Author Topic: Spacebar always rattles on left side  (Read 2068 times)

Offline Bahyus

Spacebar always rattles on left side
« on: Sat, 07 October 2023, 11:56:03 »
So I have a problem with my 6.25u stabiliser. No matter how many times I carefully try to relube equally, the left side always seems to tick/rattle. I checked my wire and spacebar cap for warps but I really don't notice any warping on both. I also tried flipping the wire, switching the housings and stems, flipping the keycap but nothing seems to fix it and it's honestly driving me crazy. They are out of the box stabs that come with a tofu65. Any ideas?

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Re: Spacebar always rattles on left side
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 07 October 2023, 22:27:11 »
If it isn't spacebar warp as you said it could be the hole for the spacebar is too big for the stabliser stem, which may make stem wobble. I know of people who fill in the hole with cling wrap into the cavity of the stem which minimizes the ticking, maybe try that and see if it helps.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
Re: Spacebar always rattles on left side
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 08 October 2023, 01:39:32 »
If it isn't spacebar warp as you said it could be the hole for the spacebar is too big for the stabliser stem, which may make stem wobble. I know of people who fill in the hole with cling wrap into the cavity of the stem which minimizes the ticking, maybe try that and see if it helps.

^This 100% IME if it isn't warping of the spacebar or or a bent wire causing ticking almost always it's the cap not holding on the stabilizers cruciform mount tightly on one side or both. As Rhienfo said just putting a piece of cling wrap or plastic baggie over the stabilizers cruciform mount will make the spacebar grab onto them much tighter. However make sure the cap is fitting the mount loosely before doing this. Because if the mount is fitting the cap snuggly already & you add the cling wrap or piece of plastic baggie it could possibly crack the stem on the cap.