Author Topic: an introduction  (Read 203846 times)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Re: an introduction
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 03:47:36 »
Jesus christ man, they look amazing. Can't wait to test out a set.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 05:04:16 »
Doubleshot with custom legends - an industry first?

Way to shake up the industry, guys :D

Beyond awesome, I hope if goes really well for you :)

I use to REALLY HATE 60% keyboards because they don't offer any ability to fully customize them with custom legends so some keys are simply covered with excess GMK's or SP key-sets.

Now it looks like it's going to be 60% hording on my side of the planet.  Looking forward to seeing a full set showing these custom legends showing original operability of the Poker or V60 setup (at least that's my understanding of Bunny's new key-set line for small keyboard lay outs).

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 05:09:30 »

I use to REALLY HATE 60% keyboards because they don't offer any ability to fully customize them with custom legends so some keys are simply covered with excess GMK's or SP key-sets.

Now it looks like it's going to be 60% hording on my side of the planet.  Looking forward to seeing a full set showing these custom legends showing original operability of the Poker or V60 setup (at least that's my understanding of Bunny's new key-set line for small keyboard lay outs).

And custom colours, I bet!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 06:40:48 »

sets arent 60% sir, thats just the boards i run, full set includes winkey and winkeyless support, numpad and extras for compatibility with most boards, the initial runs wont have 1800 support but that will follow shortly when some of the initial investment is made back to invest in more tooling
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 07:11:04 »

sets arent 60% sir, thats just the boards i run, full set includes winkey and winkeyless support, numpad and extras for compatibility with most boards, the initial runs wont have 1800 support but that will follow shortly when some of the initial investment is made back to invest in more tooling
I'm excited for custom winkeys and such, the Cherry logo one you posted looked amazing!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 07:54:59 »
I'm excited for custom winkeys and such, the Cherry logo one you posted looked amazing!

I would love to see a group buy for just custom colored cherry keys and matching geek hack keys :D

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 08:13:45 »

I would love to see a group buy for just custom colored cherry keys and matching geek hack keys :D

+1  Same here.  That Cherry cap looked  :thumb:

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 08:31:27 »

Feels like I'm in inception waking up to even better and better stuff from you guys.....

Offline steve.v

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 08:47:10 »
Awesome, can't wait to see your topre profile version!

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 09:22:35 »
A profile for winkeyless caps?

Offline Freebird

• SSRCG
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 13:28:50 »
Loving this, I have no doubt I shall be purchasing a set  :thumb:

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 13:32:36 »
Good luck in this journey guys, i am so happy to see you trying to expand the scene and bring new stuff to it!
What the hell am I even doing

Offline zeroswitch

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 15:51:57 »
Any future plans or thoughts on adding an SA profile to the lineup?

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 15:53:59 »
Any future plans or thoughts on adding an SA profile to the lineup?

Ditto.

Offline ThatRusty

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 17:22:07 »
This is very exciting! Will we be seeing a round 2 of Penumbra in SA Profile?!?! (preferably fully sculpted). ;D
Current Build - ErgoMini

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 18:23:47 »
I'd rather see Alps or a true low profile sculpted set (not same size dished like DSA) first.  I megaloathe SA profile.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 18:27:41 »
Looks a lot better than those fake-looking dyesub Cherry copies that were posted recently. Will definitely order some when available.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 03:33:55 »
Awesome!

Will you be offering A and F profiles for top and bottom rows?
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 04:19:16 »

Okay, my mistake.....Sorry.

You've included photos of individual keys thus far, can you please take a picture showing it's rear end because that's the foundation upon what we here on Geekhack love to see  8) ?

Hope your keys match the thickness of GMK's then we might have a definite take over of future Group Buys when it comes to custom keys.

Offline derzemel

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 07:26:37 »

Offline Supergeek

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 09:01:22 »
What about SA profile?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 12:06:35 »

You've included photos of individual keys thus far, can you please take a picture showing it's rear end because that's the foundation upon what we here on Geekhack love to see  8) ?

Hope your keys match the thickness of GMK's then we might have a definite take over of future Group Buys when it comes to custom keys.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 12:07:40 »
Oh my, that looks lovely.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 12:34:24 »
looks pretty darn thick to me. :O
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline HTN47

• Mr. SoCal
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 12:35:31 »
Wow... they're like GMK thick... that's crazy  :eek:
What is love.... Baby don't hurt me... No more!!

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 13:02:03 »
They look great! And a little... hairy? What kind of fabrication process is it? It doesn't quite look injection molded.

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 13:06:32 »
That looks well thick! Like my.... um.... imaginary....uh... nevermind.

Alps cherry profile pls pls pls pls!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 13:07:36 »
They look great! And a little... hairy? What kind of fabrication process is it? It doesn't quite look injection molded.

thats just because its test material

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 13:19:55 »
Thick, custom colors, and custom legends. Yeah this sounds like a pretty good investment.

People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 13:34:50 »
These look DAMN AWESOME!
What the hell am I even doing

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 13:35:12 »
I love that this is something new, something that will allow our options to continue to expand. And a doubleshot with no "waffle" effect? Very nice!
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 14:10:16 »
PBT pls

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 15:01:35 »

Show Image

Very clean!

Much smooth!

Many thick!

Such precise!

Wow!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 15:31:24 »
Wow, this is big news... and these caps look great too.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 16:04:23 »
The hype keeps on building. Thanks for the shot Bunny. I'm super excited for the minuscule possibility of custom Topre caps. I really hope there is some glimmer of hope for that. Regardless though, I will be sure to pick up some MX sets for future projects.

Offline lolpes

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 16:28:09 »
wow!  ;D

Offline Yslen

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 16:38:54 »
Bunny, we need bottom pics :p

Might want to specify 'of the keycaps' :P

Offline Wobbly Bot

• * Destiny Supporter
  • I do photography sometimes
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 17:18:28 »
Oh man, these look like they have some promise! Can't wait to see the finalized pricing and options!! Will definitely pick up a set once able. :D
RAMA M60-A - Zilents 65g Lubed

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 18:16:58 »

Show Image

looks fantastic.
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline Wulfsta

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 18:24:08 »
Beautiful, and the thickness is awesome!

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 18:27:35 »
Incredibruh !

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 18:36:48 »
So I scrolled past that pic of the backside of the cap, and let out a quiet, almost under my breath ohhhhh.  Well, the wife looked at me with this look that said, whose butt are you looking at on the web.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline neverused

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 18:51:48 »

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 19:02:35 »
Maybe we will finally see topre keycaps come out of this one day, Here's hoping...  :)

Great looking caps thus far. Glad to see even more options regarding keycaps.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 19:11:01 »
Have they thought about doing buckling springs caps?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 19:54:30 »
I'm very excited about this.

Bunnylake, just out of personal interest, with GMK supposedly entering direct to consumer keycap sales with their Uniqey board, do you think they will be more reluctant to do Group Buys?

Also, what do you plan to do with this new manufacturing capabilities if I may ask? Are you thinking retail or GBs or both? Is this move to do with the pricing and availability of GMK keycaps and making high quality thick ABS move available to the community or is it to do more with custom legends and manufacturing keycaps that GMK don't offer?

I know these are a lot of questions but I'm keen to learn more about this exciting new development

Offline GSimon

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 19:58:12 »
No one here's asking the real question.

...Universal Space-bars, yay or nay?

6-stem, needs to happen..plz

Offline Corey

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 22:48:44 »
Rad. Will be an insta buy from me. Don't leave us waiting for too long!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 23:27:22 »

This would be an interesting idea!

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 23:30:01 »

This would be an interesting idea!

I just want somewhere that will do custom legends, and not be hit or miss on the QC, and even doing them in the first place.