Author Topic: [IC] GMK Yuru | Pricing Update | Group Buy September 1st | gmkyuru.com  (Read 99699 times)

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server

GMK Yuru
Group Buy on September 1st
https://gmkyuru.com/

GB PAGE IS LIVE

> Discord Server
> Instagram

Abstract
More
Yuru Camp is an anime I thoroughly enjoyed, and knowing my previous history of making 'weeb' GMK sets (see: GMK Noel), I thought it was only obvious to make a Yuru Camp themed one given the popularity (season 2 soon :p) and the vast oppurtunity for novelties. However, GMK Camping r2 (Camping in Japan) was already about to run at that time, and I didn't want to overlap that set by creating something uncannily similar. That and most of the colours from the show didn't appeal to me as being something that could be translated well into keycaps. That all changed when one day, when I was just at a uni event, one of my friends came in with a piece of merchandise: Shima Rin's scarf from the show! I loved the colours of it, and knew I had to make a set based on it.

Vendors
Group Buy will be available from September 1st to October 1st through the following vendors

Pricing
Prices are in USD through Cannon Keys; for all other vendors please refer to the official site link
  • Base Kit: $134.99
  • Hiragana Base Kit: $134.99
  • Extensions: $39.99
  • Novelties: $59.99
  • (≧◡≦) (Emote): $25.99
  • Deskmats: $16.99
  • Puppies Rama: $38

Colours
Please keep in mind that it is very difficult to capture colours on a semi-gloss coating, and as such, use these colour samples as a general guide on what to expect and not as a finite reference. Colours have been graded with a colourchecker.

• GMK CP for Alphas and Modifier Legends
  • GMK WS2 for Accent Legends
  • RAL 010 30 30 for Alpha Legends and Modifiers
  • RAL 190 80 25 for Accents
The colours for the set include a rich burgundy for mods, mild cream for alphas and mod legends, and a light teal for accents as seen from the picture. This was initially colour-matched from the show as the physical scarf was too saturated, but was later adjusted slightly to better suit the set. WS2 was used on Accent Legends to provide better contrast and uniformity with the mods legends.

Kit Renders

Latin Base Kit

Hiragana Base Kit

40s/Ortho/Spacebars (Extension) Kit

Novelties Kit

(≧◡≦) Kit
Rin-chan

Extras

Accessories Deskmat

Nightscapes Deskmat

Puppies Rama

Board Renders

No.1 Rev.2 by Keycult
Rendered by pikku-allu

7v by gok
Rendered by Abec13

TMOv2 by funderburker
Rendered by Abec13

Iron165 by Smith+Rune
Rendered by Abec13

Chimera65 by Upas
Rendered by Abec13

OSA by BlindAssassin111
Rendered by MetallicCharles

Signature
Support the set by displaying a signature on your forum profile
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=108227][img width=373 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/j92Ngqo.png[/img][/url]

« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2020, 07:51:42 by Agilr »

Offline OtherAndrew

Re: [IC] GMK Yuru
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 06:57:41 »
does this have the same red as gmk camping?

this is very important

edit: after extensive review i have concluded that this does not have the same red as gmk camping

novelty arrows, 1.5u yuru camp mods, and enter would be greatly appreciated, however
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2019, 07:12:37 by OtherAndrew »

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 07:04:59 »
I have a mighty need for this, it'll be the comfiest set of 2020.

Also needs a Kirby novelty :))

Offline xIHA

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 07:10:53 »
My favorite anime of all time. Definitely in for one
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2019, 07:13:20 by xIHA »
Jane v2 | OTD 456gt | LZ Physix | xIHEx (One off comission) | Duck kingsaver | G80-1838HPU

Offline Xynerorias

• Lubin' with glicerin
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 07:26:50 »
If you want to go the UK route, it's missing an R4 <>, to replace the R4 |\
And maybe an AltGr?
And a red enter for the numpad would be nice too.

But other than that I like what I see, good looking set. Dunno if I'll be buying it as I'm trying to save up and calm down on keyboards related purchases but I like this!

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

Offline kurple

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 07:29:27 »
Another great set! It looks awesome and I can't wait to find a nice red board to pair with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 07:51:28 »
I'm in.
This is so beautiful and is ready for GB.
Please start GB asap.   :thumb:

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 08:11:20 »
What about GMK Yaoi, when we gonna get this

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 08:27:48 »
Acorn novelty or riot

Offline Popopro

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 08:48:49 »

How about GMK Yuri first, when we gonna get this

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 09:05:36 »

That exists already though.

Offline idlemao

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 09:09:57 »
Now this is cute. Can't wait for this to run!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline vi0till

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 09:12:23 »
I'm in.
This is so beautiful and is ready for GB.
Please start GB asap.   :thumb:

Count me in...

Offline pancake

• instagram
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 09:59:29 »
my wallet is ready for the comf
SA Bisoromi | GMK Gregory
More
HHKB Snow | HHKB Snow 25th | Kafka 87 | OTD 360c | Realforce R3TL BT | RS | RS60 | RS65 | TGR Jane v2 CE

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 09:59:45 »

Actually, you got it the wrong way around: English (UK) requires R4 \|; R4 <> is for English (USA), terminal style (PC style uses R4 \| instead).

This kit, as it stands now, has correct(*) support for English (UK) alpha keys (it IS missing AltGr, but that's not an alpha).

(*) This is assuming the tertiary legends have been consciously omitted (something that I don't like, but it's generally accepted that it's up to the kit designer; in English (UK) the only affected keycaps are: R1 `¬¦ and R1 4$€).

Offline Tyson

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 10:06:00 »

Actually, you got it the wrong way around: English (UK) requires R4 \|; R4 <> is for English (USA), terminal style (PC style uses R4 \| instead).

This kit, as it stands now, has correct(*) support for English (UK) alpha keys (it IS missing AltGr, but that's not an alpha).

(*) This is assuming the tertiary legends have been consciously omitted (something that I don't like, but it's generally accepted that it's up to the kit designer; in English (UK) the only affected keycaps are: R1 `¬¦ and R1 4$€).

I've always wondered why the right alt is AltGr in sets, what does the Gr stand for?

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 10:06:41 »
Considering the source of inspiration, the base kit should use Hiragana sub-legends as default.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 10:16:54 »
as long as that red doesn't go any darker, I love it.  I would prefer something a bit closer to red than plum if anything.

Look where you wrote Yuru in the first photo.  That red is perfect.  but it's brighter than the red in the renders.  Maybe it's just a lighting thing.

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 10:44:35 »
I've always wondered why the right alt is AltGr in sets, what does the Gr stand for?

"Alt Gr" stands for "Alternate Graphic", and indicates the key is used to produce characters in the tertiary and quaternary layers(*); this key is present in most of the extant national layouts (including several extended versions of English (USA) over ANSISO or ISO).

Also: yes, it was a staggeringly short-sighted decision from whoever at IBM that thought that placing just one AltGr key in the keyboard would be enough... and just as bad as using the right Alt key to this effect.

(*) Base and Shift are the primary and secondary layers.

Offline kawaiislowpoke

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 11:14:30 »
made an account because i need comfy keyboard

Offline Helpingly

• Hiya! I'm Helpingly
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 11:31:15 »
Awesome job putting accent spacebars in the base kit.

Looks good. Tent novelty best novelty.

Offline SurfGalaxy

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 11:43:20 »
Ral 190 80 20 is the cure to my depression

Offline belgium_waffles

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 13:27:23 »
Very comfy set

Offline Quinella

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 13:36:10 »
"ne colemak avail"

Offline Popopro

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 14:35:43 »

That exists already though.

Shoot. The other type of yuri pls.

Offline octix

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 14:49:24 »
Wow! What an amazing set, been in the works for ages, it’s amazing seeing this come into fruition.
Props to Aglir, amazing designer and great guy.
Can’t wait to see what’s to come!

Discord: octix#0478

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 20:46:44 »
does this have the same red as gmk camping?

this is very important

edit: after extensive review i have concluded that this does not have the same red as gmk camping

novelty arrows, 1.5u yuru camp mods, and enter would be greatly appreciated, however

The novelties kit is already at 18 unique keys, so it's going to be relatively pricey compared to other sets so 1.5u yuru camp mods will most likely not make it as the majority of boards use 1.25u. Arrows I'd like to include, but coming up with something original separate to Campings arrows is something I've struggled with, especially with R1 being almost perfect personally. Enters will be considered, but again, would like something that ties the set well to justify increasing moulds.

Offline jaden

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 21:33:38 »
I love yuru camp, this set looks great. Novelties are amazing. I just wished the colors were more similar to Rin's scarf if you're basing the inspiration more from that

Offline rora

• Summitcables
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 21:35:16 »
I can't wait for this!

maybe secret project soon? ;)
Heavensward

Matrix 8x V2.0 Blue | Matrix 8x V2.0 Tiffany Blue | LZ SE MP | TGR Jane V2 Blue Grey | TGR Jane V2 Pink | TGR Jane V2 CE | Keycult No2, Rev1 | Keycult No2, Rev1 | TGR 910 CE | TGRxSinga Unikorn | Orion V3 | Xeno | Mira SE | Kmac Happy | Kyuu | QXP | LZ CLS H | Poly Singa | TXCP | E6V2 FE

Offline mimalik

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 09:50:28 »
Any possibility of splitting the numpad as separate kit from base? Love the colors.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 11:26:17 »
Numpad shouldn't force accent colored enter, but it should stay in base.

Offline firetruckboy

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 14:48:29 »
For some reason burgundy has been growing on me lately...

Offline stonefist

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 18:02:27 »
I love the set, going all in!!!!

Offline Jude.

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 22:36:26 »
Looks great! I am in

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 09:53:20 »
This one is a cutie.

Offline shiroshiro

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 10:29:32 »
I love the set! But I hope the GB would be around Jan to save my wallet  :-[

Offline Myouri

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 19:56:19 »
Look great. I really like the anime and also this set colors. I’m totally in now XD. Hope there well be GB for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 03:33:01 »

I am hoping to run it after GMK Noel GB (early Q2 2020) to ensure that everything gets nailed for it.

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 03:51:02 »
I have 1 friend wanting in on this, so +1 interest :)
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 15:57:13 »
Very nice! And love that there is UK ISO in base. Will be joining for sure

Offline Myouri

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 04:20:17 »

I am hoping to run it after GMK Noel GB (early Q2 2020) to ensure that everything gets nailed for it.
I’ll definitely get this set and Noel one if they are ready for GB. Lol. I’m such a weeb. XD

Offline Dissitesuxba11s

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 09:13:05 »
Any chance that the Hiragana alphas be part of the base kit instead of the Latin alphas, similar to Camping in Japan?

Offline firetruckboy

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 13:06:20 »
Any chance that the Hiragana alphas be part of the base kit instead of the Latin alphas, similar to Camping in Japan?

+1 to this.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 14:17:21 »

+1 to this.

My preference will be to have it as a separate kit as is. It may be a tough call to go one way or another, but will respect community feedback and designer's choice.

Offline firetruckboy

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 18:57:09 »

+1 to this.

My preference will be to have it as a separate kit as is. It may be a tough call to go one way or another, but will respect community feedback and designer's choice.

If there's interest in placing the hiragana sublegends in the base kit, I think a poll would be a good idea. I personally prefer the hiragana sublegends and don't need a spare set of alphas (if I were to buy both kits). But of course, I'd prioritize whichever option means costing the community as a whole less.  :thumb:

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 04:18:03 »

Hey, thanks for your interest on the set! As for plans on including hiragana sub-legends into base kit instead of add-on kit, even though I understand the set is based around a japanese anime and would be second nature to include, I have some bias towards latin legends over it. For one, I feel sub-legends somewhat detriment the aesthetics of the set as it makes alpha keys 'busy' having 2 legends on each key which I don't think balances well with the icon + bottom row text mods. By having something more minimal, I feel it conveys the sets themes of warmth and comfort in camping better, especially on white alphas where there is already enough contrast. Also, I believe that japanese sub-legends are somewhat overdone and saturated in the community, where it is added on the basis of a japanese-themed set. Additionally, people who might not be acquainted with the anime and/or japanese culture might buy the set because of the colours, which is something I have to respect.

Of course, this is only one person's opinion, and if there is an overwhelming majority of people who want to have it in base kit and/or people who are interested in buying both the base kit and sub-legends kit, I'll make it happen. Please feel free to voice your opinions on the IC Form.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 06:31:05 »

Hey, thanks for your interest on the set! As for plans on including hiragana sub-legends into base kit instead of add-on kit, even though I understand the set is based around a japanese anime and would be second nature to include, I have some bias towards latin legends over it. For one, I feel sub-legends somewhat detriment the aesthetics of the set as it makes alpha keys 'busy' having 2 legends on each key which I don't think balances well with the icon + bottom row text mods. By having something more minimal, I feel it conveys the sets themes of warmth and comfort in camping better, especially on white alphas where there is already enough contrast. Also, I believe that japanese sub-legends are somewhat overdone and saturated in the community, where it is added on the basis of a japanese-themed set. Additionally, people who might not be acquainted with the anime and/or japanese culture might buy the set because of the colours, which is something I have to respect.

Of course, this is only one person's opinion, and if there is an overwhelming majority of people who want to have it in base kit and/or people who are interested in buying both the base kit and sub-legends kit, I'll make it happen. Please feel free to voice your opinions on the IC Form.
Everytime a GMK set has hiragana sublegends in the base kit

1. People complain about "busy-looking legends"
2. and complain
3. and complain
4. Then the GB starts and MOQ is reached wthin a week.

Serika, Camping R2, Alter, etc. It just keeps happening.

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 06:49:23 »

Everytime a GMK set has hiragana sublegends in the base kit

1. People complain about "busy-looking legends"
2. and complain
3. and complain
4. Then the GB starts and MOQ is reached wthin a week.

Serika, Camping R2, Alter, etc. It just keeps happening.

As I've said, I've chosen to go with Latin Alphas as I feel it works better for the nature of the set without external bias. Also, I don't think it's right to assume that base kits that have hiragana subs will be successful given many other factors that goes into it. However, if the majority are interested in both kits I'd be more than happy to change the set to include hiragana sub-legends into base kit.

Offline Dissitesuxba11s

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 07:24:05 »

Thank you for the reply. All the points you made absolutely makes sense especially the one about pulling in people not familiar with the anime. I'm still interested and look forward to it with whatever alphas the base kit includes.

Offline ivu

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 11:27:29 »
I also agree on the busy looks for kits including sublegends on the latin alphas.
For example, i'm really into the Red Samurai kit which is a must for me but i had to pass on the current "drop" just because i don't like the additional sublegends.
That's why i passed on it and will wait for the regular set with only latin alphas.

Offline breckstar

« Reply #50 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 11:41:50 »
If there's so much bipolar audiences, then make both alphas their own separate kit relative to the mods/numpad/iso? Not sure if helps out on pricing but would appease those who want the opposite alpha from what's included in the base kit.

Offline phlux

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 12:35:51 »
Until the community is big enough that multiple base kits can reliably hit MOQ, I'm okay with hiragana sublegend kits effectively being a weeb tax.

Loved the anime, and I think the colors look great. Can't wait.

Offline Butterbeer

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 00:52:52 »
All WEEBs must pay tax!

I love the hiragana sub-legends, but if we run this thing without Latin alphas in the base kit, then no tax will be paid. If no weeb tax is paid then Latin alphas will NOT hit MOQ.

Offline NeroGrave

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 07:23:24 »
Looks good. Any chance to have more cyan colored keys for the novelties? I feel its quite one-sided right now.

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 04:25:57 »
Looks good. Any chance to have more cyan colored keys for the novelties? I feel its quite one-sided right now.

Hey, glad you like it! I was planning to have more cyan novelties but a big part of the absence was due to the contrast issues I think it'd face. Cream on Burgundy is a much more legible than White on Teal (which is why I used WS1 instead of alpha's CP for accent legends to hopefully help with this), but most of the novelties I felt were out of place or weren't distinct enough with the latter colour option. However, I've added a tent and scooter icon for R1 to hopefully fill in that void as I felt they looked best out of all of those.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 20 November 2019, 01:00:15 »
Is that the right maroon color in the renders? It looks very different from the RAL color you chose.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 20 November 2019, 02:29:10 »
Is that the right maroon color in the renders? It looks very different from the RAL color you chose.
Yes, so the hexcode equivalent given by RAL is a lot brighter than it is on the RAL D2 Colour Deck, so that is probably why it looks different.

Offline niwatoriman

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 20 November 2019, 06:12:06 »
Is there a possibility to make a deskmat? :)

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 20 November 2019, 06:16:18 »
Is there a possibility to make a deskmat? :)
Deskmats designs will most likely be done in tandem with GMK Noel deskmats, so yes :D

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 20 November 2019, 07:57:14 »
Yes, so the hexcode equivalent given by RAL is a lot brighter than it is on the RAL D2 Colour Deck, so that is probably why it looks different.

So which one is more accurate? I can't afford a D2 fan deck.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline spakecdk

• Browns are best
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 20 November 2019, 08:22:52 »
I would have preferred CP for mod legends. The difference is quite jarring imo. But it's one of the better sets in IC right now! (I have also been thinking about making this exact colour combination and the same inspiration, cause i love the scarf!)

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 20 November 2019, 15:26:18 »
I would have preferred CP for mod legends. The difference is quite jarring imo. But it's one of the better sets in IC right now! (I have also been thinking about making this exact colour combination and the same inspiration, cause i love the scarf!)

Mod Legends are in CP (which, for some reason, wasn't stated in OP so my apologies there). WS1 is only used for Accent Legends to provide better contrast and uniformity with Mod Legends
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 November 2019, 15:33:25 by Agilr »

Offline Waterrmelonn

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 22:39:37 »
This looks great! I'm in the process of watching the anime now. So it's really exciting seeing a keycap set based of it.

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 23:58:06 »
Update 1: Kit changes
- Addition of B in Spacebars Kit for the increasingly-popular Alice layout
- Addition of B in Hiragana Sub-legends Kit and removal of 6.25u spacebar

Base Kit changes including a custom windows key and more board renders will be updated to the IC soon.

Offline grav3serker

• graves + berserker = grav3serker
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 09:26:04 »
Man, what a good time to get back in the game. I like this. A lot.

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 22:40:29 »
Update 2: More kit changes
- Removal as accent-coloured arrows as I feel didn't suit and/or add to the theme of the set
- Addition of mod-coloured enter for numpad

- Removal for 'Super' keys in-place for custom triangle win-keys

Please let me know if you like or dislike the new win-key change down below as it is going to affect everyone purchasing the set. If there is a strong dislike, I will consider removing it. However, I feel that it plays well with the theme and adds something unique and fitting to the set rather than the common Super, Code, or Meta windows key.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 23:12:05 »
- Removal as accent-coloured arrows as I feel didn't suit and/or add to the theme of the set

Show Image

Please let me know if you like or dislike the new win-key change down below as it is going to affect everyone purchasing the set. If there is a strong dislike, I will consider removing it. However, I feel that it plays well with the theme and adds something unique and fitting to the set rather than the common Super, Code, or Meta windows key.

i like it, i want to see more sets with a triangle now

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 23:19:33 »

Show Image

i like it, i want to see more sets with a triangle now

I agree I like it to, It is unique and looks great!

Offline megaforce

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 23:55:21 »
please consider putting the hiragana alphas in the base kit

thank you and have a nice day <3

« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2019, 23:59:12 by megaforce »
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 10:17:17 »
please consider putting the hiragana alphas in the base kit

thank you and have a nice day <3

Show Image

Offline beansummer

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 05:29:21 »
when this will be start GB?

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 20:10:25 »
Really like the colors here and will be in when it runs. Would you consider center alignment on all the icon mods for cohesiveness?

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 20:45:56 »
Ready to buy.
Please start GB asap.
Really Love it.

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 02:43:45 »
like the colours  :thumb:

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 16:10:54 »
Update 3: Updated renders on the OSA

Offline mrboli

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 09 January 2020, 13:29:33 »
Love it!!!
KBD67 Zealios V2 65g | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco TKL MX Black | Razer BlackWidow

Offline Nezzreth

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 11:41:20 »
I need this!  :eek:

Offline beansummer

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 19:31:04 »
What time will GB begin?

Offline 002 DC

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 21:57:46 »
tfw no hiragana subs in base

Offline kilogeno

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 20:33:22 »
Interested. Also interested in letting the weebs pay the weeb tax :^)

Offline Youtu

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 16:47:19 »
Dope. Hiragana base would be fair tho since the set is inspired by an anime after all :)

Offline sdaf2

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 17:54:18 »
I really need these

Also agree with others, hiragana base would be nice

Offline VXQN

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 03:59:09 »
I want this set, but as I have never seen the anime (or, well, really, any anime) Hiragana in the base would make this a no-go for me.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 January 2020, 10:43:08 by VXQN »

Offline PeanutDamage

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 09:14:09 »
lovin the set pls leave normal latin alphas in the base kits

Offline lunr

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 23:06:38 »
just curious why the extra tab key for the hiragana kit? also, i quite like the unique windows key, it gives character to the set. I hope it doesn't add cost to it though.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 January 2020, 23:08:45 by lunr »

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 21:08:11 »
So, I really like all the 1u novelties. The scarf and "Yuru Camp" novelties are fun too. But I really don't agree with the choice to use a seemingly unimportant bag (even if it is from somewhere in the anime opening) and a bundle of rolled/packed up sleeping bags (I think?) for the bottom row 1.25u/1.5u novelties.

I think there are plenty of better/more recognizably Yuru Camp things that could be used instead of those while still being A) simple enough to create molds for and B) the correct aspect ratio for the 1.25u and 1.5u keycaps, such as:
  • Mt. Fuji
  • a campfire
  • a bundle of firewood
  • a hot pot pot
  • a sunrise

I don't know if it's too late to change the novelties, but I would really appreciate your consideration of the alternative options I listed.

Offline Tennstrong

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 13 March 2020, 04:38:04 »
Love that base kit. +1 for latin in base, looks very clean and unique

Offline MooGoesTheToast

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 13 March 2020, 18:03:41 »
Love everything about this kit! Was wondering if you have a possible price point yet? Also I am with keeping the latin keys in the base :)

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 13 March 2020, 18:54:16 »
As I'm working to get Noel ready before Group Buy next month, updates on Yuru including changes to the set and kit pricing will not be made until at least after Noel finishes GB in 2 months time. Sorry for all the wait! But yes, latin mono-legends will stay as with all my sets which I have detailed why earlier in the thread.

Offline 10peaches

[IC] GMK Yuru
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 17:29:06 »
My preference is to have the hiragana in the base kit too.

« Last Edit: Wed, 01 April 2020, 17:30:38 by 10peaches »

Offline smallermeesk

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 01:20:22 »
This set is absolutely based and I hope it may still happen.

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 06:33:46 »
This set is absolutely based and I hope it may still happen.
It's definitely happening, and I'm working to get major updates available by next month. If you'd like more updates for the set and want to be notified, please feel free to join the discord

Offline GhostEther

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 16:08:21 »
Looks like I'll buy another set by Agilr.
Interested.

Offline BaltO

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 23:58:59 »
pls let this kit live on

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 03:17:02 »
pls let this kit live on
As a pre-cursor to major updates planned soon, Yuru will be in Group Buy in 2020. I'm currently working on kitting changes and additional renders, and will hopefully be done by next month.

Thanks for all your support!

Offline VXQN

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 05:00:13 »
pls let this kit live on
As a pre-cursor to major updates planned soon, Yuru will be in Group Buy in 2020. I'm currently working on kitting changes and additional renders, and will hopefully be done by next month.

Thanks for all your support!

Excellent news!

Offline upas

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 22:11:04 »
just curious why the extra tab key for the hiragana kit? also, i quite like the unique windows key, it gives character to the set. I hope it doesn't add cost to it though.

With the extra tab, you can actually cover 2 boards with a base + hiragana kit.
It can't be any 2 boards - there are limitations, but you can do it.

One would have to have split BS, the other would need normal BS.
One would need to have 7U bottom row, the other 6.25U bottom row.
One would need short right shift, the other full size.

I think that about covers it.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 22:33:28 »
Wonder if this would be good on a u80a port.

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 00:31:34 »
Archiving for update post
Show Image

Want to help us out on suggestions and gauging interest? Or would you like to keep updated on the latest news outside of GeekHack?
Fill out the Interest Check Form, join the Discord Server and/or follow the Instagram!

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Abstract
Yuru Camp is an anime I thoroughly enjoyed, and knowing my previous history of making 'weeb' GMK sets (see: GMK Noel), I thought it was only obvious to make a Yuru Camp themed
one given the popularity (season 2 soon :p) and the vast oppurtunity for novelties. However, GMK Camping r2 (Camping in Japan) was already about to run at that time, and I didn't want to
overlap that set by creating something uncannily similar. That and most of the colours from the show didn't appeal to me as being something that could be translated well into keycaps.
That all changed when one day, when I was just at a uni event, one of my friends came in with a piece of merchandise:
Shima Rin's scarf from the show! I loved the colours of it, and knew I had to make a set based on it.

Show Image

Colours
The colours for the set include a rich burgundy for mods, mild cream for alphas and mod legends, and a light teal for accents as seen from the picture. This was initially
colour-matched from the show as the physical scarf was too saturated, but was later adjusted slightly to better suit the set.
WS1 was used on Accent Legends to provide better contrast and uniformity with the mods legends.

Show Image

Kits

Base kit
Show Image

Hiragana Sub-legends kit
Show Image

Spacebars kit
Show Image

Novelties kit
Show Image

Renders

Upas' Chimera65 by Abec13
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

BlindAssasin111's OSA by MetallicCharles
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Share your love for GMK Yuru with a complimentary banner!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103282][img width=373 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/j92Ngqo.png[/img][/url]
Show Image

Plan to do
Collect feedback
Obtain more renders
Finalise kits
Initiate GB!

Like what you see? Please follow my other Interest Check, GMK Noel, down below!

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
Re: [IC] GMK Yuru | Featuring 2 Base Kits and Updated Kitting (≧◡≦)
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 01:59:55 »
Update Post:
Due to the split nature of Latin and Hiragana Alphas in the Base Kit, I have decided to go ahead and release 2 Base Kits so that it becomes more accessible for everyone. The Novelties will be expensive due to the amount of moulds used, but I'm hoping with this change, it'll be cheaper for a majority as you don't need to purchase an additional kit. Thanks for all your support thus far, and I hope to bring more updates soon!
  • Tidied up the Interest Check for better viewing
  • Used a colorchecker on colour samples for a more accurate representation of colours used
  • Changed Accent Teal from RAL 190 80 20 to RAL 190 80 25 and Accent Legend from WS1 to WS2 for better contrast
  • Updated kitting, including the addition of a hiragana base kit, extensions kit, and (≧◡≦) kit
  • Removed Curry R1 Novelty and Camping Bag R4 Novelties for R4 Campfire and Tent Novelties

More updates are to come within the next few weeks, so please feel free to join the Discord Server so you don't miss on any news.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 June 2020, 00:28:07 by Agilr »

Offline pancake

• instagram
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 02:03:40 »
(≧◡≦)

latin gang
SA Bisoromi | GMK Gregory
More
HHKB Snow | HHKB Snow 25th | Kafka 87 | OTD 360c | Realforce R3TL BT | RS | RS60 | RS65 | TGR Jane v2 CE

Offline kaisn

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 02:10:37 »
(≧◡≦)

Offline belgium_waffles

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 02:18:27 »
(≧◡≦)

Offline megaforce

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 02:44:27 »
(≧◡≦)
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 04:05:26 »
(≧◡≦)

Offline yoot

• none
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 04:28:26 »
Amazing! Any possibility of basic left handed F-Row support (perhaps a kit with f1-10 all being the same color)

Edit: just realized (≧◡≦) kit can support it!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 June 2020, 04:31:35 by yoot »

Offline TofuOrganic

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 04:31:44 »
Yusssss please :3

Offline jjoejimmy

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 13:13:42 »
(≧◡≦)

Offline yui_

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 16:18:26 »
(≧◡≦)

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 09:35:26 »
Small Update:
  • Fixed some minor issues/inconsistences with base kits, including updated ISO sub-legends
  • Removed 1.25u Shift Key in Extensions Kit as both base kits include one
  • Added 1 R3 and R4 key to (≧◡≦) kit for compatibility with Function Columns/Macropads (Zenith, Bocc, etc)

Offline Sabin

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 13:26:18 »
Only just came across this but I really appreciate that you are doing a latin and hiragana base kit, I really don't like it when you like a set but the base is only latin and you have to spend another $70+ on hiragana alphas

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 14:48:08 »
    • Added 1 R3 and R4 key to (≧◡≦) kit for compatibility with Function Columns/Macropads (Zenith, Bocc, etc)

Now I have to get a Zenith for sure. I was already considering getting a red one for KAT Explosion, but this seals the deal.

Offline GhostEther

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 15:37:10 »
    (≧◡≦)

Offline zoo

• zoo
    « Reply #113 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 16:32:47 »
    Feels like the dark maroon should be a little more orange ish for yuru camp.

The Rin-chan keys look awesome and would love to get those, though.
    « Last Edit: Sat, 20 June 2020, 16:35:14 by zoo »

Offline noricon

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 16:02:12 »
    (≧◡≦)

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
      • Discord Server
    « Reply #115 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 05:51:25 »
    Small Update:
    Updated sample pictures in better lighting
    Final Renders and Group Buy coming soon

Please keep in mind that it is very difficult to capture colours on a semi-gloss coating, and as such, use these colour samples as a general guide on what to expect and not as a finite reference. Colours have been graded with a colourchecker.
    « Last Edit: Thu, 16 July 2020, 05:55:02 by Agilr »

Offline vincenttngo1

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 19:20:01 »
    Hmmm...I think the burgundy red and teal do mesh together well but the set does look a little busy like some others have pointed out.

Am quite a big fan of the ≧◡≦ key set though!

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 19:50:04 »
    (≧◡≦)

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
    « Reply #118 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 10:45:18 »
    Damn I love the colors (and that scarf is 😻 *googles*). I wasn't planning on getting another GMK set since I had wanted to try other profiles but these colors though...
    Space65 | Thera75 | NIZ TKL | Think6.5 v2 | Lily58
    GMK Olivia | Comfy PBT | GMK Yuru
    Upcoming:
    AE Daedalus | GMK Pink on Navy | GMK Birch | KAT Refined

Offline SenseiJia

• Hey you.
    « Reply #119 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 12:48:36 »
    (≧◡≦)

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #120 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 13:05:55 »
    One more R3 in (≧◡≦) Kit would let me only buy 4 to create an alt alphas kit...

Offline vheissu

• Pragmatic Geometrist
    « Reply #121 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 22:37:00 »
    Any chance to get a Render with Iron165 Plum?  :D

Offline Crazy Designers

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 22:39:13 »
    omg its so cuteeee
    Future Art Community.

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
      • Discord Server
    « Reply #123 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 04:51:37 »
    Small Update:
    Added Renders on the Iron165

We're hoping to finalise all renders and designs by the end of this week, so we can announce Group Buy details and dates. Just know that Group Buy will be happening very soon.

Offline Idod

• Formerly templa23
    « Reply #124 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 16:29:35 »
    Inject this entire set into me rn, love it so much and especially love the use of a triangle instead of super for the winkey

Not sure if its too late but was wondering if there was any chance of more teal colored novelties, especially for the scarf?

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
      • Discord Server
    « Reply #125 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 20:03:34 »
    Inject this entire set into me rn, love it so much and especially love the use of a triangle instead of super for the winkey

Not sure if its too late but was wondering if there was any chance of more teal colored novelties, especially for the scarf?

Hey! Thanks for expression interest for the set, means a lot to me!

Regarding more teal novelties, I answered a similar comment earlier in the IC about it.

Hey, glad you like it! I was planning to have more cyan novelties but a big part of the absence was due to the contrast issues I think it'd face. Cream on Burgundy is a much more legible than White on Teal (which is why I used WS1 instead of alpha's CP for accent legends to hopefully help with this), but most of the novelties I felt were out of place or weren't distinct enough with the latter colour option. However, I've added a tent and scooter icon for R1 to hopefully fill in that void as I felt they looked best out of all of those.

Even though I've changed it from WS1 to WS2 to hopefully help with contrast, I still feel there would be contrast issues, especially with the more intricate novelties. That and it would ultimately add to the cost of the kit. Hope that answers your question!

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
      • Discord Server
    Re: [IC] GMK Yuru | Major Updates | Group Buy September 1st
    « Reply #126 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 10:56:34 »
    Major Update:
    • Set Group Buy date to September 1st
    • Added No.1, 7v, and TMOv2 Board Renders
    • Added Accessories and Nightscapes Deskmats
    • Added Puppies Rama
    Thanks to all of you for being so patient to on the set; it's been almost a year since it was first announced as an IC back in November of last year, and now that it'll finally be in Group Buy next month, I can't wait to see all the combinations you'll be coming up with.

Offline yoot

• none
    « Reply #127 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 10:57:07 »
    Yayayayyayyayyaay!!! Love the rama!

Offline glutenusmax

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 12:15:36 »
    I've been waiting a long time for this. Finally it's here.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
    • * Exquisite Elder
    • Bandit
      • Discord
    « Reply #129 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 15:01:27 »
    These renders are AMAZING

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
      • Discord Server
    « Reply #130 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 21:42:58 »
    Small Update:
    • Removed 1.75u spacebar from Extensions Kit

That's it

« Last Edit: Thu, 06 August 2020, 02:43:50 by Agilr »

Offline Idod

• Formerly templa23
    « Reply #131 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 23:03:09 »

Hey! Thanks for expression interest for the set, means a lot to me!

Regarding more teal novelties, I answered a similar comment earlier in the IC about it.

Even though I've changed it from WS1 to WS2 to hopefully help with contrast, I still feel there would be contrast issues, especially with the more intricate novelties. That and it would ultimately add to the cost of the kit. Hope that answers your question!

Ah I see, that's understandable regarding the teal novelties

The nightscapes deskmat is genuinely jaw dropping though, I might buy a bunch just to give to all my stargazing/camping friends, amazing work agilr! Can't wait for the GB date!

Offline 1am_Icy

• Clickity Clackity
    « Reply #132 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 06:40:14 »
    Count me in!!!

Offline Klyback

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 08:18:35 »
    I am here for Nightscapes Deskmat

Offline NotFai

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 09:24:57 »
    So stoked for this! Good luck with the GB  :thumb:

Offline stevenopoly

« Reply #135 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 16:56:58 »
    I just recently heard about the quality control with GMK spacebars. Knowing this information are you going to making it a point to GMK that they should be QC'ing their spacebars before this groupbuy gets shipped?

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
      • Discord Server
    « Reply #136 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 07:27:14 »
    I just recently heard about the quality control with GMK spacebars. Knowing this information are you going to making it a point to GMK that they should be QC'ing their spacebars before this groupbuy gets shipped?
    Hey! Our vendors have already been contacted with these issues regarding some recent GMK spacebars warping, and are looking to address the issue through to GMK to hopefully get it fixed. Hope that helps!

Offline stevenopoly

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 09:08:23 »
    ^ that's great!!!    :thumb:

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
      • Discord Server
    Re: [IC] GMK Yuru | gmkyuru.com | Group Buy September 1st
    « Reply #138 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 08:05:27 »
    Small Update:
    We now have a new site which will be updated with pricing as soon as we hear back from GMK about quotes. Hope y'all like it!

https://gmkyuru.com

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
      • Discord Server
    Re: [IC] GMK Yuru | gmkyuru.com | Group Buy September 1st
    « Reply #139 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 10:33:06 »
    Update:
    Pricing has now been added! US prices are listed on the thread; for all other vendors, please find them through the official site link here

Offline lemmebuildthings

• Why did I get into this god forsaken hobby
    Re: [IC] GMK Yuru | Pricing Update | Group Buy September 1st | gmkyuru.com
    « Reply #140 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 19:33:46 »
    what are the current moq levels? nvm just checked the previous replies, mb!
    « Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2020, 19:36:10 by lemmebuildthings »

Offline kurple

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 05:03:28 »
    what are the current moq levels? nvm just checked the previous replies, mb!

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=108227.0

Here's the GB thread btw, since the GB started, the GB thread is the main source of convo!

Offline ainet

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 05:36:08 »
    I think this set is made to be put in a Burgundy board!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
    « Reply #143 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 20:08:25 »
    GB thread is open!
    Since September 1, actually.

Offline shossofe

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 19:14:06 »
    I feel like the colors can be much better for this release. You say it's based off her signature scarf but the majority of the caps are dominated by the lesser colors that show up. It is also supposedly a Rin themed design but there's a rogue Chikuwa keycap which isn't related to the specified character. The emoji keycap set is also very plain considering the character it's supposed to convey. The scarf/beanie deskmat is pretty nice but the Fuji one is too dark considering how nearly all the key moments with Mt. Fuji involves bright lighting like a sunrise or a full moon. Honestly, I'm getting more and more disappointed with how this turned out as I type. It is a bright and colorful series but this release is, frankly, dark and muted.

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 19:51:10 »
    I feel like the colors can be much better for this release. You say it's based off her signature scarf but the majority of the caps are dominated by the lesser colors that show up. It is also supposedly a Rin themed design but there's a rogue Chikuwa keycap which isn't related to the specified character. The emoji keycap set is also very plain considering the character it's supposed to convey. The scarf/beanie deskmat is pretty nice but the Fuji one is too dark considering how nearly all the key moments with Mt. Fuji involves bright lighting like a sunrise or a full moon. Honestly, I'm getting more and more disappointed with how this turned out as I type. It is a bright and colorful series but this release is, frankly, dark and muted.

:rolleyes:

Biggest troll comment of the year

Also, what do you even mean it uses "the lesser colors" of Rin's scarf? The actual scarf has four colors, and this set uses three of them.
    « Last Edit: Wed, 23 September 2020, 19:58:16 by bakuretsu »

Offline shossofe

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 20:36:31 »

https://i.imgur.com/BHlv95C.jpg

Sorry for making it seem like I was trolling. The scarf has 2 lines of darker teal with one line of light blue. 3 blue tone colors but 80% of the keycap set is white and maroon. Hopefully that makes more sense.

:rolleyes:

Biggest troll comment of the year

Also, what do you even mean it uses "the lesser colors" of Rin's scarf? The actual scarf has four colors, and this set uses three of them.

Offline Sun

« Reply #147 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 21:26:58 »

I think the designers color choices are very classy and balanced. Many of other anime inspired sets have lots of bright colors and don't work as well. I think adding more colors would make it busy and not "Laid-Back."

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 21:32:38 »
    https://i.imgur.com/BHlv95C.jpg

Sorry for making it seem like I was trolling. The scarf has 2 lines of darker teal with one line of light blue. 3 blue tone colors but 80% of the keycap set is white and maroon. Hopefully that makes more sense.

No, I understood what you were saying. But I think it's funny that you said the set only uses the "lesser colors" from Rin's scarf when the set uses 3/4 of the colors from the actual scarf. Plus, the other stuff you were complaining about was just silly.

Offline shossofe

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 21:51:25 »

I think the designers color choices are very classy and balanced. Many of other anime inspired sets have lots of bright colors and don't work as well. I think adding more colors would make it busy and not "Laid-Back."

That's understandable. It's just not my cup of tea, I suppose. I just got the Megumin set a few months ago and I thought that was a great color/novelty set to represent the character. This one in comparison just doesn't have that cheerful/kirara vibe.