Author Topic: Need some help troubleshooting my first build  (Read 2034 times)

Offline SCWes

Need some help troubleshooting my first build
« on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 06:29:45 »
I posted this question on the reddit forum yesterday, but for some reason got downvoted a number of times, but I'm stuck.
https://imgur.com/a/tHcGSIp

Used the following layout from keyboard-layour-editor.com:

[{a:7},"","","","","","","","","",""],
["","","","","","","","","",""],
["","","","","","","","","",""]

threw it into thrKBfirmware with the following settings

Board: Teensy ++ 2.0
10 Columns (C0, E1, E0, D7, D6, D5, D4, D3, D2, D0) <-- Yes I skipped D1 because I got one of the wires too short,  8 Rows (F0-F7)
Controller: AT90USB1286
Bootloader Size: 2048
Column to Row

After populating some of the keyboard, downloading the hex file, and uploading it to the teensy it will spit out something like this when I plug the keyboard in: mk5edc then a quick pause, ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc... All of these keys are on the same column (D6 Pin). There are no shorts that I can see, the only thing that is possibly connecting these to cause a short is perhaps a trail of hot glue, but I doubt that would actually cause it.

Offline nevin

Re: Need some help troubleshooting my first build
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 11:03:26 »
1. make sure you don't have a stuck switch (it is outputting a character)
2. if still having issues, change some of the pins being used,  D6 can be problematic as it can function as multiple things (including LEDs) attached to that pin.
Keeb.io Viterbi, Apple m0110, Apple m0120, Apple m0110a, Apple 658-4081, Apple M1242, Apple AEK II, MK96, GH60/Pure, Cherry g84-4100, Adesso AKP-220B, Magicforce 68

Offline SCWes

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 12:08:02 »
1. make sure you don't have a stuck switch (it is outputting a character)
2. if still having issues, change some of the pins being used,  D6 can be problematic as it can function as multiple things (including LEDs) attached to that pin.
(Attachment Link)

Call yourself Santa, because you just gave me the best Christmas present! I switched it off of D6 and now it works. I had a feeling that there could have been some sort of pin restriction that I wasn't aware of. I was actually thinking that the entire F area may have been off-limits or something. Thanks so much dude!

Offline nevin

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 12:18:16 »
no problem. glad you got it working.

happy holidays bud.
Keeb.io Viterbi, Apple m0110, Apple m0120, Apple m0110a, Apple 658-4081, Apple M1242, Apple AEK II, MK96, GH60/Pure, Cherry g84-4100, Adesso AKP-220B, Magicforce 68