Author Topic: [GB] Mekanisk Klippe and keyboard parts!  (Read 48324 times)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
[GB] Mekanisk Klippe and keyboard parts!
« on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 00:39:36 »
I have a pre order page here where you can see all the products and prices.

This time you can either buy the Klippe, a premium package or induvidual parts.

The extremely limited GON PCBs are also available:
https://mekanisk.co/collections/pre-order/products/copy-of-pcb-gon-nerd60-mekanisk-limited-edition

Prices:

KLIPPE PREMIUM KIT
$249

KLIPPE (only case)
$169

Mekanisk Nerd60 limited edition
$65

Brass plates
$35

Keyboard stabilisers
$10

Carbon fiber plates
$39

Let me know if there are any questions.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 December 2017, 14:11:37 by LeandreN »

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Re: [GB] Mekanisk Klippe and keyboard parts!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 09:32:08 »
Approval bump  :thumb:

As always, caveat emptor.

Even though your GB has prices on the website, please add all the relevant issue to the OP for ease of access for GB participants.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 03:32:32 »
Approval bump  :thumb:

As always, caveat emptor.

Even though your GB has prices on the website, please add all the relevant issue to the OP for ease of access for GB participants.

sure ill do so, thanks

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 14:14:36 »
Ordered a two brass plates and a Mekanisk Grey Klippe which is gonna be great.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 15:11:41 »
So when you say limited GON pcb, do you mean I need to hurry up and decide, or will you be able to purchase one up until the end of the GB?

Offline Peiweisgreat

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 18:14:02 »
Do you have a picture of the blue case by chance?

Offline Marutks

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 05:11:53 »
Why can't manufacturers or LeandreN install TMK on GON PCB's before selling them?
I have to use MacOS at work.  I don't use Windows.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 06:01:13 »
Why can't manufacturers or LeandreN install TMK on GON PCB's before selling them?
Manufacturers, meaning GON, provide their hardware with their software, so it's out of the question.
You would also lose official support with that modification which is irreversible.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 06:40:08 »
So when you say limited GON pcb, do you mean I need to hurry up and decide, or will you be able to purchase one up until the end of the GB?

Up until the end of the gb

Offline energyd

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 09:09:10 »
pic of the white and blue pls?

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 10:02:44 »
How long is the pre-order running for? I can't seem to locate the cutoff date.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 10:08:40 »

The blue will be ordered to be similar to this.

The white, if we decide that it turns out good enough will be as white as is possible with MAO. In reality it will be a very light grey.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 10:09:55 »
How long is the pre-order running for? I can't seem to locate the cutoff date.

Atleast a couple more days.

Offline energyd

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 11:17:13 »

Show Image

The white, if we decide that it turns out good enough will be as white as is possible with MAO. In reality it will be a very light grey.

Thanks! What is the color of the case in your signature by the way? Is that navy blue? Really want that

Offline awaroa

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 03:57:54 »
Premium kit seems like a deal. Awesome work!  :thumb:

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 04:31:10 »
Premium kit seems like a deal. Awesome work!  :thumb:

Thank you.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 04:31:34 »

Show Image

Thanks! What is the color of the case in your signature by the way? Is that navy blue? Really want that

It's dark grey with bad color correction.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 04:32:20 »
Ok, I have decided that the group buy will close the 19th, so make sure to get everybody on board by then :)

https://mekanisk.co/collections/pre-order

Offline Atredl

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 05:26:12 »
Can’t wait to see how the white MAO prototype turns out!

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 05:54:39 »

Sadly, it didn't turn out as expected so I will work on it and maybe offer it in the future.

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 07:32:34 »
Ok, I have decided that the group buy will close the 19th, so make sure to get everybody on board by then :)

I'm in! Does that mean MOQ has been met?

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 08:55:43 »

I'm in! Does that mean MOQ has been met?
Yes it has! Im just able to take some more orders, so I am! :)

Offline Draic

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 11:02:54 »
what is the height and angle of the case?

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 11:24:05 »
what is the height and angle of the case?
8 degrees. I don't have the other measurements on me right now, maybe someone else has?

(I don't actually have a mass production Klippe in my possession)

Either that or I'll check the files this weekend.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 12:21:25 »

Sadly, it didn't turn out as expected so I will work on it and maybe offer it in the future.
:(

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 13:22:20 »
I wonder what's the secret colour...so curious...!!!

Offline tomatoboy

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 00:04:35 »
My first time assembling a keyboard. Can a plate mounted switch grip on the universal plate(bottom row, win, alt key, etc) Planning to use holtite, hope I don't run into trouble fitting them in. Also, does the pcb support RGB switch yet?

EDIT : Grammer mistake
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 December 2017, 00:35:02 by tomatoboy »

Offline Atredl

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 00:40:50 »
My first time assembling a keyboard. Is plate mounted switch compatible with the universal plate(bottom row, win, alt key, etc) or is it not recommended? Planning to use holtite, hope I don't run into trouble fitting them in. Also, does the pcb support RGB switch yet?
Plate mount switches should work fine with your holtites. The switch secures to the plate at the front and back while the side support is mainly for stability. The bottom row might be a tiny bit more wobbly but other than that should be good.

This PCB doesn’t support per switch RGB lighting.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 December 2017, 19:38:51 by Atredl »

Offline tomatoboy

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 01:37:32 »
My first time assembling a keyboard. Is plate mounted switch compatible with the universal plate(bottom row, win, alt key, etc) or is it not recommended? Planning to use holtite, hope I don't run into trouble fitting them in. Also, does the pcb support RGB switch yet?
Plate mount switches should work fine with your holtites. The switch secures to the plate at the front and back and side support is mainly for stability. The bottom row might be a tiny bit more wobbly but other than that should be good.

Alright, thanks  :-*. Last one, should I be worried if the holtite still falls through the LED socket? If it fits, imma get myself some LED switches.

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 02:48:23 »

The extremely limited GON PCBs are also available:
https://mekanisk.co/collections/pre-order/products/copy-of-pcb-gon-nerd60-mekanisk-limited-edition

Let me know if there are any questions.

Are Gon doing any firmware updates? There are a few issues, escpecially with Mac and some bios that would need his attention. Have you asked him about this? Maybe it's not possible to solve.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 19:41:43 »
Plate mount switches should work fine with your holtites. The switch secures to the plate at the front and back and side support is mainly for stability. The bottom row might be a tiny bit more wobbly but other than that should be good.

Alright, thanks  :-*. Last one, should I be worried if the holtite still falls through the LED socket? If it fits, imma get myself some LED switches.
I’m not quite sure what you’re asking but if it falls through then you might have to use a bit of solder to hold the holtite in place. If you can’t make it stay you probably can’t use them.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 19:51:59 »

Two different things.

There are LED holtiles, that you install into your switches, and then they are soldered into your board with the switches. That allows you to swap LEDs in the switches themselves.

Then there are switch holtites that go in the PCB and are used for switches.

As far as I know there is no way to use both together, since I'm not aware of any led holtites that can go in the PCB to connect to the ones in the switch (they do probably exist though, just would take some trial and error).

Offline Atredl

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 21:59:49 »

Two different things.

There are LED holtiles, that you install into your switches, and then they are soldered into your board with the switches. That allows you to swap LEDs in the switches themselves.

As far as I know there is no way to use both together, since I'm not aware of any led holtites that can go in the PCB to connect to the ones in the switch (they do probably exist though, just would take some trial and error).
What you’re referring to as LED holtites are actually SIP sockets. In addition to that, there are also switch holtites and LED holtites.

https://mehkee.com/collections/accessories-parts/products/sip-sockets-for-leds?variant=39181717967

https://mehkee.com/collections/accessories-parts/products/holtite-sockets-for-switches?variant=41169538959

https://mehkee.com/collections/accessories-parts/products/holtite-sockets-for-leds-gold?variant=37156780815

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 22:08:19 »

Two different things.

What you’re referring to as LED holtites are actually SIP sockets. In addition to that, there are also switch holtites and LED holtites.

https://mehkee.com/collections/accessories-parts/products/sip-sockets-for-leds?variant=39181717967

https://mehkee.com/collections/accessories-parts/products/holtite-sockets-for-switches?variant=41169538959

https://mehkee.com/collections/accessories-parts/products/holtite-sockets-for-leds-gold?variant=37156780815

Like i said, i figured they existed, realistically any board can use holtites, you just gotta find ones that are the right sizes, but there is nothing about larger holes that would prevent their use.

Another thing I think is worth mentioning is that the gold holtites won't actually bond the same way the tin ones do. From my understanding, with tin if you use a soldering iron they actually bond to the solder pads and will stay stuck in.

I did something similar when i added holtites to my zeal60. I put a tiny bit of solder on the hole, then actually heated the holtite to reflow the solder and push the thing in. Easiest way to avoid getting solder inside the holtite that I've found.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 23:11:26 »
Like i said, i figured they existed, realistically any board can use holtites, you just gotta find ones that are the right sizes, but there is nothing about larger holes that would prevent their use.

Another thing I think is worth mentioning is that the gold holtites won't actually bond the same way the tin ones do. From my understanding, with tin if you use a soldering iron they actually bond to the solder pads and will stay stuck in.

I did something similar when i added holtites to my zeal60. I put a tiny bit of solder on the hole, then actually heated the holtite to reflow the solder and push the thing in. Easiest way to avoid getting solder inside the holtite that I've found.
The main point of my previous post was to give the correct names. The links were just there for “proof”. Though that hint about the difference between the gold and tin holtites is useful.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 04:45:20 »
As you all know, orders are closed.

The PCB order is placed and the Klippe order will be placed soon(i just need to tune the colors a little bit), I will update you.

Meanwhile, I wish you all a Merry Christmas :)

Willliam

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 03:37:24 »
As you all know, orders are closed.

The PCB order is placed and the Klippe order will be placed soon(i just need to tune the colors a little bit), I will update you.

Meanwhile, I wish you all a Merry Christmas :)

Willliam

Thanks for the update ! Can’t wait to get this purple klippe :3!

Keep us posted with udpates.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas time ! Cheers!

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 15:43:59 »
Did the brass plates and carbon fibre plates support switch top opening?

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 18:58:23 »
Did the brass plates and carbon fibre plates support switch top opening?

I only have brass ones myself, but all the mekanisk plates I have have switch top openings. They are different than alot of the ones people make since it's 1 big notch instead of 2 little ones (look in the corners of the switch cutouts):

I think this particular plate is an older design, as I don't think mine has that extra cutout around the spacebar, but the notches are the same as all the ones I've gotten from both mekanisk direct and 1up.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 06:20:35 »
Hey Klippe buyers!

We have finalized the decision on the PCBs.
I am still waiting for the final production confirmation on the cases.

I am also still resolving some one time business verification with PayPal, where I have to verify that products are sent. Since this is a pre order, I have to explain my business model. I hope that this can be resolved during next week.

Thank you for your patience!

Please feel free to contact support@mekanisk.co

William

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 10:56:37 »
Hello!

I have some problems with PayPal. I have called them and I have been emailing to try to solve these issues and explain the business model.

Basically: they want tracking for orders i have not paid for yet, and they have "reserved" the money that I was going to use to pay for these order.

I will call them again tomorrow and keep you updated, I am sure they have a solution.

William

Offline kekstee

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 12:39:09 »

Just get an ISP-Programmer and change the bootloader yourself. There's some documentation on deskthority.

Ugh. Paypal being insufferable again. Good luck.

Offline tomatoboy

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 23:53:01 »
Can't remember because the product is taken down, does the premium klippe package include a set of stabilizers for the board or only for the spacebar?  If so, are those cherry or costar? According to my receipt, it says only 6.25u.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 January 2018, 23:55:15 by tomatoboy »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 00:05:02 »
Can't remember because the product is taken down, does the premium klippe package include a set of stabilizers for the board or only for the spacebar?  If so, are those cherry or costar? According to my receipt, it says only 6.25u.

i imagine cherry PCB mount, since that's what he was selling

and the plate cutouts look like PCB mount stabs
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 05:05:31 »
Update,
I have been told that some of the buyers(you) may be contacted by PayPal for some questions regarding my legitimacy for some questions.

I was called by PayPal Europe today and we had a conversation regarding the business model.

I will keep you updated.

William

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 08:05:39 »
Update,

I have talked to PayPal, the funds will be released once I can provide tracking numbers, meanwhile, I will pay for this order out of the company bank account.

Thank you for your patience.

William

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 08:18:45 »
If you need the money you can cancel my PayPal invoice and I can pay with a SEPA transfer.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 16:56:22 »
If you need the money you can cancel my PayPal invoice and I can pay with a SEPA transfer.
That's very kind of you, however I need to check whether the Shopify invoicing system is in compliance with Norwegian tax authorities.

Anyway, I will be able to pay the order and get the items shipped to me :)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 04:39:42 »
Some photos, we are making progress!

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 04:43:32 »
Nice to see some updates. Do you have any rough estimation on when the case and plate will be finish and ready to ship ? Thanks  ;)