Author Topic: OCZ Illuminatti  (Read 1465 times)

Offline itlnstln

OCZ Illuminatti
« on: Mon, 23 February 2009, 12:56:14 »
Illuminatti - I see what you did there.  Another 1337, scissor-switch keyboard.  What brought my attention to this, though, was the ridiculous wrist rest on this thing.  While I really like integrated wrist rests (mainly for aesthetic reasons), I have never seen anything that looks this poorly engineered.  I mean, it's like six feet taller than the keys.  Not only that, but its a hump.  That couldn't be very comfortable, let alone be very good for RSI.  Oh, and by the way, Carolina blue, especially on electronics, is sooooooo 1993.  Check the link below:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/20/ocz-expands-alchemy-line-with-illuminati-backlit-keyboard/

Offline Eclairz

OCZ Illuminatti
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 23 February 2009, 16:05:50 »
But its better for your hands to be above the keys anyway I would think. It just looks weird however. Also scissor switch keys have less travel so even if its so high you do not have to press down so much.

I do believe that a really flat scissor switch keys do not even need a wrist rest however due to how much pressure needed to press down on them and the reason that they are so low to begin with. Or at least thats what I feel when I type with my macally Ice key
Lenovo ThinkPad TrackPoint Keyboard
RealForce 45g UK 88UB
FILCO Majestouch TenKeyPad