Author Topic: [IC] Ion: Xeno 75% - Group buy open now @zealpc.net !!  (Read 163973 times)

Offline Anaconda

Re: [IC] Ion: Xeno 75%
« Reply #450 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 10:13:16 »
Yea I will be dropping out w/o iso support as well. I also think center usb(not confirmed but it's in one of the new renders) and having an only internal weight not great choices, I preferred the old weight design.

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #451 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 10:23:52 »
No 2.75U right shift? That's a no from me, dawg.

Offline johngodsmith

« Reply #452 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 02:39:50 »
I’m loving the burgundy boards coming out lately, Xeno would look very sharp in burgundy too
Interested in upcoming colors as well

A dark emerald green or deep metallic blue would be pretty cool too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #453 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 02:58:56 »
I'm partial to a simple dark gray.

Those who want ISO plates could maybe get some made by themselves if the OP is willing to share his plate file? Just a thought.
There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline blacksimon

• illuminati.works
    • illuminati.works
« Reply #454 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 03:03:31 »
No smallass enter support with windowed 3u spacebar blocker? Nah sorry fam, I'm out

at the very least you should support the universally used layout of house elves

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #455 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 03:04:02 »

Those who want ISO plates could maybe get some made by themselves if the OP is willing to share his plate file? Just a thought.

So the PCB will be iso compatible but not the plate, am I getting that right?

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #456 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 03:05:33 »

Neither will support it.
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #457 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 03:08:08 »

Neither will support it.

Yeah that's what I thought... Which ... I mean... I don't know, I hate when that happens, I get people don't want to support weird layout or split spacebar and stuff, but ANSI/ISO are must haves IMHO. Oh well... Good luck with your project

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #458 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 03:30:56 »

Neither will support it.

Yeah that's what I thought... Which ... I mean... I don't know, I hate when that happens, I get people don't want to support weird layout or split spacebar and stuff, but ANSI/ISO are must haves IMHO. Oh well... Good luck with your project
I don’t understand it either. Why is ISO compatibility a bad thing? The missing support for ISO hurts the project a lot. Just look at the recent posts- so many people will pass on this because of that.

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #459 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 03:39:55 »

Neither will support it.

I don’t understand it either. Why is ISO compatibility a bad thing? The missing support for ISO hurts the project a lot. Just look at the recent posts- so many people will pass on this because of that.

It really doesn't.  In a perfect world I would do a single layout because that's what I want in a board.  I understand the frustration it's just my personal choice as well as my pcb designers.  The most valuable boards in this community are ansi only.  I took a lot of inspiration from them to try and make the best feeling and sounding board I could.

If you can source a pcb, I will make you an iso only plate.

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #460 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 04:27:55 »

Neither will support it.

It really doesn't.  In a perfect world I would do a single layout because that's what I want in a board.  I understand the frustration it's just my personal choice as well as my pcb designers.  The most valuable boards in this community are ansi only.  I took a lot of inspiration from them to try and make the best feeling and sounding board I could.

thank you for your fast reply. Maybe I was a bit rude, sorry. Is the case compatible with the kbd75 pcb?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #461 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 04:44:32 »

Neither will support it.

thank you for your fast reply. Maybe I was a bit rude, sorry. Is the case compatible with the kbd75 pcb?

That would be a no. The Xeno will have a space between the alphas and the F-row whereas the kbd75 does not.

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #462 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 05:01:39 »

Neither will support it.

That would be a no. The Xeno will have a space between the alphas and the F-row whereas the kbd75 does not.
do you know compatible one?

Offline Rykno

« Reply #463 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 09:50:33 »
What version of usb will the pcb support? Thanks

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #464 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 10:09:45 »
do you know compatible one?

You need to make one p much

What version of usb will the pcb support? Thanks

The renders show a USB C hole in the case
There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline Anaconda

« Reply #465 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 11:14:58 »

Neither will support it.

I understand not wanting to make an iso only plate since so little people use it or having a universal plate since it hurts the typing experience but having it come down to not wanting to design a pcb for it just sounds like an excuse.

Offline johngodsmith

« Reply #466 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 14:26:46 »

Neither will support it.

I understand not wanting to make an iso only plate since so little people use it or having a universal plate since it hurts the typing experience but having it come down to not wanting to design a pcb for it just sounds like an excuse.
Try not using iso that usually helps

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #467 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 15:53:57 »

Neither will support it.

Try not using iso that usually helps

wow what a strong statement..... :blank: :))

Offline 2Cas

« Reply #468 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 21:51:36 »
 asdfgasdf
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 July 2018, 09:27:58 by 2Cas »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #469 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 22:36:29 »

Neither will support it.

Having ISO support means that for ANSI users, the pipe key and enter key basically are only half supported by the plate. Just leads to a compromised experience for everyone, just to satisfy what is actually a very small minority of users.

The proper way would be to have a separate ISO plate and support it on the PCB, but Pwner obviously has felt it's not worth putting the effort in and that's his decision. This project is taking long enough as it is.

this is the same reason JTK doesn't support ISO, and also why we're seeing it moved to a separate kit in more GMK GBs

only about 3-6% of people in this community actually use it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #470 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 22:40:23 »
Hopeful for a cerakote white case

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #471 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 02:13:46 »
[...] and also why we're seeing it moved to a separate kit in more GMK GBs

Wait, hold on, what's your source on that? Because that sounds like BS to me. I didn't check all the the ICs/GBs, but what I found in under 5 minutes is that the listed keysets, either in GB, in IC or that already ran, ALL supported ISO.

• Phantom
  • Violet Tendencies
  • Necro
  • Burgundy
  • Paper (IC)
  • Oasis (IC)
  • Serika (GB done)
  • Olivia(GB done)
  • Grey on Black (IC)
  • Jamón (IC)
  • Shoko (IC)
  • Hyperfuse Origins (GB done)
  • Metaverse (IC)

Edit: spelling
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 June 2018, 02:21:37 by JSaintS »

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #472 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 02:22:52 »
[...] and also why we're seeing it moved to a separate kit in more GMK GBs

Wait, hold on, what's your source on that? Because that sounds like BS to me. I didn't check all the the ICs/GBs, but what I found in under 5 minutes is that all the listed kits, either in GB, in IC or that already ran, ALL supported ISO.

• Phantom
  • Violet Tendencies
  • Necro
  • Burgundy
  • Paper (IC)
  • Oasis (IC)
  • Serika (GB done)
  • Olivia(GB done)
  • Grey on Black (IC)
  • Jamón (IC)
  • Shoko (IC)
  • Hyperfuse Origins (GB done)
  • Metaverse (IC)
Not all of those sets had full ISO support in base, olivia didn't even have full ISO-UK support in base kit. Sets like the TA rerun in IC are forgoing ISO support to keep costs lower. Plus its not really fair to include MD or oco sets since those have a much higher chance to hit MOQ due to exposure. Plus of course your set is going to support ISO lmao.

But seriously, this thread is becoming ANSI vs ISO instead of talking about xeno. Pwner and wilba chose to not support ISO because they feel like it is more of a niche and they don't wanna compromise on plate or pcb design. Pwner has already tossed around the idea of having some fixed ISO plates. Im sure an ISO pcb to go along with it can be designed as well given enough demand.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 June 2018, 02:27:10 by Remsky »
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline phal

« Reply #473 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 12:55:09 »
Shame :/   The CU75 looked like the board for me until it fell through. I saw this and thought this could be the board for me too but no ISO :/

Waiting for the next one I guess!

Offline cirrus82

« Reply #474 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 13:04:18 »
Actually pretty excited that this will have a plate for a single layout. It's always a shame when a premium keyboard has gaps in the plate clearly visible. It's a nitpick, but on a premium design product like this, it really doesn't belong. In a perfect world, multiple plates/pcbs would be available, but I'm happy to compromise on that and have a superbly crafted product. I'm also lucky enough to be totally happy with the supported layout, so maybe I'm biased.

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #475 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 13:28:27 »
@Fellow ISO users, not supporting it is understandable. Fact is when it comes to putting up the money/numbers we simply don't cut it. I can understand sacrificing ISO for a superior typing feel, especially when in reality a lot of the people saying they won't buy due to no ISO probably wouldn't have bought it anyway =S (not trying to throw shade, just often the way these things go). If you have/had your heart set on this, you could either use ANSI as I do on a few boards (also this way you can use some none ISO keysets  :thumb:), it's not that bad even though ISO is superior imo =P. Or as others have suggested try to get together and find/design a suitable pcb and plate, maybe even an ISO only fixed plate  :eek:.

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #476 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 14:32:37 »
@Fellow ISO users, not supporting it is understandable. Fact is when it comes to putting up the money/numbers we simply don't cut it. I can understand sacrificing ISO for a superior typing feel, especially when in reality a lot of the people saying they won't buy due to no ISO probably wouldn't have bought it anyway =S (not trying to throw shade, just often the way these things go). If you have/had your heart set on this, you could either use ANSI as I do on a few boards (also this way you can use some none ISO keysets  :thumb:), it's not that bad even though ISO is superior imo =P. Or as others have suggested try to get together and find/design a suitable pcb and plate, maybe even an ISO only fixed plate  :eek:.
I can understand you but as a German, I like to have my extra characters shown on the keyboard

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #477 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 22:17:43 »
Simply telling ISO users to try using ANSI isn't very fair for a custom-made, premium product like this. It's unfortunate, but I can understand the choice.

Getting an ISO plate made in the future would be a step in the right direction, so at least you'd be able to handwire everything up. Heck even a proper ISO pcb could be made that isn't ANSI compatible for the truly dedicated.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #478 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 06:40:31 »
Simply telling ISO users to try using ANSI isn't very fair for a custom-made, premium product like this. It's unfortunate, but I can understand the choice.

Getting an ISO plate made in the future would be a step in the right direction, so at least you'd be able to handwire everything up. Heck even a proper ISO pcb could be made that isn't ANSI compatible for the truly dedicated.

yeah... this might be a dealbreaker for me, since I do like my options to go ISO if I want to

also, the typing feeling doesn't really change at all, for all those thinking it would make a difference, its still an alu plate, not SS

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #479 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 10:00:05 »
I'm going to buy 2 of them just because it doesn't support ISO.

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #480 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 10:09:12 »
How many of the people wanting ISO will actually buy the board? I know at least one of you won't.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #481 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 10:38:50 »
How many of the people wanting ISO will actually buy the board? I know at least one of you won't.
I think i will not

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #482 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 10:48:07 »

Well now that's a no... I was actually waiting for it to launch and even talked about the board with friend trying to spread the word.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #483 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 15:28:30 »
Guys, the horse is dead already. Let it go. Everyone gets it, you use iso and want iso support, but unless you plan to make a pcb, I don’t really see what you expect. The pcb designer doesn’t want to do it. You can talk about it until the end of time, but if he doesn’t wanna do it then it really doesn’t matter how much you would like it and there isn’t much for pwner to do. It’s not like he has his own pcb with iso support to fall back on. Someone who can make pcbs has to do the actual work.

Pwner has said if you can source a pcb he will make you a plate. Not sure what else you expect him to do? Do you think he’s just gonna go make a second custom 1off pcb for the 3 people who care and pay out of pocket for the design?

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #484 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 15:31:52 »
Guys, the horse is dead already. Let it go. Everyone gets it, you use iso and want iso support, but unless you plan to make a pcb, I don’t really see what you expect. The pcb designer doesn’t want to do it. You can talk about it until the end of time, but if he doesn’t wanna do it then it really doesn’t matter how much you would like it and there isn’t much for pwner to do. It’s not like he has his own pcb with iso support to fall back on. Someone who can make pcbs has to do the actual work.

Pwner has said if you can source a pcb he will make you a plate. Not sure what else you expect him to do? Do you think he’s just gonna go make a second custom 1off pcb for the 3 people who care and pay out of pocket for the design?
QFT

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #485 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 15:42:23 »

Totally agree with you. I was personally answering someone else's question with my last post. I stick around as I'm hoping to see some news for the numpad (I know Pwner said it will be run in a different sale but it's just in case he mentions it here too)

Offline Anaconda

« Reply #486 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 15:59:02 »

We can express our want for iso. It's an interest check. OFC he can do what he wants but enough demand for it might make him consider adding iso support or if the pcb design is already final at least consider it in the future projects. And yes adding iso would add to the cost but the end product would also be more versatile. These people who come here to mock people wanting iso are the ones adding nothing to the conversation.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #487 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 20:16:15 »
Death to iso!

Offline HardcoreDesk

« Reply #488 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 20:51:52 »
Other than gamers, ISO users are the most persecuted minority in the history of the world.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #489 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 21:37:16 »
Other than gamers, ISO users are the most persecuted minority in the history of the world.
Hahaha this just made my night, thank you.

Offline slk

« Reply #490 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 00:55:12 »
those renders...maybe this will be my first custom board

Offline Wongstongs

« Reply #491 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 09:48:25 »
Any word on price yet? This one is on my list

Offline johngodsmith

« Reply #492 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 10:49:56 »
Not yet, I’d like to say $300-400 but that’s a complete guess

Offline Wongstongs

« Reply #493 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 10:55:19 »
Not yet, I’d like to say $300-400 but that’s a complete guess

That's the range I'm expecting as well. Hopefully it's not too much more than $400

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #494 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 07:02:36 »
Any updates?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #495 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:19:58 »
Any updates?

I believe he's working on ISO support.

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #496 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:52:51 »

Same here would love it in dark gray, super versatile color and will be amazing with the upcoming GMK Space Cadet!

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #497 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:57:47 »
Any updates?

I believe he's working on ISO support.

Sometimes you make me laugh. Not often, but sometimes.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #498 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 15:55:43 »

Same here would love it in dark gray, super versatile color and will be amazing with the upcoming GMK Space Cadet!

he already said he would make a plate if someone designs and produces a pcb. The pcb doesn't support iso, so it doesn't really matter if he shares the files.

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #499 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 17:54:43 »