geekhack Community > New Members

RTS Gamer, New to Mechanical Keyboards

(1/3) > >>

eightywon:
Hey all! I'm an avid gamer and I recently bought my first mechanical keyboard - a Rosewill RK-9000BR. It commutes with me to work daily because I can only afford the one (for now), and I can't stand the thought of using a normal keyboard again.

I'm also already itching for colored key caps and am trying to resist the temptation to buy another board with MX Blues switches.

I lurked here during the selection process and saw mostly positive feedback on the Rosewill keyboards, other than the general consensus that the mini-USB connector was a point of weakness.... so thanks for the advice! I'm very happy with my selection so far, and I think it's a great value for the price.

I'm a retired WoW player. Did a little raiding in vanilla (sorry, I hate that descriptor, too), a LOT of raiding in BC (lead a guild to a server first Brutallus kill, pre-sunwell radiance buff/nerf), and a little raiding on and off since then, mostly in WotLK and Cata (and none in panda-pack).

I'm an active SC2 platinum terran and watch a good amount of starcraft in my downtime.

If you're reading this and happen to have spares from the group order of the Starcraft race key caps (any, really, but particularly a Terran escape key) that you'd be willing to part with, I'd love to hear from you!

gl hf :)

swagpiratex:
Welcome! Good choice on a keyboard, Rosewill is a no-frills board that you'll enjoy using day to day.

When you save up a little bit more money, try buying a set of PBT's, they'll really change the typing experience. imsto's thick PBT's are generally considered the best right now, you just have to wait a little if he doesn't have your color in stock. I believe sherryton stocks some too at the moment. They're pricey though, lol.

aggiejy:
Welcome to the forum!  Sounds like you picked a good keyboard to get started. :) 

There are plenty of keycaps for sale from various vendors, group buys, and other members.  I'm sure you won't have trouble spending your money if that's something you want to get into. Warning, it can be addicting!

Also, once you post a bit more, you'll be able to post in the Classified forum which would allow you to do a "WTB" post about those starcraft doubleshots.  This is what you're talking about?

histevenhere:

--- Quote from: aggiejy on Wed, 06 March 2013, 17:40:43 ---Welcome to the forum!  Sounds like you picked a good keyboard to get started. :) 

There are plenty of keycaps for sale from various vendors, group buys, and other members.  I'm sure you won't have trouble spending your money if that's something you want to get into. Warning, it can be addicting!

Also, once you post a bit more, you'll be able to post in the Classified forum which would allow you to do a "WTB" post about those starcraft doubleshots.  This is what you're talking about?

(Attachment Link)

--- End quote ---
I'm curious, a question; What are those red caps ? o_o

aggiejy:

--- Quote from: histevenhere on Wed, 06 March 2013, 21:19:14 ---I'm curious, a question; What are those red caps ? o_o

--- End quote ---

Those are probably my favorite caps I own, and I own a lot! (I'm a big craps player)  If you like, you better get them while they're in stock: http://www.techkeys.us/custom-keys.php

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version