Author Topic: [GB] (COMPLETED!) Nantucket Selectric  (Read 450138 times)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
Re: [GB] (CLOSED!) Nantucket Selectric
« Reply #600 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 17:28:21 »
I just got an update from Melissa- they're running a couple days behind, but will be ready to ship on Tuesday. An extra 2 work days is not bad considering we've had the estimated date for at least 4 months now. I wish I could plan my work so far ahead with such precision.  :cool:

Assuming the package(s) go out on Wednesday, and UPS takes the normal amount of time, I should have them in hand by the next Friday. From there we (my wife and I) will be breaking them down into ready-to-ship orders and weighing them. Shipping invoices will go out as we get individual orders weighed and ready to ship.

Better get those barnacles scraped, hoist the mainsail, and ensure your vessel is seaworthy, because Nantucket Selectric sets sail soon.
Exciting news! I cannot wait :D

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #601 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 17:39:07 »
i'm set up with basically everything but the wooden case for this - seriously can't wait

Offline kenlee

« Reply #602 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 18:39:08 »
nice job !! Happy to hear this news...

Offline harlw

« Reply #603 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 21:33:19 »
Rawk :D
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline krisst

« Reply #604 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 00:11:44 »
Hopefully we are able to add a few more blank keys to the order before shipping the order to buyers. Since we need to pay for shipping cost once the order is ready, adding those additional blank keys into the invoice should be doable.

As this GB is before VE.A order, I missed out on ordering the 2.75u and 2u blank key as spacebars. Preferably yellow. Blue will work too.

skullydazed please let us know if we are able to do that, if you have those addition stock. Thank you!

Offline Zophos

« Reply #605 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 00:37:30 »
At this point is there a way to grab a set?

Offline krisst

« Reply #606 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 05:07:52 »

Wait for this keycap set to ship. There might be extra sets for sale on http://clueboard.co/

Offline Zophos

« Reply #607 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 05:49:12 »

Wait for this keycap set to ship. There might be extra sets for sale on http://clueboard.co/

Thanks!

Offline bbrotha

« Reply #608 on: Fri, 02 September 2016, 15:05:51 »
I have my wooden ergodox case ready for this set, I bet it'd look amazing!
Norbaforce 87U 45g  -- HHKB Type S Blanks-- Kira Keyboard -- M65-A -- Novatouch

Offline jjnist

« Reply #609 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 19:02:34 »
I just got an update from Melissa- they're running a couple days behind, but will be ready to ship on Tuesday. An extra 2 work days is not bad considering we've had the estimated date for at least 4 months now. I wish I could plan my work so far ahead with such precision.  :cool:

Assuming the package(s) go out on Wednesday, and UPS takes the normal amount of time, I should have them in hand by the next Friday. From there we (my wife and I) will be breaking them down into ready-to-ship orders and weighing them. Shipping invoices will go out as we get individual orders weighed and ready to ship.

Better get those barnacles scraped, hoist the mainsail, and ensure your vessel is seaworthy, because Nantucket Selectric sets sail soon.

Thanks for all the work you put into this GB Skully (and Skully's wife too)

Offline Jedi

« Reply #610 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 23:12:21 »
Please do give us a few pics on a clueboard whenever you have a chance after they come in.  Not that we're in a hurry to see this awesome set but since they'll be sorting for a bit  :p

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #611 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 23:59:39 »
That's so awesome news

Sent from a payphone in 1986

Offline hoq

• wolfmark.work
« Reply #612 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 02:20:48 »

Can't wait to get a base and a DC kit!

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #613 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 11:01:13 »
Did you start shipping Skully? I got a package tracking I can't figure out

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #614 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 11:05:50 »

Cannot imagine they did considering shipping hasn't been paid for yet by the buyers.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #615 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 12:16:03 »

Cannot imagine they did considering shipping hasn't been paid for yet by the buyers.
Oh, my bad. Thank you for the information

Offline depreshun

• Reddit: risingremains
« Reply #616 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 19:08:51 »
Will there be heads up before extras are added to the site?

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #617 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 19:15:29 »
Will there be heads up before extras are added to the site?
Good question. I need to snag a Planck kit.

Offline pwade3

« Reply #618 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 15:11:42 »
Yeah, would def like to know likelihood of getting my hands on a 7u spacebar, need to decide whether or not to try and snag a specialty set..

Offline lwslade401

« Reply #619 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 14:10:15 »
Looks like SP updated their status page! It now says Nantucket Selectric is shipping (presumably to Skully) on 9/9.

Offline Zettawrath

« Reply #620 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 14:13:39 »
I'm actually just camping this thread for the big reveal I need to see this keyset so much.

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #621 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 14:22:44 »
Are adapter kits gonna be sold in the store / does anyone have a spare adapter kit?
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 September 2016, 14:38:07 by WOMBO »

Offline Zettawrath

« Reply #622 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 14:30:05 »
Are add-on kits gonna be sold in the store / does anyone have a spare add-on kit?

I think it depends on what you are after Im pretty sure that skully ordered a lot extra of cape cod

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #623 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 14:38:21 »
Oops wasn't paying attention, meant adapter kit haha.

Offline hapns

« Reply #624 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 15:30:55 »
I'm actually just camping this thread for the big reveal I need to see this keyset so much.
Yeah I've had this thread open at work for hours...

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #625 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 20:33:52 »
Hey guys,
I just missed this group buy so now i wanna find someone can transfer the order to me. I can pay a bit higher for that. Please shot me a pm
I need a tkl base set  , homing keys, ergodox set, specialty key add-on , cape code , amity island.
Thank guys

Yah I am sad I missed this set by about a month:( Oh well, maybe next time unless somebody has a TKL they want to sell the spot for!

I recently and sadly (like so many others before me) have decided that SA is not for me. I will be parting with my set (Base, Numpad, Homing, Amity Island, Cape Cod, Yellow and Red spacebars, and yellow blank gamer keys).

If you would rather let me dole out sets and not have to deal with selling your spot yourself I'm happy to refund you (or anyone else.) I'm keeping a waiting of people who would like to get in on the buy. (PM if you want to be on that list.)

If you'd rather sell the spot yourself I'm cool with that too. In order to successfully transfer the order I will need to get a PM or email from both buyer and seller. Anyone buying someone else's spot in the group buy will be responsible for shipping costs, so please make sure the buyer knows that.

NS isn't my highest priority right now, so please be patient if you're asking me about any of this. When it gets closer to shipping time I will again be very responsive to NS requests, but for now I'm focusing on the other cool stuff I'm doing. :)

In other news... no news is good news! We continue to wait for manufacturing to happen and until production starts we won't have a firm idea of whether the 8/31 date will be met. So far every indication is that PuLSe and 1976 are on track, so I expect that shipping invoicing will happen in September as planned.

Skully, I'm already in for the plank and amity island kit. I'd love to pick up a homing set, cape cod, and anyone else's specialty kit.

Offline depreshun

« Reply #626 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 21:10:50 »

Same here man, I want to get a base, specialties and numpad, hoping they won't go too fast  :(

Offline Hypocaffeinic

« Reply #627 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 21:34:46 »
I missed out as well, I joined here a little too late. Will any extra sets be listed on the SP site, or somewhere else?

Offline depreshun

« Reply #628 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 22:04:18 »
I missed out as well, I joined here a little too late. Will any extra sets be listed on the SP site, or somewhere else?

Pretty sure it'll go up on clueboard.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #629 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 22:33:37 »
Nantucket Selectric (SA) - Complete - Shipping 9/9.

Offline Hypocaffeinic

« Reply #630 on: Sat, 10 September 2016, 00:04:49 »

Pretty sure it'll go up on clueboard.

Thank you! Time for obsessive refreshments...  ;D

Offline skullydazed

• Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
« Reply #631 on: Sat, 10 September 2016, 12:50:41 »
Hi Everyone!

As some have noticed, it's finally shipping to me! I expect to receive it next week and begin packing orders immediately. Here's just one of the ways I've been preparing:

I've also been working on the shipping payment and tracking system. Within the next few days I'll post the first version to the https://nantucket.clueboard.co/ website. If you still have your invoice email from last February your invoice URL will continue to work. If you do not have that don't panic! In the next few days you will receive an email with updates and a link to your order status page.

While reconciling payments I've discovered a few irregularities, and I'm having to change a couple things to make my accountant happy. In the end, they all work out in your favor.

First, I know you think you've paid for your set(s) but you haven't. You've merely paid a deposit for your set(s). This is an important distinction that allows me to save some people a few bucks.

Second, some people ended up under-paying their deposit due to a mistake I made calculating the price. The good news is that none of you owe any more for the set(s) themselves. The only money you'll be asked to pay is for shipping charges, same as everyone else. Effectively you lucked into a discount. :)

Third, some people ended up over-paying their deposit. This will reduce the balance of your shipping charges to make up for the overpayment.

Fourth, if you are in California your sales tax burden has been reduced. I originally calculated that as 10% because I didn't want to worry about where you live. My accountant has instead moved me to the method where we calculate sales tax based on where Clueboard is operating, so you only owe 8.75%. The additional 1.75% will be applied to your shipping costs.

Last, but certainly not least, I will be adding an optional Geekhack Donation field. If you'd like to make a donation to Geekhack at the same time you pay for your Nantucket Selectric order you may do so here. ~97% of the money donated here will go to Geekhack, with the rest going toward paypal/credit card fees.

Prepare to board, Ladies and Gentleman, we set sail soon.

Offline HouseofSuffering

« Reply #632 on: Sat, 10 September 2016, 13:16:10 »
Awwwwww yissss!

Offline Armstrong01

« Reply #633 on: Sat, 10 September 2016, 14:58:13 »
I will be adding an optional Geekhack Donation field.

You should set up a Skully the Captain donation button as well. I'd be willing to spare a few bucks directly to you since we'll be sending a payment for the shipping anyways. Your design and GB has been a pleasure to be a part of. Or at least I hope you're profiting from the GB, you've spent a lot of time on it.. Doing a service to the community is great, but everyone needs to feed themselves..
Planck | Pok3r ISO-UK | Ducky Premier ANSI-US

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #634 on: Sat, 10 September 2016, 15:43:10 »
^

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #635 on: Sat, 10 September 2016, 15:58:14 »
You should set up a Skully the Captain donation button as well. I'd be willing to spare a few bucks directly to you since we'll be sending a payment for the shipping anyways. Your design and GB has been a pleasure to be a part of. Or at least I hope you're profiting from the GB, you've spent a lot of time on it.. Doing a service to the community is great, but everyone needs to feed themselves..

I appreciate the sentiment. Every GB organizer puts a lot of time and money into these, and we should be asking this question to make sure that people don't overstretch themselves or do too much uncompensated work.

For Nantucket Selectric I baked in 5-10% extra on the key sets themselves to hedge against unforeseen problems. Some of that gets sopped up by things like the calculation mistake early in the paying process, but any money left over will go into the Clueboard business. I also have the retail sets to sell, and the GB helped me to get a lower price for those. Bottom line is while it's probably less than minimum wage on an hourly basis I do get some money from the GB.

More importantly I hope I'm demonstrating my ability to run these. There have been delays and mistakes like any group buy, but I've enjoyed the process and hope to run many more in the future. As time goes on the software I write to automate the process will improve, and that will translate into less time invested per group buy (and higher quality results.)

And if you'd like to do more, I have a online store (https://shop.clueboard.co/) and sell custom keyboards that would look fantastic with Nantucket Selectric. :D

Offline Hypocaffeinic

« Reply #636 on: Sat, 10 September 2016, 16:24:10 »
It's fantastic to see such attention to detail and transparency in group buy administration. I've seen threads for older GBs that have gone sour, and for those who have been burnt in the past this must be greatly reassuring and a good thing for the community. Will definitely ensure I'm in on the next one! :thumb:

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #637 on: Sat, 10 September 2016, 17:54:42 »

I appreciate the sentiment. Every GB organizer puts a lot of time and money into these, and we should be asking this question to make sure that people don't overstretch themselves or do too much uncompensated work.

For Nantucket Selectric I baked in 5-10% extra on the key sets themselves to hedge against unforeseen problems. Some of that gets sopped up by things like the calculation mistake early in the paying process, but any money left over will go into the Clueboard business. I also have the retail sets to sell, and the GB helped me to get a lower price for those. Bottom line is while it's probably less than minimum wage on an hourly basis I do get some money from the GB.

More importantly I hope I'm demonstrating my ability to run these. There have been delays and mistakes like any group buy, but I've enjoyed the process and hope to run many more in the future. As time goes on the software I write to automate the process will improve, and that will translate into less time invested per group buy (and higher quality results.)

And if you'd like to do more, I have a online store (https://shop.clueboard.co/) and sell custom keyboards that would look fantastic with Nantucket Selectric. :D

Hey there Skully, I (think) I PM'd you a few weeks ago about an address change, but I never heard back. I'd just like to check, in case that was missed. (If you've already printed my shipping slip, I'd be happy to repay for shipping if need be.)

Also, any chance you have a spare ergodox mod set? If at all possible, I would LOVE to add that to my order, as I just got my hands on an ergodox infinity.

Thanks!

(Oh, and if there is somewhere that all you wonderful geekhack people know of that I should be contacting skully through other than the forum, please let me know!)

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #638 on: Sat, 10 September 2016, 21:16:30 »
Hey there Skully, I (think) I PM'd you a few weeks ago about an address change, but I never heard back. I'd just like to check, in case that was missed. (If you've already printed my shipping slip, I'd be happy to repay for shipping if need be.)

Also, any chance you have a spare ergodox mod set? If at all possible, I would LOVE to add that to my order, as I just got my hands on an ergodox infinity.

Thanks!

(Oh, and if there is somewhere that all you wonderful geekhack people know of that I should be contacting skully through other than the forum, please let me know!)

You probably did, and I probably haven't answered it. :( I'm in a hole on my geekhack PM's, best way to get a response is to email info@clueboard.co.

Offline Erysichthon

« Reply #639 on: Sun, 11 September 2016, 16:41:52 »
Just waiting on the aluminum plate and my Nantucket Clueboard will be ready to set sail!  ;)

Offline salasource

« Reply #640 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 02:24:06 »
Just waiting on the aluminum plate and my Nantucket Clueboard will be ready to set sail!  ;)
Same here. Would be cool if it would be possible to combine shipping with Nantucket keycaps, clueboard pcb and alu plate.

Offline mou2134

« Reply #641 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 09:25:55 »
Hi skully,how many sets will there be in clueboard website?

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #642 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 12:23:18 »

Offline MrDaddio

« Reply #643 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 13:35:39 »
Great news,
Excited to try my luck at getting a set off your website!

Offline pwade3

« Reply #644 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 13:48:57 »
"Multiple Packages: 18"

Sweet jesus, good luck Skully!

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #645 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 14:59:28 »

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #646 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 15:11:31 »

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #647 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 06:52:12 »

Offline stillzman

« Reply #648 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 07:56:26 »
can't wait for my set! need a board to go with it now...

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #649 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 10:20:42 »
17 of the boxes now say this:

The last one looks like this:

Hopefully that last one is just a few TKL sets so we can see everything today. :)