Author Topic: KeyCon 2018 Screen-Printed Poster Group Buy/Interest Thread  (Read 42824 times)

Offline d_stilgar

KeyCon 2018 Screen-Printed Poster Group Buy/Interest Thread
« on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 14:00:12 »
Last year I designed a 12.5x19" poster for KeyCon and had them printed. The price last year was $20 and I was able to break even after selling a few at the event itself.

I'd like to gauge interest in another poster for this year. Time is slipping by so I've already started on some conceptual designs.

You can see last year's thread here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=89601.0
And a quick photo I took of the poster once printed: https://imgur.com/gallery/suM6C

Let me know if you're interested by commenting and please fill out the Google Form: https://goo.gl/forms/ltOb19JcD5gzT9z23

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: KeyCon 2018 Screen-Printed Poster Group Buy/Interest Thread
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 15:13:10 »
if it's anything like the last one, for sure

form filled
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 18:41:04 »
I'm in.  :thumb:

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:12:43 »
Will definitely buy one at the con!

Offline roosta

• o o f.
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 07:53:04 »
I'd love to get one at Keycon but I'm still not sure if I can get there. I'm interested in acquiring one nonetheless, so count me in!
Pok3r w/ 62g Zealios, DZ60 w/ 65g Zealios, XMIT Hall Effect, Minivan w/ Gateron Yellows, Quickfire Rapid-i w/ MX Browns, Let's Split w/ MX Clears, etc...

Offline bearz42

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 19:02:06 »
I'm down for one.

Also, do you have any of last year's posters left over?

Offline jacobsmirror

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 13:56:58 »
In, and sent a question as well.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 14:26:56 »
As a former regular of gigposters.com... I couldn't pass up something like this!

Offline Maxpintx

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 01:56:26 »
We would like to co-invent. And share your opinion about the debate that has been debated now.

Offline d_stilgar

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 23:27:46 »
I'm down for one.

Also, do you have any of last year's posters left over?

I do. I will be bringing them and selling them at the event.

In, and sent a question as well.

Yes. Once I nail down the design I can work on customizing graphics for name badges, etc. like we did last year.

We would like to co-invent. And share your opinion about the debate that has been debated now.

I'm down for this. I've been crazy busy and April is almost over!!! I had one concept I liked but the execution has been annoying me so far. I might try something else this weekend. Hit me up with a PM. I'd love to collaborate on something.

Offline d_stilgar

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 23:29:37 »
Quick double post. I haven't been lazy, just busy with a keyboard I'd like to complete by the time Keycon rolls around. I should post the build log here, but for now . . . https://imgur.com/a/W2jvv

Offline roosta

• o o f.
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 08:03:51 »
Quick double post. I haven't been lazy, just busy with a keyboard I'd like to complete by the time Keycon rolls around. I should post the build log here, but for now . . . https://imgur.com/a/W2jvv

I really like the idea of hardline parallel wiring. I wanted to do similar but the copper I had wasn't exactly pretty and the risk of shorts was high. If I read the log right, you're going to cast the thing in resin? I'm pumped to see that thing in action at KeyCon.  :cool:
Pok3r w/ 62g Zealios, DZ60 w/ 65g Zealios, XMIT Hall Effect, Minivan w/ Gateron Yellows, Quickfire Rapid-i w/ MX Browns, Let's Split w/ MX Clears, etc...

Offline captaineleven

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 10:46:12 »
Oh yeah I'd love to get my hands on one of these!
So fancy!

Offline d_stilgar

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 20:54:44 »
Please check out the concept below and give me your feedback. This is a rough concept. Unless I get some really strong negative reactions, I'll move forward and separate layers and reduce down to the final colors (four or fewer).

http://modsandends.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/KeyCon-Poster-Concept.jpg
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 May 2018, 21:01:17 by d_stilgar »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 02:14:03 »
Please check out the concept below and give me your feedback. This is a rough concept. Unless I get some really strong negative reactions, I'll move forward and separate layers and reduce down to the final colors (four or fewer).

Show Image

i like it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline captaineleven

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 18:08:36 »

Show Image

lol i like it a lot so i think that will look good.
So fancy!

Offline d_stilgar

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 22:59:30 »
After some feedback asking for a more Pittsburgh-centric poster, I came up with this concept. At this point, it's actually pretty much ready for printing. For those who love the cheeto, maybe we'll save it for next year. All the same, let me know which you like better. Also, this is a four color print and last year's was three, so I'm thinking the price will be $25 based on the number of people who have signed up so far and the cost of making prints (fixed price per screen + cost per pull). Let me know if you've signed up and that extra $5 is going to break you.

http://modsandends.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/KeyCon-Poster-20180514.jpg
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 May 2018, 23:01:38 by d_stilgar »

Offline d_stilgar

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 23:35:45 »
Alright! I've sent the required payments to the printer and have sent a request for payment to everyone who signed up. I've closed the form, so if anyone is still interested and you have not signed up yet, please send me a PM.

There will be extra posters at the event, but with some 150+ attendees, if you are interested in a poster your best bet is to commit now. Also, I will not order an extra run of prints unless this first batch sells out.

Final price is $25.

Thanks everyone!

Offline mittyzz

• Pet kitties play with _______...
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 22:14:55 »
Definitely interested now that I'm going.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 14:56:17 »
you can count me in for one!  :thumb:
-Dana

Offline d_stilgar

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 18:03:53 »
Posters are in! Quantities are limited, so if you are interested you need to let me know now and preferably also pay now. See you all in 2.5 weeks!

http://modsandends.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/IMG_6253-2-e1528844535973.jpg

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 18:23:06 »
Posters are in! Quantities are limited, so if you are interested you need to let me know now and preferably also pay now. See you all in 2.5 weeks!

Show Image

http://modsandends.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/IMG_6253-2-e1528844535973.jpg

That is the perfect poster for a Pittsburgh based Keycon! I really like the design, great work man! ;) I just found this thread today (not sure how I missed it earlier) & would definitely be interested in one. Is there any spots for one left & if there is would I be able to pay you this upcoming fri for it? PM me for my PP info if that is a possibility, I'm cool with paying now & picking it up at Keycon. BTW I'm a Pgh local so it would mean a lot to me if I could get one!
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 June 2018, 18:24:46 by Rob27shred »

Offline d_stilgar

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 10:44:44 »
Thanks to everyone who participated. It was a great turnout.

I just want to let people know that posters are still available. I have ~20 left. These will be sold for $25 + shipping, which has been ~$10-15. To make things easy, I'll just make it a flat $12.50, which should just about cover shipping.

If you'd like a poster mailed to you, send me a PM and we can make arrangements.

Thanks again to everyone for making this happen!