Author Topic: Filco TenKeyPad - Key assigment  (Read 2158 times)

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
Filco TenKeyPad - Key assigment
« on: Sat, 28 February 2009, 15:05:29 »
I have a Is there a way to assign commands etc. to the keys of a Filco TenKeyPad independent from the numpad on my Majestouch? Why I ask... I want to assign custom commands (Volume +/-, Zoom +/- etc.) to its keys. Its possible with the Cherry G84-4700 pad I use atm (via Cherry's Software), but I wanna get a TenKeyPad to match the Majestouch I have!

Thanks in advance,
Soulhunter

Offline Chloe

• Switch Kitten
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 01 March 2009, 07:56:19 »
I don't think you can do this without software that can differentiate the keyboards. (I don't know about writing a custom driver). You could try this HID dll with AutoHotkey, or replace the controller in the Filco so the keys send different scancodes. The controller in G84-4700 might work, it's also on a separate PCB.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 01 March 2009, 16:16:13 »
Thanks for you hints! :] Unfortunately I'm not very good with the solder iron, so replacing controller is not a option for me (don't wanna risk ruining both keypads). Already figured there must be a way to do it via software (some sort of "man in the middle attack" via drivers -> distinguishing the two devices by port/ID or something, intercepting the input of one device, overwriting the input of one device, hand it over to windows... or directly via dedicated software that grabs the input, doesn't give it to windows, processes the input on its own). I`ll have a look into this thread you linked and do some research on my own. As soon Ill find a solution, I post back to share the info...

Offline Eclairz

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 02 March 2009, 17:48:01 »
Alternatively get a G80-3700, although its hard to find on ebay but once they come up they are often fairly cheap.
Lenovo ThinkPad TrackPoint Keyboard
RealForce 45g UK 88UB
FILCO Majestouch TenKeyPad