Author Topic: Recommend me sinister, dark, gothic, death, horror artisan keycaps  (Read 4768 times)

Offline Entropia

I'd like to add one artisan keycap to the top row of my Leopold FC980M.  My keyboard is all black, case and keycaps. I want this artisan keycap to be also black, preferably matt. I'd like something like a death face, a skull or something like that. Any advice?

For instance, this one is more or less what I want. Do you know its name?

Thanx.

Offline Vigrith

Re: Recommend me sinister, dark, gothic, death, horror artisan keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 08:23:23 »
That is a reaper by brocaps, don't know the name of the colourway but you should be able to find out in the catalogue thread (just search for it, it's easy to find).

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 08:25:21 »
I'd like to add one artisan keycap to the top row of my Leopold FC980M.  My keyboard is all black, case and keycaps. I want this artisan keycap to be also black, preferably matt. I'd like something like a death face, a skull or something like that. Any advice?

For instance, this one is more or less what I want. Do you know its name?

Thanx.

Show Image

The one in particular there is a Reaper v1 by BroCaps in the 2Spooky colorway, which was custom made for HipsterPunks.

Your best bet to acquire a Reaper v1 is by either keeping an eye out in the Classifieds section or reddit.com/mechmarket, or by entering one of his sales (next sale is TBA)

Offline dante

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 09:24:11 »
I am NOT an Artisan guy - I'm just not into them.

That being said, this is by far my favorite design - "If I could only have one" this would be it.  I believe it fits the theme you are going with.

It's ClackFactory's BlueTrabe:

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 15:49:26 »
Any early KBK, not that they'll be easy to find.

People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Coreda

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 15:57:14 »
Off the top of my head. Suited Up Caps - Legion:

And not black but thematically related (wrapped gold KWK):

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 18:56:09 »
And not black but thematically related (wrapped gold KWK):

Show Image

Wrapped has only been released in BS, there should be a Bet on Black one though

The keycaps I own that fit this style
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 22:08:19 »
Sinister, dark, gothic, and horror are all subjective terms.  What one person finds horrific someone else might find cute.

I think the Reaper V1 is cute :)

Death is fairly unambiguous, but the representation of it can affect different people in different ways.

I've only found one keycaps that I could not even look at pictures of, can't remember what it was called (which is a good thing) - it had what looked like little pipes or arteries sticking out of it at random angles.  Something like that would totally gross me out if I had one on my keyboard, but a Reaper is saying, like, "hey, look at me, you want ot click this switch, dontcha" :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 22:51:21 »
^ Hey I never said that.

:)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 21:53:06 »
^ Hey I never said that.

:)

"A Reaper" with uppercase "R", not "reaper" with lowercase "r" :p :eek: :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 23:36:00 »
Would Onyx Toothy Hannibal variant be too colorful?

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 04:54:51 »
This is a case for the Sanctuary set.