Author Topic: [IC] GMK Blue on Black (Bob, Subtitle "Signal") - 11/12 GB opened!  (Read 72532 times)

Offline avid

Re: [IC] GMK Blue on Black (Bob, Subtitle "Signal") - 14/10 Really Final Updated
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 07:31:00 »
Since you have IC for both this and burgundy, which one will you run first?

Offline cocobrais

Re: [IC] GMK Blue on Black (Bob, Subtitle "Signal") - 14/10 Really Final Updated
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 00:20:58 »
Since you have IC for both this and burgundy, which one will you run first?
Original plan is BOB first. Early this week I contacted to make US proxy but nowdays they are so busy. So they can't join this. Also yesterday I contacted to make a proxy for Burgundy in EU side and They accepted it.
I don't know what is first or same schedule. I will contact other proxy for this set. I expect to meet this soon.^^
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 October 2017, 10:06:22 by cocobrais »

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 01:29:45 »
Just find the US proxy. Hope to start soon.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 01:37:07 »

Amazing!

Offline avid

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 09:26:05 »

Very nice!  :thumb:

« Last Edit: Sun, 05 November 2017, 09:29:15 by avid »

Offline mudcakehoney

Re: [IC] GMK Blue on Black (Bob, Subtitle "Signal") - 05/11 Really Final Updated
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 06:17:03 »
I would be interested in this if it was made  :thumb:

Offline TeHao

Re: [IC] GMK Blue on Black (Bob, Subtitle "Signal") - 05/11 Really Final Updated
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 18:59:17 »
I can't wait for GB.
Nice color.

Offline cocobrais

3D renderings are uploaded! Nice!  :thumb:

Offline saucybulgogi

Looks awesome! So hyped for this set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline avid

Very nice!

Is GB close?

Offline cocobrais

Very nice!

Is GB close?
very closed. But I couldn't find the proxy. So in this set It will be progressed by myself. In next burgundy time, I hope to find the proxy. ^^

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
renders look nice
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline mbljs5555

Having missed out on Hydro... I think this will do for me! (':

Offline cocobrais

GB starting time is very close. I don't know how many members will join to reach MOQ. But I will try. See you soon.

Offline avid

GB starting time is very close. I don't know how many members will join to reach MOQ. But I will try. See you soon.

MOQ 150 right? Since you use standard color. The color V4 is really underused!

Offline cocobrais

MOQ 150 right? Since you use standard color. The color V4 is really underused!
Yes, MOQ is 150 set. And in my current plan, if 120 set will be reached by participants, I will absorb the 30 set in my pocket and progress. (not fixed but hope)

Offline makhuyatz

Im new on this hobby. But i really like this keyset.
How will the gb run?

Offline cocobrais

Im new on this hobby. But i really like this keyset.
How will the gb run?
GB will be progressed by myself in geekhack and I will make the form to join. And then if MOQ reached, I will send the paypal invoice.

Offline makhuyatz

Can't wait for the gb.
Please lets start this gb before 2018.  :D :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 November 2017, 23:08:40 by makhuyatz »

Offline cocobrais

Can't wait for the gb.
Please lets start this gb before 2018.  :D :thumb:
I will...before 2018. ;D

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
this looks great!

Offline makhuyatz

Are there keyboard cases that looks similar (aluminum or hard plastic) like in the rendered pictures?

Offline avid

Are there keyboard cases that looks similar (aluminum or hard plastic) like in the rendered pictures?

Here:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92333.0

If you want a budget alternative, Leopold FC980M

Offline cocobrais

Good news!
US proxy as Donutcat is just fixed.
EU proxy will be fixed as Candykeys. Still discussing but fixed soon.

Proxy system provides more convinient and cheaper than myself progress to many members.

Really close to start GB. Maybe GB will be started within 1 weeks. I hope that. :thumb:

Offline cocobrais

Just waiting the GB approval.  ;D

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

Is there pricing information available? Sorry, if this has been disclosed previously. I might have missed it.

Offline cocobrais

Is there pricing information available? Sorry, if this has been disclosed previously. I might have missed it.
US pricing is....base 129usd , led+spacebar 25usd.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

And the Icon Modi Kit?

Offline Atredl

And the Icon Modi Kit?
Isn’t icon mods the only option?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

And the Icon Modi Kit?

My bad, I am sorry, I got confused with Burgandy R2 that has the Icon Kit.

Offline cocobrais

And the Icon Modi Kit?

As you know, this set alreadt has Yuri Icon modi. Maybe this is your favor..^^

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

And the Icon Modi Kit?

As you know, this set alreadt has Yuri Icon modi. Maybe this is your favor..^^

Yeah I know Bob has Yuri Icons as well, but Burgandy's Modi kit comes in a gray color which is great. If only I'd have enough money to buy them all. All Coco's sets are great, even more the upcoming Happy one.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
I want in on this set maybe just to get the windowed capslock that will work on my Hydro set as well.  :))
-Dana

Offline cocobrais

I want in on this set maybe just to get the windowed capslock that will work on my Hydro set as well.  :))
Now I have been waiting approval of GB.  :D

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia

Isn’t hydro N9?

Offline makhuyatz

Im also waiting for the GB to start. Yey!   :cool:

Offline andysun

A real shame R3 Control isn't included :( Other icon-heavy sets have included it for completion (Cyan, 9009, hyperfuse redux) which really makes sense.

I guess I'm staying away from this one if my layout can't be perfect :P

EDIT: replaced "only" with "heavy"
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 December 2017, 09:00:25 by andysun »

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
A real shame R3 Control isn't included :( Other icon-heavy sets have included it for completion (Cyan, 9009, hyperfuse redux) which really makes sense.

I think the issue is that Yuri didn't include a R3 chevron ctrl key, so no legend plate exists for R3, so it would be like a novelty and cost extra.

Offline luismonterieart

• https://miluxkey.com
Blue on Black? Definitely a go for me!  :cool:
Explore our world at

· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MiluxKey

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

I think the issue is that Yuri didn't include a R3 chevron ctrl key, so no legend plate exists for R3, so it would be like a novelty and cost extra.

The R3 control mold and its legend (text version) exists

I am a user of control in place of the shift lock, but I do not think that an R3 with text legend goes well with a full icon set, therefore I support the designer decision to not include such key in the set.

Edit: I regret that some individuals consider its omission a reason enough to let a classic set like this to pass. While I understand that in her mind a "perfect" set is the one that meets all her personal requirements, she should consider that the set should follow a logic, in this case, having a full set of icons for the modifiers, thus, perfect in this framework is a set with only icons as legends for the mods.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 December 2017, 11:21:51 by ideus »

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia

Show Image

I am a user of control in place of the shift lock, but I do not think that an R3 with text legend goes well with a full icon set, therefore I support the designer decision to not include such key in the set.

Edit: I regret that some individuals consider its omission a reason enough to let a classic set like this to pass. While I understand that in her mind a "perfect" set is the one that meets all her personal requirements, she should consider that the set should follow a logic, in this case, having a full set of icons for the modifiers, thus, perfect in this framework is a set with only icons as legends for the mods.

And that’s why I was talking about an actual matching chevron key r3. Doing a text nod would be stupid. I know they exist as I always use them. But a single text modifier is horrible. If an icon isn’t doable, then this is the correct outcome.

Offline andysun

Show Image

I'm a he. I do understand the logic. But if I am to spend a significant amount of money on something, I rather spend it on something that makes sense for me and the usage I will give it. If the only option I have for that key is something related to caps lock, oh well... :rolleyes: I'm not a huge fan of this icon bottom row anyway even if I do appreciate the overall aesthetics of this set :) "Perfect" is mostly subjective, most of the time.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

Show Image

I'm a he. I do understand the logic. But if I am to spend a significant amount of money on something, I rather spend it on something that makes sense for me and the usage I will give it. If the only option I have for that key is something related to caps lock, oh well... :rolleyes: I'm not a huge fan of this icon bottom row anyway even if I do appreciate the overall aesthetics of this set :) "Perfect" is mostly subjective, most of the time.

I apologize for the gender bender, I meant she as in a persona, or individual. I agree that perfection is the eyes of the beholder, but here, the designer's choices should stick to a particular concept and as I said, I really regret people dropping a nice set like this because of a small detail. I am pretty sure they will regret not having it. People may become tired quickly due to strident color combinations as some other recent sets, or be ashamed to exhibit such colors at work, but a black based set is always elegant and you will never be tired of seeing at it.

Edit: I really liked the original ideas of having Control as a side printed option, but I know many here sincerely hate the side printing. If you are a HHKB user you may want to wait for the upcoming Coco's happy set, that covers that layout, by the way, I think that there the side printed Control was also dropped. I really like the icon mods so with the many options Coco is offered now I should make my mind regarding which buys I will join.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 December 2017, 16:26:46 by ideus »

Offline cocobrais

Show Image

I apologize for the gender bender, I meant she as in a persona, or individual. I agree that perfection is the eyes of the beholder, but here, the designer's choices should stick to a particular concept and as I said, I really regret people dropping a nice set like this because of a small detail. I am pretty sure they will regret not having it. People may become tired quickly due to strident color combinations as some other recent sets, or be ashamed to exhibit such colors at work, but a black based set is always elegant and you will never be tired of seeing at it.

Edit: I really liked the original ideas of having Control as a side printed option, but I know many here sincerely hate the side printing. If you are a HHKB user you may want to wait for the upcoming Coco's happy set, that covers that layout, by the way, I think that there the side printed Control was also dropped. I really like the icon mods so with the many options Coco is offered now I should make my mind regarding which buys I will join.
Thanks for your good feedback.
I have been watch the drop(or just reach min MOQ) of black based set but I also think that black based set is very nice. We have to think why we love the 9009 set? 9009 set is not gorgeous and just simple design  but not tired. This has basic color combination using OG cherry design and black based set with white legends also basic color combination. Just my design is blue legends on black based and I believe that blue legends will give a modern feel than OG cherry design. (Also YURI Icon)
As you mentioned before, in design history, I put the R3 control keys in base set. But this was not matched in full Icon design specially Yuri Icon. Many users see the Burgundy R2 Modi Kit. Its R3 control side pad printing was also deleted because of same reason. Just HHKB set is including R3 control side printing because this set has also tab side printing. If not considered tab side printing, maybe R3 control side printing of this set also deleted.   

Always I have been considering designs to give a satisfactions to many users but it is so hard.
Currently I requested the approval GB and still waiting and I believe this set will hit MOQ 150. (FYI, I plan to make this set as only 150 set. limited qty.)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

I guess I'm staying away from this one if my layout can't be perfect :p

Show Image

I'm a he. I do understand the logic. But if I am to spend a significant amount of money on something, I rather spend it on something that makes sense for me and the usage I will give it. If the only option I have for that key is something related to caps lock, oh well... ::) I'm not a huge fan of this icon bottom row anyway even if I do appreciate the overall aesthetics of this set :) "Perfect" is mostly subjective, most of the time.

Thanks for your good feedback.
I have been watch the drop(or just reach min MOQ) of black based set but I also think that black based set is very nice. We have to think why we love the 9009 set? 9009 set is not gorgeous and just simple design  but not tired. This has basic color combination using OG cherry design and black based set with white legends also basic color combination. Just my design is blue legends on black based and I believe that blue legends will give a modern feel than OG cherry design. (Also YURI Icon)
As you mentioned before, in design history, I put the R3 control keys in base set. But this was not matched in full Icon design specially Yuri Icon. Many users see the Burgundy R2 Modi Kit. Its R3 control side pad printing was also deleted because of same reason. Just HHKB set is including R3 control side printing because this set has also tab side printing. If not considered tab side printing, maybe R3 control side printing of this set also deleted.   

Always I have been considering designs to give a satisfactions to many users but it is so hard.
Currently I requested the approval GB and still waiting and I believe this set will hit MOQ 150. (FYI, I plan to make this set as only 150 set. limited qty.)

I'd prefer the set with both side printed legends, control and capslock, but I will join your happy set anyways.

Offline cocobrais

Re: [IC] GMK Blue on Black (Bob, Subtitle "Signal") - Waiting GB approval.
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 17:23:12 »
Last Thursday I made GB approval but not yet approved.

But I can inform you guys information about US proxy and EU proxy.

United States(also handling whole countries excepting EU and Korea) : https://donutcables.com/product/gmk-blue-on-black-gb/
Europe : https://www.candykeys.com
Korea : http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=4885028&mid=board_gb_outside

Candykeys maybe today will be opened...

I hope that moderators will see my thread soon and approve  GB.

Offline poolside

Re: [IC] GMK Blue on Black (Bob, Subtitle "Signal") - 11/12 GB information update
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 17:50:55 »
How long will the GB run?

Offline cocobrais

Re: [IC] GMK Blue on Black (Bob, Subtitle "Signal") - 11/12 GB information update
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 17:53:48 »
How long will the GB run?
End of this year. You can find information on main page more details.

Offline poolside

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 17:59:45 »
Thanks, I forgot to check the first post for updates.

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 18:01:34 »
Thanks, I forgot to check the first post for updates.
No problem! I hope that this set is your favor set. ;D