Author Topic: Barley tea  (Read 2491 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Barley tea
« on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 00:38:37 »
Been drinkn' mostly this stuff,  avoiding caffeine n'all..

Anyone else think it basically tastes like burnt toast ??

234757-0

Offline yui

Re: Barley tea
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 01:01:22 »
does it taste like good burnt toast or very bitter burnt toast? cause if it is the former i need to try, even if it is barely tea
joke aside you know that decaffeinated coffee and tea exists, if you like them better, now even good coffee exist in decaffeinated form (at least in europe).

and other unrelated question, do you draw the cats yourself? those look very nice.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 01:04:37 »
"Barley tea" really sounds like it should be beer xD .

I'm sure it can't be worse than coffee though :p . I don't get why everyone and their mum drinks that ****e! xD
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Lanrefni

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 01:08:05 »

I'm sure it can't be worse than coffee though :p . I don't get why everyone and their mum drinks that ****e! xD

Me either,although my opinion is a bit colored by the fact that I'm allergic to coffee.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 01:09:30 »
does it taste like good burnt toast or very bitter burnt toast? cause if it is the former i need to try, even if it is barely tea
joke aside you know that decaffeinated coffee and tea exists, if you like them better, now even good coffee exist in decaffeinated form (at least in europe).

and other unrelated question, do you draw the cats yourself? those look very nice.

Tp4 no draw cats, they're of the Onion Head series cats.

Tried decaf tea a while back, They tasted quite different between batches, So one was worried that the chemical washing may not be so scrupulous.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 01:11:20 »

Me either,although my opinion is a bit colored by the fact that I'm allergic to coffee.

Caffeine (in coffee doses) is almost as strong a high as nicotine.

Peeps who say -they like the taste-, Granted, it tastes better than cigarettes, but the end of the day; everyone is aware of why Josh vacationed in Thailand. <At the office of course, we only accept his many photos of stone buddhas as his reputed traveler's enlightenment..> 

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 01:30:10 »

Do you actually enjoy the taste though? I mean, being allergic doesn't exclude you from liking the taste. 

Offline yui

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 03:57:38 »

Tried decaf tea a while back, They tasted quite different between batches, So one was worried that the chemical washing may not be so scrupulous.

as far as i know the only chemical used to decaffeinate is co2 in it's supercritical form (high pressure and temperature), so not dangerous per say (if you drink carbonated drinks/water you will get more than what's in the coffee) but then different coffee sources may have a bigger impact on taste than the washing itself. still i only ever looked at coffee decaffeination, tea may be completely different.

and yeah chyros is right you are basically drinking pre-fermentation beer, just add some yeast and you'll be set (and wait 6 month)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 05:46:00 »
Been drinkn' mostly this stuff,  avoiding caffeine n'all..

Anyone else think it basically tastes like burnt toast ??

Show Image

(Attachment Link)

Oh hell no i'm not drinking that

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 05:50:39 »

as far as i know the only chemical used to decaffeinate is co2 in it's supercritical form (high pressure and temperature), so not dangerous per say (if you drink carbonated drinks/water you will get more than what's in the coffee) but then different coffee sources may have a bigger impact on taste than the washing itself. still i only ever looked at coffee decaffeination, tea may be completely different.

and yeah chyros is right you are basically drinking pre-fermentation beer, just add some yeast and you'll be set (and wait 6 month)
AFAIK they use DCM to extract caffeine. I know they used to use benzene but I'm guessing they changed that in most parts of the world now :p .

Offline Lanrefni

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 21:13:32 »

Do you actually enjoy the taste though? I mean, being allergic doesn't exclude you from liking the taste.

Nope,I think it tastes and smells like burnt popcorn.

Offline eas

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 21:30:11 »
I love it and avocado toast

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 21:46:21 »
I love it and avocado toast
Avocado toast with an egg on top is GOAT-tier breakfast.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 22:41:55 »
Avocado toast with an egg on top is GOAT-tier breakfast.

/Gasp,  CHOLESTEROLLL. !!!! LOoooooolllllll

Offline Coreda

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 22:51:14 »
Have only tried those coffee substitute drinks for a non-caffeinated alternative, which aren't bad for like a late night sip. Is this barley tea actually enjoyable or is it just something you're tolerating to ween off caffeine?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 22:54:14 »
Have only tried those coffee substitute drinks for a non-caffeinated alternative, which aren't bad for like a late night sip. Is this barley tea actually enjoyable or is it just something you're tolerating to ween off caffeine?

Mmm... it'd be easier to just try it.  but It's nothing like cheese where it straight up smells WRONG.