Author Topic: Custom nav layouts and curved profiles  (Read 2082 times)

Offline ClaireAbitbol

Custom nav layouts and curved profiles
« on: Tue, 26 December 2023, 19:27:33 »
I recently got a Keychron V10 and absolutely love the layout except for the nav keys, which isn't really that big of a deal since I can just remap them in VIA but then the legends on the stock caps don't match, I have a couple other sets so I put those on and now the keys are all at a weird angle, so far the only solution I've found is using a flat profile, I'm currently using XDA profile keycaps but find curved profiles more comfortable to type on
So my thought was to get some Cherry or MDA keycaps for the alphas and mods and XDA or similar for the nav keys but wouldn't it look weird? What about color matching?
My other idea is to get a set of blank keycaps but I still really prefer to have legends that match what the key does and there's still the issue of color matching.
Honestly not sure if anyone has ideas on how to solve this issue but I know I'm probably not the first person to run into it.

Offline Trackpoint

Re: Custom nav layouts and curved profiles
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 29 December 2023, 12:50:32 »
If you make your own custom layout but also want key legends to match, you are pretty much stuck with uniform profile caps since sculpted profiles have different shapes depending on what row they are normally meant to go on. And this is putting aside colors: sometimes colors from two sets can go well together, but mixing and matching is tough. The only other option I can think of is a symbolic set like GMK CYL Dots. Might be too close to blanks for you though.