Quake Remaster

(1/6) > >>

phinix:
Woop woop!

TP, Geekhack online deathmatch?! :D

_rubik:
Wulp. There goes my weekend

noisyturtle:
I mean, great, but this looks and plays EXACTLY the ****ing same as OG Quake using a mod pack. Like, I use Dark Places and Quakegasm, and cannot see any performance or graphical differences at all. This is probably WORSE since mod packs are continuously worked on for like 20 years. I don't understand the point of this existing since modders have already created I can only assume far superior mod packs for running OG Quake.

All this is is a way to get stupid people to rebuy it.

HungerMechanic:
I was going to say. I haven't watched this trailer yet.

But Darkplaces + HRP + maybe DPMod gives you quite a graphical experience, especially with RTLights.

There's also some standalone implementations of Darkplaces and some custom texture packs + modern water that are really nice, and scalable to your setup.

But a factory standard remaster could be good for multiplayer. Quake is very multiplayer / multiplatform friendly, but having it all standard could ease setup. And if it has 4-player local co-op like it looked like in the trailer when I skimmed over it, that would be really cool.

But yeah, a factory-standard remaster removes a lot of the customization that makes graphical modpacks fun for Quake. And you don't get to use the really inspired retro ports like Qbism Super 8.

noisyturtle:
Yeah that's true. This will be great for multiplayer since you don't need to setup a private server to do so.

I did a direct comparison with Quakegasm and Darkplaces to the new trailer just now and graphically there is no improvement. Even framerate seems the same. I can't imagine that this will be better than something that has had direct community input for 2 decades though unless they are using source code from an existing mod pack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version