Author Topic: [GB] Sarokeys BSUN BCP Switch (Concluded and is constantly instock)  (Read 71848 times)

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
301258-0

Discord:https://discord.gg/xprJb8Ta26

Hi everyone, this is Dashan from Unikeys. I am bringing you something very unique from BSUN this time. As you can see in the heading, we are having a BSUN version of the BCP switches coming up, and I am here to show you more details about this switch. Regarding whether it can be seen as a close substitute for the original BCP switches, I will leave that to you to decide.

Price
The price of the BSUN BCP switches will be around 0.55 USD per switch.
As most of you are aware, one of the biggest "issues" related to the original BCP switch is its price. In short, you will need to buy three separate switches in order to franken it; Let's say you are going with the classic Cherry mx top, Cream stem, and H1 bottom combo, the rough estimated price you will need to pay is around 1.5 USD per original BCP. If you downgrade a little and go with JWICK black switch bottom, the cost of one BCP switch is still around 1.2 USD. The BSUN BCP is lowering the cost to more than half of the original BCP, but is it more than half good when compared to the original ones?

Switch Specifications
Switch type: Linear
Designer: Sarokeys (Designer of the Strawberry Wine switches)
Manufacturer: BSUN/YOK
Stem material: Modified POM S9
Top and Bottom Housings: PA66
Operating Force: 51g
Bottom-out Force: 57g
Pre-travel: 1.3mm
Total Travel: 3.2mm
Spring: 20mm Single Stage Extended
Factory Lubed: Yes! On spring, stem feet, and stem sliders

The BSUN BCP

Overall, the BSUN BCP switch has pretty similar (but not exactly the same) specs as the original BCP. Material-wise, the housing material is still Nylon, and the stem material is POM. One small difference is the BSUN BCP's stem is made of POM S9, a modified POM material created by BSUN to increase the smoothness of the stem.

Regarding the pre-travel and total travel distance, the BSUN BCP comes a bit longer than the original one. The original BCP has a pre-travel of 1.1mm and a total travel of 3.1mm which may seem a bit too aggressive even by today's standard. Sarokeys modified the travel distance and made the BSUN BCP a switch with 1.3mm pre-travel and 3.2mm total travel.

If you ask me do they sound the same? From my subjective perspective, the BSUN BCP is just a tat bit lower pitched than the original ones. Also, because the BSUN BCP comes with a smoother POM stem, you are not going to hear the iconic scratch sound like you do on an original BCP.

The typing feel of the two switches is super similar to each other though. Even though the travel distances are different, I can hardly feel it when comparing them head to head. They both have that harsh and short bottom-out feel.

However, these are just my personal subjective feelings and experiences. Please stay tuned for reviews and sound tests from other switch experts as I believe more references are always a good thing.
In general, I would say the BSUN BCPs are great switches coming at the price point of around 50 cents. They are 90-95% similar to the original BCPs in my opinion, and the most evident difference between them is the scratch feeling and sound.

Pictures Showing Differences (The one on the left is the original BCP)
301260-1
301262-2
301264-3
301266-4
301270-5
301268-6

Form of Sales
In-stock In-stock In-stock

Time of Sales
August 4th, 8PM EST

Vendor List

Global: Unikeyboards: https://unikeyboards.com/
Singapore: KTechs: https://ktechs.store/

301272-7
301274-8
301276-9
301278-10
301280-11
301282-12
301284-13

« Last Edit: Thu, 07 September 2023, 13:26:00 by DashanYYY »

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
Re: [GB] Sarokeys BSUN BCP Switch/Second batch live on Aug 13th
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 13 August 2023, 18:01:32 »
Hi every body, the second batch of the Sarokeys BCP switch will be live on August 14th at 08:00 PM ET. Join our discord for future updates

Offline CONIN

• Choripán Squad
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 14 August 2023, 14:14:17 »
Hi every body, the second batch of the Sarokeys BCP switch will be live on August 14th at 08:00 PM ET.
I'll keep an eye on the website, hope I'm lucky enough to grab some!

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 14 August 2023, 16:24:04 »
Hi every body, the second batch of the Sarokeys BCP switch will be live on August 14th at 08:00 PM ET.
I'll keep an eye on the website, hope I'm lucky enough to grab some!

We doubled the quantity this time. It shouldn't be out of stock as quick as last time lol. Good luck!

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
Re: [GB] Sarokeys BSUN BCP Switch (Concluded and is constantly instock)
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 16 September 2023, 17:10:12 »
Both 55g and 47g version restocked

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
Re: [GB] Sarokeys BSUN BCP Switch (Concluded and is constantly instock)
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 18 October 2023, 16:55:31 »
Newest batch restocked