the unusual stagger just by looking at my pictures, its 4mm difference. I think you are more used to not seeing a normal looking layout on a 40% is what it is. But all things considered, i am waiting on my R2 PCBS before i start modifying them again. I don't dislike any idea presented to me, its just there are a lot of small things to consider. More layouts would mean more plate options and the PCB would have a ton of tiny offset holes and things might not fit properly. Definitely looking into it i promise.

Great looking updates.  Alternate layout possibilities is obviously something I would like.  Just that small tweak to R3 to move it to the left 0.25 would be great.   I suspect the PCBs could be updated to accommodate both layouts, and you could offer two choices of plate layouts.
Definitely looking into it for you bud! I understand your needs and concerns and will try my best to see what can be done :)

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 23:03:07 »
Well first up, please be safe down there! I heard it's going to get crazy and I'd rather have you and your family safe then have any updates lol

I'm totally digging all that you're doing and would love to help (if I had any actual skill in creating/modifying keyboard components, so I'll just be your cheerleader on the sidelines)

The goal is to make these 40s more user friendly. People think 40% and immediately get confused by the layouts and sizing of keys and such. I wanted to avoid this.
Honestly, I would love for you to keep this concept. Yeah 40% boards are a "niche" crowd but dare to be different and help out the less knowledgeable on keycap layouts! I fully support you on this :)

Offline Draic

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 02:59:47 »
Truth be told, i don't think you can notice the unusual stagger just by looking at my pictures, its 4mm difference. I think you are more used to not seeing a normal looking layout on a 40% is what it is.

Just by looking at the alphas they just look "wrong" to me. The picture with the chocolatey keys shows this very clearly. 4mm is a lot and is easy to notice. It has nothing to do with being used to different mods on 40%s. The alignments on the alphas is just too different. As I said, I understand the reason here and I agree: Having compatibility with normal keysets makes this approach interesting, but personally the staggering might still kill it for me. That is why I was thinking of different approaches and having a small gap on first and third row to "fix" the stagger but keep the same mod compatibility. Personally I think a gap looks better than the unusual staggering. Maybe some other people can share their thoughts on this matter, if they do not care about this at all, or have even better ideas

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 08:21:59 »
Gaps are much more visually unappealing than any misalignment imo.   I don't find the stagger weird looking at all, for me it's just a matter of maintaining profiles and legends.
keyboards.

Offline The_Boom_Boy

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 08:45:08 »
Those indicator led are pretty noice!

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 09:08:19 »
Gaps are much more visually unappealing than any misalignment imo.   I don't find the stagger weird looking at all, for me it's just a matter of maintaining profiles and legends.

Pretty much my thoughts.  I'd rather have correct profiles at the cost of a bit of misalignment.

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 00:54:25 »
This little 40% is really cool! With a purple case offering and alps compatibility, looks like I am getting myself a new 40%. Looking good, very excited for this!
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 20:41:04 »
I think I like the more squared off case (v1)
keyboards.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 22:06:27 »
I think I like the more squared off case (v1)

+1

the more squared corners look better to me, but the other V2 improvements sound nice :D
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 September 2017, 22:05:04 by Amnesia »

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 17:18:20 »
Nice, I'm glad to see the Pearl45 interest check is going well, Koob! Everyone, this is the ultimate 45%, it allows many layout options & I look forward to the gb. BTW, everyone please be in your prayers (or positive energy if you don't pray) to Koobaczech. He lives in FL, is doing fine, but he resides in an area that's currently w/o power. He's a good person, so let's do what ever we can to make sure he is in high spirits!

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 17:19:19 »
This little 40% is really cool! With a purple case offering and alps compatibility, looks like I am getting myself a new 40%. Looking good, very excited for this!
Trust me, purple cases will available!

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 23:58:40 »
Damn that purple looks nice!!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 00:41:57 »
.  keep up the good work, sir

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 01:44:29 »
Trust me, purple cases will available!

I need that purple case.. Looks beautiful.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 16:10:14 »
Thank you all for the support! Hurricane IRMA left me without power for 5 days but no one got hurt and all is well. Im back to share some updates!

1. USB-C to USB-C looks like it won't be supported for a few reasons. Power draw limits on certain devices can cause problems, PCB limitations and boot mapper client complications. USB-C to USB-A is fine however. I apologize. Will keep looking into this.

2. The layout i have seems to be what will stay. I am still trying to add more options to the bottom row but its becoming complicated with all the traces and RGB leds in the way and the size of the pcb.

3. Built my two prototypes and have been testing them for a few days, they seem to work wonderfully and i don't notice the stagger differences. Its just like my blocked JD45.

4. My R2 Diffusers came in. They include holes for CNC Cone feet, so you can build the pearl with the diffuser as the base, flat or with the feet if you'd like.

Here are some pictures!
New diffusers

Red build

Blue build

Here are typing videos!
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 September 2017, 16:19:28 by Koobaczech »

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 16:50:43 »
They look beautiful koob!!

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 18:57:29 »
New builds look nice. Understandable about the layout changes.. when you're already supporting MX and apps on the same plate there's only so much room to work with. I suspect I'll just end up buying some uniform profile caps for it
keyboards.

Offline Scarhoof

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 20:40:41 »
Looks amazing! I'm definately in when this goes live  i would love to see a Planck or Let's Split case with this quality/design too if you are ever thinking about additional projects.

Offline holtenc

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 21:55:30 »
Nice! Might have to sell my JD45. Will the holes in the diffuser for the feet be counter-sunk in the final version?

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 01:06:58 »
What material are you using for the diffusers?

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 06:43:28 »
Happy to hear things are going well. Glad the you got through the storm, too. Boards look great.

Offline Draic

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 18:26:07 »
sorry if this is a stupid question, but is bootmapper Windows only or is there a linux version that I missed somewhere?
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 September 2017, 18:28:29 by Draic »

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 16:31:02 »
New builds look nice. Understandable about the layout changes.. when you're already supporting MX and apps on the same plate there's only so much room to work with. I suspect I'll just end up buying some uniform profile caps for it
Exactly right sir. But also the PCB is tight. Hard to add a ton of things in. I feel like I've disappointed you the most ;)

Looks amazing! I'm definately in when this goes live  i would love to see a Planck or Let's Split case with this quality/design too if you are ever thinking about additional projects.
Thank you very much! I want to run more projects for sure! Will have to see what will benefit everyone the most.

Nice! Might have to sell my JD45. Will the holes in the diffuser for the feet be counter-sunk in the final version?
Will not counter sunk. The diffuser is not so thick, the screw would probably go through it! I thought about it :p

What material are you using for the diffusers?
Polycarbonate. Rough on one side, smooth on the other.

Happy to hear things are going well. Glad the you got through the storm, too. Boards look great.
Thanks a lot guy!

sorry if this is a stupid question, but is bootmapper Windows only or is there a linux version that I missed somewhere?
Hi there. Bootmapper is available for download for Windows/Mac via http://blog.winkeyless.kr/155

« Last Edit: Tue, 19 September 2017, 16:33:49 by Koobaczech »

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 16:57:24 »
no no .. no disappointment.  It's a beautiful design and I love it nonetheless. 
keyboards.

Offline Robotical

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 20:06:15 »
Got to see this case today in person! The board is absolutely awesome and so freaking hefty. The finish is fantastic on the prototypes. I can't wait for this thing. Keep up the great work Koob!

Offline gutsack

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 02:20:19 »
IC form submitted, very much looking forward to this.

Offline Draic

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 05:05:28 »
Any chance we could see a prototype picture with something other than SA profile keycaps at some point (personally would love to see an example with GMK caps). Pictures in which the split spacebar option is utilized would be nice aswell.

Offline regionfree

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 09:40:29 »
My body is ready... So is my wallet... My wife will never know.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
[IC] Pearl 40% - Premium, HHKB, weighted, rgb, usbc, cherry/alps
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 09:49:33 »
My body is ready... So is my wallet... My wife will never know.
****, you & me both. I plan on 2 Pearl45s, plus a PCB. I have acrylic case aspirations for the PCB.....⌨️⌨️⌨️⌨️

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 12:36:27 »
this looks pretty sweet

Is there room in the case to cram a bluetooth mod?

Offline Peiweisgreat

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 22:00:45 »
Super excited about the alps compatibility. I've never tried alps switches or a 40% board before, but I might as well try both with this board.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 23:14:03 »
this looks pretty sweet

alu cases usually aren't bluetooth friendly
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline kconfire

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 05 October 2017, 08:48:16 »
Oh c***!!
I really dig this.
Please, make the GB happen! :D
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 05 October 2017, 11:44:52 »
this looks pretty sweet

alu cases usually aren't bluetooth friendly

ahh good point

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 15:11:40 »
Is pricing information available for this?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 15:14:29 »

he said he's shooting for about $250-300
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 15:45:16 »
Not yet, but believe Koob is shooting for around $250ish. I know some other options will be available too, like an MKB sleeve, wristrest, etc.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 16:21:03 »
That is steep if you consider other upcoming offerings in the same range that may be more practical than a forty for real life work.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
[IC] Pearl 40% - Premium, HHKB, weighted, rgb, usbc, cherry/alps
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 17:18:07 »
That is steep if you consider other upcoming offerings in the same range that may be more practical than a forty for real life work.
Understood, I use 40s all the time. W/ the various layout options, I consider this the ultimate 45% MKB. I  know many 40s users will feel like that too. Again, I understand what you are saying though, ideus!

« Last Edit: Sat, 07 October 2017, 18:34:54 by William_S_Jones »

Offline kriminal

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 18:03:30 »
ok I guess ill have to start saving lol!
Geekhacked Filco FKBN87M/EB modified with Brown, black and blue cherries, doubleshot keycaps
Deck KBA-BL82 with Black cherries
Cherry G84-4100LCMDK-0 Cherry ML switches
Cherry G80-8200hpdus-2 Brown cherries
IBM Lexmark 51G8572 Model M Keyboard
Geekhacked Siig Minitouch KB1948
IBM Model M Mini 1397681

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #95 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 19:34:28 »

What upcoming offerings are you referring to? There is never enough money to burn in this hobby.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #96 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 19:38:53 »

What upcoming offerings are you referring to? There is never enough money to burn in this hobby.

Keep this thread on topic. Just pointing that pricing may not be that competitive. However, for forty users it may be irrelevant, they will pay whatever be the asking price. So let it be.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #97 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 19:50:55 »

Keep this thread on topic. Just pointing that pricing may not be that competitive. However, for forty users it may be irrelevant, they will pay whatever be the asking price. So let it be.

That's on topic?

It'll be helpful for OP to judge pricing, so you shouldn't just say it's steep without reason.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 19:43:44 »
Hey everyone! Breaking the silence with some news! Got my second Pearl revisions in (PURPLE AND TITANIUM), along with the brass plates. Heres the update.

PCB design is final. USB-C to USB-A only. Official QMK can be added in the future, but not for Round 1 GB. For now will send u/jetpacktuxedo a PCB to see if he can port QMK to it.

Cases were close to perfect. Anodize hooks were visible on the insides and the weights were kinda rough. QUALITY IS NOT PERFECT. New design works wonderfully though. Light doesn't bleed through indicator holes to each other, corners and weight are rounder, plates slide in better, usb notch is cut and the usb hole is just right. Figured out the correct mounting hardware as well.

The brass plates will be sandblasted in the future, not polished. They sound and feel really nice. More of a clink than a click when compared to an anodized plate. Price will be higher for the brass option. And stainless steel plates will be offered as well. There will be 8 plates offered. One universal and 7 combinations of split space, split backspace and split shift. The non split plates will offer support for costar stabilizers and PCB mounted cherry stabilizers. PLATE mounted stabilizers will not be supported as the cutout would be too small to allow PCB mounted stabs and the PCB mounted stabs are more common. For the split options (opened up), only cherry stabs will work.

WHY 8 different plates? Its because of the ALPS. ALPS switches are wider than cherry switches, while cherry switches are taller. This means that when you split and open the plate such as to support a 2u backspace, the ALPS switch won't grab if you build a 2u ALPS on a split plate. It won't grab because it needs support on its sides to grab onto the plate. This really isn't a problem, but if you are REALLY PICKY and SURE you will build a 2U backspace only, then you might want to choose the unspilt backspace plate. Heres an example picture.

I saw some price mentions and wanted to address that. A blocked JD45, which is really the Pearls little brother costs $250 on mechanicalkeyboards dot com. Problem is that you cant buy one because they are out of stock. Pearl offers RGB, a weight, USB-C, brass/stainless steel plates, more CASE, and a ton of more colors than the JD45's black/silver. That all adds up, and is why the price isn't as low as WE ALL wish it was. We including me, because my intentions aren't to profit off this GB, i just want others to enjoy the Pearl and be able to get one and love it.

Now that everything is in order, i will be running the GB in a few months, maybe 2. So mark your calendars and save your money! Shipping might be expensive too for international, and it will be added on top of the price. I'm thinking $20 for CONUS in a flat rate priority box, and for international shipping i have no idea what to do, so any suggestions will be appreciated.

A complete Pearl buy will include a sticker, case, weight, plate, RGB diffuser, PCB, usb-c cable, screws and clear rubber feet.

Any chance we could see a prototype picture with something other than SA profile keycaps at some point (personally would love to see an example with GMK caps). Pictures in which the split spacebar option is utilized would be nice aswell.
Will get GMK pics soon (hoping on Robo's help xD)

FINALLY, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT<3
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 October 2017, 19:56:59 by Koobaczech »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 20:46:15 »
Anodizing hookmarks seem to be the bane of every GB lately. If you'd like, I have a guy you can send it to for a cerakote test. You don't have to strip anodization to get something cerakoted. Most people will be happy with anything, but this is clearly something you want to be YOURS and PERFECT and not "something everyone is OK with," which, frankly, is the way I'd rather it be.

Cerakote finishes are also cheaper than anodizing, in many situations.

A few other questions:

Where does the plate mount to the case? From what I can tell it mounts to the top part, which is the better way to do it, but I'd just like confirmation.

Does installing the diffuser interfere with the USB placement? On some recent boards (Revo RJ, to name one) with optional diffusers, the USB port makes contact with the case and shorts out if the diffuser is installed.

This will only be offered with the aluminum bottom, right? It already seems a little thin, so offering it with a flat/cone feet acrylic bottom seems like it would take a lot of the "solid" feel away. This was an issue on some older LZs, the Duck Orion, and an early iteration of the KMAC 1. I saw pictures of it further up the thread, but I didn't really read anything about them.

8 plates seems like a sorting NIGHTMARE. You might want to consider removing some options that are more rarely used. This will be your first GB, and sorting is where a lot of new runners fall short. In the same vein, it might be better to make people source their own cables, or to have someone like donutcat run a cable GB alongside this to make less work for yourself.

Plate mount stabs are **** anyway, no compatibility for those is fine. Anyone worth their salt is already using PCB mount stabs for everything anyway.

Custom packaging might be worth looking into, and shouldn't add too much to the cost. I know 27 has been looking into it for mech27 v2, you might want to throw him a PM or discord message. It should speed up the sorting and QC processes.

Also, typing angle?

Feel free to PM me a reply to this if you don't want to discuss details publicly. I know some people are very secretive with some of this info.