Author Topic: My Nintendo 2DS Re review, one year later after my original review  (Read 5390 times)

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
Does it still hold up?  Link to original Video review in video description of this newest video.  If you are considering buying into the 3DS ecosystem now and have yet to do so (or are faced with my situation and broke or lost yours) this video may be right up your alley.  The original video review was quite popular so i figured after a year it was time for some fresh commentary.

Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: My Nintendo 2DS Re review, one year later after my original review
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 14:11:45 »
Saving for later. Still want to get the trans blue one, even though I already have a 3DS.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 11:12:17 »
I have a DS lite from 2008 that still holds a decent charge (about 2-3hrs of battery life per charge) and works without issue. I don't know what Nintendo did but they did it well :)

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 13:53:25 »
I have a DS lite from 2008 that still holds a decent charge (about 2-3hrs of battery life per charge) and works without issue. I don't know what Nintendo did but they did it well :)

Generally speaking Nintendo products LAST no argument there.  The only thing that usually fails on their handhelds is the hinges...which happened to me twice on the 3DS before the 2DS came out.  However never once happened to me on the DS.
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 10:20:30 »

Generally speaking Nintendo products LAST no argument there.  The only thing that usually fails on their handhelds is the hinges...which happened to me twice on the 3DS before the 2DS came out.  However never once happened to me on the DS.

Oh yea, the left hinge on my DS Lite has been broken for a few years. But honestly, I don't use my DS as an alarm clock (I tried, it wasn't loud enough :))) so it doesn't bother me much