Author Topic: [GB] Alpine Winter (Shipping Replacements)  (Read 2272113 times)

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
Re: [GB] Alpine Winter (Shipping Replacements)
« Reply #1100 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 13:43:13 »
Hi, folks. This reply is long overdue and for that I offer a sincere apology.

I kept telling myself, "I'll post an update as soon as I make some more progress." But as the weeks go by, the group buy just becomes that thing that's never going to get done, and in my mind the urgency wanes in light of whatever other urgent thing has popped up in front of it.

I'm not here to offer excuses because I don't think anyone here cares about that. I just wanted to tell you all that your keycaps are still here, they're safe, and I've got eleven days of vacation I have to use up this month, during which time I'm going to do my best to get as many orders out as possible.

I haven't been keeping up with the thread and at this point I'm kind of afraid to scroll back and see what stuff has (justifiably) been said about me. I'm just going to focus on shipping caps.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline joey

« Reply #1101 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 13:44:23 »
Just keep us updated!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1102 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 13:48:33 »
I'm kind of afraid to scroll back and see what stuff has (justifiably) been said about me.

Halverson said you have a small weiner..

Offline geniekid

« Reply #1103 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 14:14:07 »
Thanks for the update.  Sorry this turned into so much work.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1104 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 14:19:10 »

I kept telling myself, "I'll post an update as soon as I make some more progress." But as the weeks go by, the group buy just becomes that thing that's never going to get done, and in my mind the urgency wanes in light of whatever other urgent thing has popped up in front of it.

I'm not here to offer excuses because I don't think anyone here cares about that. I just wanted to tell you all that your keycaps are still here, they're safe, and I've got eleven days of vacation I have to use up this month, during which time I'm going to do my best to get as many orders out as possible.

I haven't been keeping up with the thread and at this point I'm kind of afraid to scroll back and see what stuff has (justifiably) been said about me. I'm just going to focus on shipping caps.

Communication is key. Action is just as good, but the two go hand in hand.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #1105 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 15:33:46 »
HE LIVESSS!!

Offline infodroid

« Reply #1106 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 16:01:43 »

Thanks for explaining what is happening.

If you need help with anything then please don't hesitate to ask...

Many have volunteered to help out, and many more would step up if you ask for it!

Offline engicoder

« Reply #1107 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 16:05:46 »
Thanks for honest update.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #1108 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 05:24:48 »
Any chance you can hire someone to do this job? I'm more than willing to pay to get this done quickly.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1109 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 22:37:28 »
Thanks for the update nj

Offline Tyr

« Reply #1110 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 06:48:40 »

Welcome back  :thumb:

Offline derpingit

« Reply #1111 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 16:29:11 »
just got invoiced for replacements.. hope all is well now. hopes up, now.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1112 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 16:34:23 »
Invoices have been sent out to all remaining CONUS orders. That means if you live in the USA and you haven't seen an invoice from me in your email, now would be a good time to PM me.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline joey

« Reply #1113 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 16:35:25 »
I might sell my spot from this, not particularly interested in building an Alps board.
PM me if you're interested.

EDIT:
I have enough PMs for now, will respond to people soon.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 December 2016, 17:07:37 by joey »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1114 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 16:45:11 »
I might sell my spot from this, not particularly interested in building an Alps board.

Darn. Too bad my board uses Alps stabs only.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #1115 on: Fri, 09 December 2016, 12:14:04 »

Been there, done that  :thumb:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=70817.msg1858082#msg1858082

Just snag a set of costar inserts from somewhere and you are good to go.  I am not sure if the costar wires fit in the alps wire holders, I just used the stock wires from the board I changed over.  Do note that it may be hard to get replacement wires if you choose to change back.  They are easy to make if you find the right diameter wire.
http://www.switchtop.com/product/costar-stabilizers-and-keycap-inserts
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keyboard-parts/cherry-mx-keycap-stabilizer-insert-2pcs.html
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1116 on: Fri, 09 December 2016, 12:38:57 »

Been there, done that  :thumb:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=70817.msg1858082#msg1858082

Just snag a set of costar inserts from somewhere and you are good to go.  I am not sure if the costar wires fit in the alps wire holders, I just used the stock wires from the board I changed over.  Do note that it may be hard to get replacement wires if you choose to change back.  They are easy to make if you find the right diameter wire.
http://www.switchtop.com/product/costar-stabilizers-and-keycap-inserts
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keyboard-parts/cherry-mx-keycap-stabilizer-insert-2pcs.html

Oh! That's FANTASTIC to know! Now I can use them for my board! Yay!!!

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1117 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 16:41:45 »
Most of the shipping invoices I sent out last week have been paid, so tomorrow morning I'm going to print out shipping labels for those orders and drop them off to the post office. If you want your CONUS order to ship tomorrow, please pay ASAP.

Hopefully I'll have time later in the day to start getting shipping quotes for international orders and send out some invoices for those. I'll keep you all updated.

My boards:
More

Offline joey

« Reply #1118 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 16:58:55 »
Just PM'd you about selling spots in the GB.

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #1119 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 17:13:14 »
Are there any CONUS spot available?

Offline eksuen

« Reply #1120 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 17:16:23 »
Most of the shipping invoices I sent out last week have been paid, so tomorrow morning I'm going to print out shipping labels for those orders and drop them off to the post office. If you want your CONUS order to ship tomorrow, please pay ASAP.

Hopefully I'll have time later in the day to start getting shipping quotes for international orders and send out some invoices for those. I'll keep you all updated.

Maybe they are suspicious. When I got that invoice, my first reaction was "what the hell is this? I didn't ask for any IT consulting." It took me a minute to figure out what it was for.  :))

Offline E3E

« Reply #1121 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 18:54:46 »

Paid! Hope to see them soon, and it's good to see you back, NJ.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1122 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 09:42:11 »

Maybe they are suspicious. When I got that invoice, my first reaction was "what the hell is this? I didn't ask for any IT consulting." It took me a minute to figure out what it was for.  :))

There's only a few. But I anticipated that might be an issue, so I made sure Alpine Winter was the first part of the subject line, and I put my username in there as well.

My boards:
More

Offline eksuen

« Reply #1123 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 23:06:06 »
Got my set today. Was a spacebar supposed to be included or omitted in the replacements? I didn't get one in the replacement package.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1124 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 23:14:49 »
Got my set today. Was a spacebar supposed to be included or omitted in the replacements? I didn't get one in the replacement package.

Nope. The space bars were not affected by the production issues so SP did not furnish replacements.

My boards:
More

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1125 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 23:18:44 »
If anyone does need spacebars, looks like SP has em in stock

http://pimpmykeyboard.com/dcs-alps-mount-space-bar-pack-of-1/

Offline eksuen

« Reply #1126 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 23:20:21 »

Nope. The space bars were not affected by the production issues so SP did not furnish replacements.
Ah, I figured. Thanks for the confirmation.

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #1127 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 17:08:56 »
My replacement set just came in. Thank you so much nj!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1128 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 18:04:55 »
I initially glossed over the shipping invoice, then held off on paying due to inactivity in the thread.  I've just paid mine.  :thumb:

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1129 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 20:59:12 »
Quick update, I'm going to start getting quotes for international shipping on Tuesday. I'm honestly not sure how long that's going to take but I hope I can get through a good number of them in a day and get those invoices out the door.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My boards:
More

Offline Tyr

« Reply #1130 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 09:00:37 »
Quick update, I'm going to start getting quotes for international shipping on Tuesday. I'm honestly not sure how long that's going to take but I hope I can get through a good number of them in a day and get those invoices out the door.

Huzzah !  :thumb:

Offline geniekid

« Reply #1131 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 09:19:07 »
Received my set.  Thanks!

Offline E3E

« Reply #1132 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 17:25:28 »
Got mine in. Thanks for coming around again, NJ. No need to hide in shame! You're doing good things, my man. It's always better to hear from someone than to hide away because you feel embarrassed. 

I know that logic though. Kind of just wanting to lie low because you think you'll be able to handle it soon, but then soon becomes later, and later becomes very drawn out, and yeeeeah.

Good luck with the international orders!

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #1133 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 20:25:08 »
njbair, if you need help with international orders, please let me know, I would like that international buyers get their caps as soon as possible.  I am disappointed to see that not everyone has received their caps, as I received mine a couple months ago and forgot about the thread.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
  • Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
« Reply #1134 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 12:44:09 »
My order came in today. Thanks for all your work on this njbair!

Offline derpingit

« Reply #1135 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 12:45:18 »
Yup. Mine came last week . thanks, njbar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline joey

« Reply #1136 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 14:37:11 »
Sold my set. Sorry I didn't see this GB through to the end!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1137 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 17:37:03 »
Interested in buying this set if anyone wants to part with it down the road

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1138 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 19:56:28 »
International buyers, check your PMs. You should have received a shipping quote from me today.

My boards:
More

Offline kinglukas38

• Do you even tactile?
« Reply #1139 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 19:58:19 »
International buyers, check your PMs. You should have received a shipping quote from me today.
Woo paid :)
I've never done it before, but I'm pretty sure I'm good at it

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1140 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 20:52:10 »
Received and paid intl' shipping invoice :D

Can't wait to get mine!

Offline axtran

« Reply #1141 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 06:30:39 »
Hmm, I'm a US buyer and paid invoice, can you PM me a status update? :)
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline menuhin

« Reply #1142 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 07:26:53 »
It is possibly the best Alps keycap set produced in recent years - the color, the profile, and the selection of keys to include.

I wonder if there is any possibility to have a re-run of this GB in the future.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1143 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 08:57:53 »
It is possibly the best Alps keycap set produced in recent years - the color, the profile, and the selection of keys to include.

I was thinking that we could tally up the final numbers as proof of a solid/moneymaking set for SP, but I suppose they have those numbers.  Maybe we could beg and plead for a second run??  I don't know how to contact them anymore because the website seems to make it apparent that they don't want casual feedback.  I'll post on their Facebook maybe.  Surely no harm no foul there.

I'm still holding out for Lightcycle to make a run in 2017, but Alpine Winter would be a nice treat. 

Offline joey

« Reply #1144 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 08:58:50 »

I was thinking that we could tally up the final numbers as proof of a solid/moneymaking set for SP, but I suppose they have those numbers.  Maybe we could beg and plead for a second run??  I don't know how to contact them anymore because the website seems to make it apparent that they don't want casual feedback anymore.

I'm still holding out for Lightcycle to make a run in 2017, but Alpine Winter would be a nice treat.
You don't need to contact SP to try get them to run it. Someone here in the community can start an IC/GB for it.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #1145 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 09:08:12 »

I was thinking that we could tally up the final numbers as proof of a solid/moneymaking set for SP, but I suppose they have those numbers.  Maybe we could beg and plead for a second run??  I don't know how to contact them anymore because the website seems to make it apparent that they don't want casual feedback.  I'll post on their Facebook maybe.  Surely no harm no foul there.

I just contacted SP yesterday asking them the availability of even just a blank set for Alps switches.
They replied quickly saying that they do not have such an item in their inventory, not for DSA, not for DCS, of course not for SA (how can these giant caps mount on Alps switches??)

Lightcycle is also a nice set but it is a DSA set which is good for smaller boards.
If I have to propose an Alps set be available in SP inventory for a longer run, it would be Alpine Winter or its extension kits. The Alps DCS Infinity modifier kit is nice to have but looking at the choice of color, Alpine Winter has to be better.
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #1146 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 10:14:23 »

I just contacted SP yesterday asking them the availability of even just a blank set for Alps switches.
They replied quickly saying that they do not have such an item in their inventory, not for DSA, not for DCS, of course not for SA (how can these giant caps mount on Alps switches??)

Lightcycle is also a nice set but it is a DSA set which is good for smaller boards.
If I have to propose an Alps set be available in SP inventory for a longer run, it would be Alpine Winter or its extension kits. The Alps DCS Infinity modifier kit is nice to have but looking at the choice of color, Alpine Winter has to be better.
Alpine Winter is meant to be a more modern color pallete.  The goal of the infinity mods kit was to be a more classic color so that it would better match whatever classic alpha kit you chose to pair it with. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline menuhin

« Reply #1147 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 10:42:18 »
For me, without either of those two sets, will be fine to have any of them.
It's true, it seems the Alps DCS Infinity mods kit may match better with those PBT caps.

More
Alps Infinity mods kit

Alpine Winter kit

More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1148 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 11:59:33 »
As of today, about half of the international buyers have paid their shipping costs. There are also a handful of CONUS buyers who have paid their invoices since my last trip to the post office.

My plan is to print labels and get these orders out early next week (probably Tuesday). So if you haven't paid yet and you want your order to go out next week, you have a few more days.

My boards:
More

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #1149 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 13:21:33 »
Great news! Thanks :)