Author Topic: [GB] KAT Atlantis  (Read 125594 times)

Offline Treehouse

Re: [GB] KAT Atlantis (In Production)
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 21:22:50 »
Text and Icon Mods are for sale on a few regional sites (ie: Daily Clack)

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 09:18:30 »
Since we're now in Q1 are there any updates on the GB? Like a estimated delivery date to the vendors/buyers?
Based on the current queue we are a few sets behind. I'm guessing summer or fall.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Offline MediocreTurtle

« Reply #102 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 02:00:09 »
Since we're now in Q1 are there any updates on the GB? Like a estimated delivery date to the vendors/buyers?
Based on the current queue we are a few sets behind. I'm guessing summer or fall.

What's left before this- lich, oasis, lucky jade?

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 02:37:52 »
+ Drifter

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 12 January 2021, 08:02:33 »
+ Drifter
and then after that also still waiting for Hyperfuse, Iron and Cyberspace. I feel like Keyreative has made GMK look like amateurs when it comes to how long you can keep taking new orders without delivering on any old ones.

Offline MediocreTurtle

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 07:38:20 »
+ Drifter
and then after that also still waiting for Hyperfuse, Iron and Cyberspace. I feel like Keyreative has made GMK look like amateurs when it comes to how long you can keep taking new orders without delivering on any old ones.

You missed so many sets there. After Atlantis there is space cadet, arctic, explosion and only then the ones you named

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 11:33:23 »
I was just listing the ones I am personally waiting on :P but yeah, there are a hell of a lot of orders backed up which makes me question why they keep taking on more work and providing similar unrealistic timelines.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 11:38:18 »

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 11:47:07 »
Looks like that means further, and significant, delays.

Offline DarkForce

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 13:56:21 »
Waiting for my KAT Atlantis to ship for almost a year like.....

Pain.

Offline Rensuya

• Blue is my spirit animal
    • Link to the discord!
Re: [GB] KAT Atlantis
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 15:30:40 »
Hey guys,

Just reporting we're still on track for Q2 2021 delivery. I know keyreative delays have been annoying but not much we can do. Very excited for you to all finally have this awesome set in hand and I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Offline asciisii

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 17:26:10 »
Hey guys,

Just reporting we're still on track for Q2 2021 delivery. I know keyreative delays have been annoying but not much we can do. Very excited for you to all finally have this awesome set in hand and I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Thanks for the update. Have all the issues from the previous KAT sets been addressed (kitty, eternal)?

Offline mariachiforhire

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 22:39:29 »
any chance for extras?
 just got into this mechanical keyboard scene and digging this group buy

Offline MortalFlesh

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 17:17:31 »
Hello,
I'm new to mechanical keyboards and I was wondering, if there is or will be any possibility to order these keycaps again (specifically Alphas, ISO and Icon Mods)?

I've seen A LOT of keycaps during this week and the KAT Atlantis is far the best I've seen and I love it.

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 March 2021, 17:28:28 by MortalFlesh »

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #114 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 17:39:51 »
Welcome to the community MortalFlesh. There will likely be extras after all of the group buy orders have been delivered and any issues/replacements addressed. However, you will have to stay very tuned in to the community to know when the extras become available. You should also know that they will likely sell out very fast (usually minutes) and that extras usually cost more than the original group buy. If you miss out on the extras your only option will be to try to pick up sets on https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/ which, depending on the demand for the set, can cost 2 or 3 times the original price (and sometimes even more). Good luck and sorry that this can be a difficult hobby to get into. Hope you'll stick with it though!

Offline MortalFlesh

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 03:16:57 »
Hello Joshua and thanks for quick reply and explanation.

I already have notifiers on mykeyboards.eu, cannon keys and here on this thread. Is there any other channel I should watch for the announcement of the extras?

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 03:48:46 »
Hello Joshua and thanks for quick reply and explanation.

I already have notifiers on mykeyboards.eu, cannon keys and here on this thread. Is there any other channel I should watch for the announcement of the extras?

You could join Ren's Discord server and follow him on Instagram.  See the links in the OP.  Probably good to follow him on Reddit too.

Offline dokternik

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 28 March 2021, 02:13:14 »
Text and Icon Mods are for sale on a few regional sites (ie: Daily Clack)

This just saved me. Was hoping to pick up Icon Mods as I got Text originally and wanted icon after. Just ordered and only cost $15 to ship to Canada from Australia.

Ugh. Thank you.

Offline MediocreTurtle

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 22:23:10 »
Oasis, Drifter and Lucky Jade are already made and in some cases shipped, so Atlantis should be next

Offline abstractgoomba

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 05:09:19 »
Hi we're halfway Q2 now, any updates regarding shipping?

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 20 May 2021, 19:39:13 »
Hi we're halfway Q2 now, any updates regarding shipping?

I'm not sure if KAT Atlantis has hit production yet, but it's definitely gonna be a while till we hear anything about shipping. They gotta finish production first.

At the rate this set (and all other KAT sets have gone) i'd be hopeful to see this in Q3 (if that).

EDIT: see here for an update from Tyson, i wouldn't bet on receiving these in Q2.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/622468138973397022/841036374882910259/unknown.png
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 May 2021, 19:41:43 by hammerbrotha »

Offline eibbun

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 20 May 2021, 21:39:28 »
Hello,
I'm new to mechanical keyboards and I was wondering, if there is or will be any possibility to order these keycaps again (specifically Alphas, ISO and Icon Mods)?

i wish! i probably have to prepare to pay mm prices bc im too slow to catch extras

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 21 May 2021, 07:18:08 »
ooh I don't like the thought of Atlantis being used to test new processes, that will mean mooore delays :(

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #123 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 02:41:09 »
I doubt this will end up doubleshot, after the fact. GB was ran with prices in mind for dyesub. Imagine the amount of new moulds for all the icon modifiers, novelties and inernational legends in the language kits. It would have raised prices along the board, no?

That said I wouldn't mind it being doubleshot.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 14:35:33 »
Who said anything about it being double shot? Absolutely 0% chance. Not even remote whimsical fantasy possibility.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 09:24:01 »
Who said anything about it being double shot? Absolutely 0% chance. Not even remote whimsical fantasy possibility.

I don't know if we've gotten confirmation one way or the other from Ren or the vendors, but Keyreative has developed a process for doing doubleshot PBT keys in KAT profile.  They offered it as an alternative (at no extra cost) to already-run GBs, and it sounds like it will be available moving forward.

The big question is which GBs, if any, will take (or have taken) that option.  Atlantis could be a good candidate since it has a very dark key color paired with bright legends.

So not a whimsical fantasy.

Offline Parva Ovis

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 29 May 2021, 21:11:39 »

I don't know if we've gotten confirmation one way or the other from Ren or the vendors, but Keyreative has developed a process for doing doubleshot PBT keys in KAT profile.  They offered it as an alternative (at no extra cost) to already-run GBs, and it sounds like it will be available moving forward.

The big question is which GBs, if any, will take (or have taken) that option.  Atlantis could be a good candidate since it has a very dark key color paired with bright legends.

So not a whimsical fantasy.

In case anyone hasn't seen it yet:

at https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/202101-kat

Offline psxndc

[GB] KAT Atlantis
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 16:03:54 »
Care to revisit your assessment? See below.

« Last Edit: Thu, 10 June 2021, 16:05:31 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 17:08:36 »
That update didn’t say anything about timing, just more delays.  :-[

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 20:00:38 »
r/agedlikemilk

Offline dstaar

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 21:55:35 »
Show Image

Just got the same notice, I am speechless.

This is NOT about a new (probably better) technique being used or not. It is breaking the original contract.

If it was said dye-sub then you should stick with dye-sub. Pls say in advance and apply your new tech with new incoming GBs.

You CANNOT "independently" decide to change it. The caused further delay is just ridiculously unacceptable  :mad:

Vendor "also hope to be able to review every single kit - but have not received a commitment from Keyreative about this yet."
I would say this manufacturer better commit to this basic request.

Again, this is NOT about a new (probably better) technique. Existing GB participants are NOT a testing pool for your new tech.

This manufacturer successfully raised a flag, at least in my f**king mind!

Offline psxndc

[GB] KAT Atlantis
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 22:19:08 »
Just got the same notice, I am speechless.

This is NOT about a new (probably better) technique being used or not. It is breaking the original contract.

If it was said dye-sub then you should stick with dye-sub. Pls say in advance and apply your new tech with new incoming GBs.

You CANNOT "independently" decide to change it. The caused further delay is just ridiculously unacceptable  :mad:

Vendor "also hope to be able to review every single kit - but have not received a commitment from Keyreative about this yet."
I would say this manufacturer better commit to this basic request.

Again, this is NOT about a new (probably better) technique. Existing GB participants are NOT a testing pool for your new tech.

This manufacturer successfully raised a flag, at least in my f**king mind!
You’re not wrong. The sale was for X and we’re not getting X. That’s a breach of contract. However, for me at least, double shot is preferred, so I’ll wait and see. And I don’t know who you got it from, but CannonKeys sent this out as part of their update:

Given that this is a significant change, for the next 7 days, we will allow anyone who joined any of these group buys to cancel their GB order for free - no questions asked, no fees involved. Please email support@cannonkeys.com if you’d like to cancel now. We’ll open another free cancellation window after receiving a full sample set and posting photos, for those who aren’t satisfied with the quality of those.
Ortho. Always.

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 23:58:29 »
DailyClack gave the same refund window as part of their update.

I can't say I'm super happy with the decision made by Keyreative to just change the tech on their own, but I'm cautiously optimistic that the end product will turn out better. More consistent, anyway. Consistency has always been my #1 bugbear with dyesub sets.

Offline dstaar

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 02:26:14 »
You’re not wrong. The sale was for X and we’re not getting X. That’s a breach of contract. However, for me at least, double shot is preferred, so I’ll wait and see. And I don’t know who you got it from, but CannonKeys sent this out as part of their update:

Given that this is a significant change, for the next 7 days, we will allow anyone who joined any of these group buys to cancel their GB order for free - no questions asked, no fees involved. Please email support@cannonkeys.com if you’d like to cancel now. We’ll open another free cancellation window after receiving a full sample set and posting photos, for those who aren’t satisfied with the quality of those.

I got message from CannonKeys too, exactly same. We can see CannonKeys is trying to be responsible, which is much appreciated. (and that's why we need good vendors!)

There are already people think GB is crazy, like someone pays $200+ now and gets something beautiful 1+ years later. Some people don't understand that. 
We mech lovers are however OK with it b/c we like the design so much, and we are particularly willing to pay patience. We accept delay due to unexpected things, like covid ...
But I think there is a common picture in mind. If the change like that can be just thrown to us, then it means my idea of a GB and the manufacturer's idea of a GB are Not same. 
I just don't want to give the impression that I *would* be ok with such rude/forced change as long as the results turn to be not bad. No, sorry.
Thanks again for vendor offering cancel. I'll take the chance. I understand you guys expecting the resulting product to be same or better, good luck!

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #134 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 20:34:26 »
Keyreative has absolutely breached trust!
They accepted WAY more orders than they knew they could handle, and then with a huge backlog of keysets already delayed, chose to shutdown production and retool to deliver a different product than was ordered... without giving the vendors the option apparently. I accept a 4-6 month Covid blip, but this has gone way beyond that. I don't want this in PBT, so have cancelled my order. Given the chance, I'll cancel KAT Iron as well. It was shortly after purchasing Iron I made the decision to not make any more purchases from Keyreative based on their delays and dubious updates. As dstaar said, "This manufacturer successfully raised a flag".

I don't expect them to catch up anytime soon, and I think in turn, vendors may (should?) stop ordering from them, and when they see the writing on the wall, may just shutdown or something. I'm very curious what they've done with the funds. I'm not sure how all that works but there's ALOT of money tied up in outstanding KAT sets.

:thumb: BIG props to CannonKeys and other vendors offering refunds. I truly hope they don't have to eat this. I imagine they may just have more extras and with the current climate, should likely sell them all. I hope so.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 23:21:33 »
I, for one, am excited about the prospect of doubleshot. I think it'll be nicer than the dye subbed versions. Holding the line!

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 23:23:11 »
They accepted WAY more orders than they knew they could handle, and then with a huge backlog of keysets already delayed, chose to shutdown production and retool to deliver a different product than was ordered... without giving the vendors the option apparently. I accept a 4-6 month Covid blip, but this has gone way beyond that. I don't want this in PBT, so have cancelled my order. Given the chance, I'll cancel KAT Iron as well. It was shortly after purchasing Iron I made the decision to not make any more purchases from Keyreative based on their delays and dubious updates. As dstaar said, "This manufacturer successfully raised a flag".

I don't expect them to catch up anytime soon, and I think in turn, vendors may (should?) stop ordering from them, and when they see the writing on the wall, may just shutdown or something. I'm very curious what they've done with the funds. I'm not sure how all that works but there's ALOT of money tied up in outstanding KAT sets.

:thumb: BIG props to CannonKeys and other vendors offering refunds. I truly hope they don't have to eat this. I imagine they may just have more extras and with the current climate, should likely sell them all. I hope so.

I understand your concerns about delays, but I'm pretty sure it was going to be PBT either way...

Offline catbus

« Reply #137 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 09:14:26 »
I, for one, am excited about the prospect of doubleshot. I think it'll be nicer than the dye subbed versions. Holding the line!
I too am very excited about this possibility.

I understand why some people are upset with the added delays. But personally, I am very pleased with the amount of effort being put into ensuring the caps we get are of high quality.

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #138 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 11:58:58 »

Offline Suds

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 20:11:16 »
I don't want this in PBT, so have cancelled my order.

The first post doesn't specify, but was there ever a claim that this was going to be anything other than PBT? KAT is PBT-only, as far as I know, and this set just screams reverse dye-sub.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 20:31:11 »
I don't want this in PBT, so have cancelled my order.

The first post doesn't specify, but was there ever a claim that this was going to be anything other than PBT? KAT is PBT-only, as far as I know, and this set just screams reverse dye-sub.

Yeah, I'm not sure what they were expecting originally, but if PBT is a deal breaker ... I'm glad they got their refund now.

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #141 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 10:03:56 »
oof!

Big mea culpa here:confused:
I did not realize these were PBT to start. Had to go back to IC to confirm. [must do research before flipping out online]
Still, with the delays, I'm glad I cancelled. I'm very dubious about Keyreative business practices at this point.

Offline leossin2013

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 01:11:31 »
Hi there,

Any chance this set will have r2?

Offline psxndc

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 01:15:32 »
Hi there,

Any chance this set will have r2?
Given how popular this was, it is very likely there will be extras when r1 arrives.
Ortho. Always.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 02:53:10 »

Sorry, too busy eating my words at the moment...  :eek:

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 02:58:36 »

I've gotten no email from them about this. Please tell me they don't only post updates to a discord server or similar...

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 09:19:46 »

I've gotten no email from them about this. Please tell me they don't only post updates to a discord server or similar...

Yes, they post updates on their Discord. I've pushed them to do email updates, but no...

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 14:22:43 »
Unfortunate that KAT can't get their stuff together. Hopefully the double shot process works well

Offline Kleekey

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 20 June 2021, 13:24:02 »
How do I get my hands on a mat?

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #149 on: Sun, 20 June 2021, 13:49:30 »
How do I get my hands on a mat?

try mechmarket. I am sure there are people who have the deskmat and just canceled their sets.