Author Topic: PSA: linkshine's scam  (Read 14432 times)

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
PSA: linkshine's scam
« on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 03:20:12 »
Hey guys, just putting this out here for you guys to take caution.

linkshine on GH might be is a scammer

He traded his Ice v2 for my Metphitic v2, and he completed that trade.

Then after he traded my reactor core gamer (WASD only) for his chill blue gamer (WASD only) and also a trans purple BBv2 + a Topre F2 CC for gummyrot skull MX that was never delivered, while I shipped my stuff in a few days and he confirmed that it has arrived with him.

After which I got in touch with him and after quite a while he offered a mint blank topre for $130, which I decided to take (but did not pay for yet), and he says he shipped everything together to me.

I pestered him for the tracking again and again after I shipped my items but he always avoids the question and deflects.

Then one day he told me the package was returned because he didnt put enough postage, and then he told me he was ill (I have no idea whether to trust him or not, or if deflecting) but I offered to have him ship to a US address and intended to pay him the postage and he started to ignore my monthly messages regarding this since August.

I sent him a final reminder this Christmas (24 Dec) to either get into contact with me and send me the stuff he owes me, or offer to pay me a fair amount for the stuff I sent him, which is $100 (gamer) + $150 (v2) + $150 (CC) = $500 for the caps.

I have no idea if he has anyone that he speaks to often on GH. If he has friends that still keep in contact here, I encourage you to speak up here and encourage him to step up to face me here as well.

I welcome people to defend him (at least it means he's probably not an all out scammer) but what has been done has been done. I also don't know if he has done the same to any other members here?

For me, this has left quite a bad taste, but I'll like to hear him out and hopefully we can settle this....though not really counting on it.

I can post Skype records but I prefer to let him respond himself first...

PS: I hate pitchforking but this incident leaves me no choice.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
Re: PSA: linkshine's unfulfilled trades (scam?)
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 03:31:09 »
This sucks! Not saying he scammed or not but Shadovved of all people is the least deserving of being screwed over! Hopefully someone speaks out here to either vouch for him or corroborate with Shadovved's experience.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline wodan

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 03:34:54 »
which is $100 (gamer) + $150 (v2) + $150 (CC) = $500 for the caps.

I disagree ;)

Still, sounds pretty shady to me, thanks for sharing. Shadovved is a good guy, I believe him.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 03:42:44 »

I disagree ;)

Still, sounds pretty shady to me, thanks for sharing. Shadovved is a good guy, I believe him.

HUE. Well. I would charge him cheaper if it hadn't been such a shady transaction, I had half a mind to charge him eBay prices. :p

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 03:44:49 »

I disagree ;)

I absolutely believe Shaddoved also. It's just very hard to tell sometimes if the alleged scammer is actually being truthful or not especially when an illness is in question. This seems especially shady. I hope it works out for him.

Offline joey

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 03:47:44 »
Talk to dgneo, he has a spreadsheet of linkshine's ongoing trades.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 03:49:25 »

I just heard. LOL. 5 months too late :(

Time to earn myself a spot in the ranks in that prestigious spreadsheet....

@YM thanks for the support but let's just see if he's willing to come out.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 03:55:23 »

There's nothing that stings quite like losing precious caps :(

I've had a Hack Orange CC Skull, Candy Corn CC blank, Black CC Skull, Mint Green CC Skull/WASD cluster all get "lost" in the mail during various trades.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 03:57:31 »

I've had a Hack Orange CC Skull, Candy Corn CC blank, Black CC Skull, Mint Green CC Skull/WASD cluster all get "lost" in the mail during various trades.

Definitely a first for me though....was it the first? I cant really recall.

Can you believe I forgot about this since October? :|

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 04:09:15 »

That depends. Were you unconscious this entire time?

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 04:17:19 »

Ehh. I was at school HAHAHA. Probably was more focused on my work than to remember the caps.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 04:19:59 »

Ehh. I was at school HAHAHA. Probably was more focused on my work than to remember the caps.
Life tends to be filled with more pressing matters than keycaps, in the grand scheme of things. Hope you are doing well aside from the loss of caps. It's been a while since I've been on GH.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 04:27:17 »

Life tends to be filled with more pressing matters than keycaps, in the grand scheme of things. Hope you are doing well aside from the loss of caps. It's been a while since I've been on GH.

HAHA. Well. Uni is tough, but I'm coping.

And yeah, it's been a while since I saw you on GH....not saying that I was really active either.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 04:55:49 »
You obviously have this persons address? Do you have thier name also, i am assuming yes. Have you got a phone number? Have you googled the address and name? Do you know if they live with parents or are they an adult? Send them a letter outlining what you want. If they live with their parents tell them that you will inform their parents if a resolution is not found. If no joy, Send their parents a letter and tell them what their seed has been up to. If they are an adult you could contact other people if you could find the details but i wont go into that here.

All forum formalities asside, you may need to escalate the way in which you put forward your concerns to this person.

I dont know what the penut gallery has tried so far but you probebly need to try a different approach to just waiting for emails and skype if you want a resoulution.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 04:59:29 »
You obviously have this persons address? Do you have thier name also, i am assuming yes. Have you got a phone number? Have you googled the address and name? Do you know if they live with parents or are they an adult? Send them a letter outlining what you want. If they live with their parents tell them that you will inform their parents if a resolution is not found. If no joy, Send their parents a letter and tell them what their seed has been up to. If they are an adult you could contact other people if you could find the details but i wont go into that here.

All forum formalities asside, you may need to escalate the way in which you put forward your concerns to this person.

I dont know what the penut gallery has tried so far but you probebly need to try a different approach to just waiting for emails and skype if you want a resoulution.

I do have everything. It's just because I dont stay in CONUS...it's harder to enforce this.

If not I would have my lawyer send a demand letter already.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 07:28:11 »
So yeah, for those that aren't aware, myself and a few other members of the community have been trying to keep track of what Linkshine currently owes in trades. It started to be come more and more apparent that he had a large number of incomplete trades out there when more and more members were coming forward wondering where their stuff is.

Note: $0 Paid to Link means it was a trade which Link never fulfilled

This is where we're unfortunately at as of current (this includes your trade as well, Shadovved). I've blurred the usernames and trades as some people wished to keep their information private, but you can clearly see the extent of the damage done. As of current he owes a little over $1500 worth of caps to people, however just a month earlier it was sitting around $10k (a few users heavily bias this, but still). Rows in green mean the deal with Link has been completed (one way or another), orange are trades that should be complete but are missing stuff, and red is no progress at all. I myself have dealt with his ****, he sent me the wrong stem type in a trade, and then I never heard from him again. Many people have tried contacting him but no one has gotten a response.

If anyone hasn't come forward already, please do so, the more information we can gather the better.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 December 2016, 07:32:38 by dgneo »

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 07:50:59 »
So yeah, for those that aren't aware, myself and a few other members of the community have been trying to keep track of what Linkshine currently owes in trades. It started to be come more and more apparent that he had a large number of incomplete trades out there when more and more members were coming forward wondering where their stuff is.

*snip*

Yea. Sad to know that it has come to this :(

My trade was in July though, not like it makes a difference anyway

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 08:27:12 »
All of this bums me out beyond belief ......

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 08:42:26 »
I'm waiting on only an Iron Mask, but there are people waiting for stuff in the $100s. One person even had a purchase in the $1000s, but I think that finally was resolved.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 14:48:38 »

What happened was,  The previous Shadovved was triggered and sent on a secret anti-terrorism mission in the middle east. He died..

Then to continue his social obligations and cover , Clone Shadovv mark 2, was activated..

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 15:06:36 »
I know linkshine has a reputation on /r/mechmarket as like constantly buying and trading for everything as soon as a wts/wtt goes up. People will like always tag him in threads as soon as something remotely valuable is posted. I've interacted with him a couple times (always him wanting to buy/trade something), and he was always quite nice. I've traded with him I believe twice, and both times it was a very quick and pleasant experience, with him being very acommodating of some delays on my end. Those are just my personal experiences from a couple months ago though. To be honest I doubt he has like real malicious intent, the amount of trades and **** he does makes me think he probably has just gotten in wayyyy over his head. That of course doesn't make any of this in the least bit acceptable, but I'm tempted to think he's either a really really good scammer, or an honest guy who's overwhelmed and is doing a ****ty job dealing with it.

I'm really sorry for all the people on that list of ****ed up trades, I've definately had stuff fall through before, and its so so ****ty when its with really valuable stuff. Even worse because he had a pretty good reputation before all this I think, so its not like you couldve really seen it coming.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 December 2016, 15:09:48 by trenzafeeds »
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 19:27:08 »
Link scammed me as well. Owes me a cap, said he would send it back to me, and now ignores every single message I send to him here or on reddit.

He's ghosted me and stole my cap, dude is a scumbag.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 22:01:16 »

What happened was,  The previous Shadovved was triggered and sent on a secret anti-terrorism mission the middle east. He died..

Then to continue his social obligations and cover , Clone Shadovv mark 2, was activated..

HAHAHA. It's C-3PO now.

@trenza yeaaaaa I had an okay trade with him too. Hopefully he's clear things up, but I think that is a long shot

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 05:27:05 »
@trenza yeaaaaa I had an okay trade with him too. Hopefully he's clear things up, but I think that is a long shot
I mean I hope he does too, but I agree it does look like a long shot with everything everyone else has posted. Really quite a shame, perhaps he is just a very good scammer and spent like forever building up trust from everyone. Have you posted about this on mechmarket yet? Might be good, because I think he does even more trading there.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 06:00:43 »
Welp, looks like mechmarket was a little ahead of us this time
https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/4uy9a1/_/
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 12:31:15 »

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 14:38:27 »
Im pretty sure he's a scammer then, because I looked at his post history on reddit and he stopped posting like the same day that mechmarket banned him. You might wanna change the title here to be a bit less ambiguous to try and make sure he doesnt claim any more victims here.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: PSA: linkshine's scam
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 07:53:21 »
Im pretty sure he's a scammer then, because I looked at his post history on reddit and he stopped posting like the same day that mechmarket banned him. You might wanna change the title here to be a bit less ambiguous to try and make sure he doesnt claim any more victims here.

Should be fine enough

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 09:27:41 »
Still waiting for my cap.  :(

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 10:54:47 »
If he doesn't post a response is that admission of guilt?

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 11:03:50 »
Well he hasn't been online here since February, and hasn't posted on his reddit in months.. Think it's safe to assume you won't get a response from ..

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 11:25:08 »

Me too 🙋‍♂️😊😞😭

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 11:56:46 »

LOL this thing is still here? I've written off the items already....

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 12:02:06 »
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis Linkshine the wise?

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 12:27:37 »
Well he hasn't been online here since February, and hasn't posted on his reddit in months.. Think it's safe to assume you won't get a response from ..

Yeah. He probably made a new reddit account so he could post on westworld without being harassed by angry nerds

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 16:30:28 »
Reminds me of Boobiecaps, that was just $60 down the ****ing drain. What really pisses me off about that is Mandolin knew I was under financial stress during that time and gave me a couple days past the deadline to pay. That was half my weekly budget back then. **** that ****.

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 16:53:55 »

Yeah. He probably made a new reddit account so he could post on westworld without being harassed by angry nerds

Oh good 'ol Westworld. It changes people

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 08:37:19 »

Oh good 'ol Westworld. It changes people

Westworld? Whut?

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 08:40:24 »
Hi I would like to delete my account.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 July 2018, 14:57:36 by clasicks »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 08:47:46 »
It's on HBO. You should watch it. It's great.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 11:34:01 »

its a TV show - about a simulated reality western themepark that people pay to go to.

Aint no got HBO at my place. Maybe I'll *torrent* HAHAHA

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 16:28:54 »

its a TV show - about a simulated reality western themepark that people pay to go to.

westworld pretty good

I thought the females in the show could've been prettier,  but, heck prolly not that many actresses posses good acting ability, good looks, ontop of willingness to go nekkid

It's weird, pretty much all hbo shows have nude scenes.. it's like, they're nude because it's HBO..

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 16:31:25 »

westworld pretty good

I thought the females in the show could've been prettier,  but, heck prolly not that many actresses posses good acting ability, good looks, ontop of willingness to go nekkid

It's weird, pretty much all hbo shows have nude scenes.. it's like, they're nude because it's HBO..

you've been programmed to think nudity is weird by the fcc rules. HBO gets that and includes nudity in all tv shows to push the envelope

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 16:37:59 »

you've been programmed to think nudity is weird by the fcc rules. HBO gets that and includes nudity in all tv shows to push the envelope

/Cough..  yea,   of course that's why..    HBO anti-victorian-shame..

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 17:29:26 »
For real, though. HBO's shows have a lot of nudity.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 18:46:52 »
For real, though. HBO's shows have a lot of nudity.

i think the original premise of the pay-extra system encompassed nudity as a (service) of sorts.

And now, they're just like,  welll we cultivated an entire generation of perverts..   So now they won't watch our stuff if there's absolutely no nudity

hahhahahahahahahahaa

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 15:14:13 »
Has everyone gotten their caps yet?

Offline KnightDX

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 15:22:42 »
Has everyone gotten their caps yet?

Lmao, anyone would be lucky to get a message back that there was a "delay in shipping"

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 15:23:35 »
I'm still waiting on mine.  :(

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 16:36:33 »
Reminds me of Boobiecaps, that was just $60 down the ****ing drain. What really pisses me off about that is Mandolin knew I was under financial stress during that time and gave me a couple days past the deadline to pay. That was half my weekly budget back then. **** that ****.

What a trip.

Can't make rent, blew all my money on Boobiecaps.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150