geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

Paracord or other long keyboard cables

<< < (3/3)

F eq ma:

--- Quote from: fohat.digs on Sun, 12 September 2021, 09:30:38 ---Have wireless mice really grown up in recent years?

--- End quote ---

I use the full size logitech M510 for years without any issues.   I never think about it.  It just works.   The tiny receiver fits inside by the battery when traveling.   Replaced my last one just because the rubber started to peel.  About $25.

Leslieann:

--- Quote from: fohat.digs on Sun, 12 September 2021, 09:30:38 ---It has been a couple of years since I used a wireless mouse but I was never satisfied with any of the ones I tried. Going to sleep, needing attention after idle time, etc, were problematic.
Have wireless mice really grown up in recent years?

--- End quote ---

I've used bunches and all of them were absolute garbage except Logitech who's had it pretty well dialed for years.
I keep trying others, cheap, expensive, doesn't matter they all never match up to even the cheap $15 models from Logitech and the only reason for it I can come up with is that none of them do any real testing, they buy the chip and assume it works. Also, do NOT use bluetooth unless it's for casual office type use, even from Logitech, and if you do make sure it's bluetooth low power or it will be even worse.

Get a decent Logitech, use the included receiver, place it close to the mouse (I have mine mounted under my desk just a foot ahead of it) and it will work great. Don't plug it into the back of an EMI blocking case 4 feet away and then wonder why reception stinks ("it said up to 40 feet!)", can't tell you how many customers I see do that, then they wonder why the mouse is always laggy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version