Author Topic: [GB] AL1 (Shipping, QMK Codes Open Sourced)  (Read 99616 times)

Offline noricon

Re: [GB] AL1 (Shipping, QMK Codes Open Sourced)
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 16:44:59 »
I am happy with waiting for the reanodization of the dark blue cases.

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #251 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 16:51:56 »
The cost to strip, polish and re-anodise will be expensive.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #252 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 17:21:53 »
It's a sad day for all of us. As some of you may know, I have another Group Buy has been delayed for months because I don't want to run two GBs at the same time. For this group buy, I helped Alsoran with the PCB and firmware as a friend, and I don't get money from it. This group buy goes with much more problems than I thought. I wouldn't run this GB if I knew this situation. As a GB runner, I've been pushing Alsoran to do everything correct and fast, asking for photos to keep you updated. Unfortunately, there are so many things I can't control. I'm sorry about all the issues.

For now I can see there are at least two major problems. The first is odd's anodizing issues on dark blue case. The second is the dent on vtachkov's case. I asked Alsoran last night (time in China) about the quality issues. He woke up before dawn and answered several of my questions. Here are the summarizations:

1. He hasn't directly answered my question why the dark blue case passed QC. (I will ask again when he wake up again.)

2. The dent on vtachkov's case should be caused by shipping damage. He was supposed to use EVA inner packings but ended up with the current poor packing due to the lack of funds. He will give compensation for the dent.

3. The dark blue cases were anodized in a different factory with other colors. The way they do this color is to sink the case in the ano pool for a really long time. That's the possible reason of the inconsistency. He will talk to the ano factory and give solutions by 04/26 12:00 AM.

4. A possible solution is to re-anodize all the dark blue cases to this color: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=93258.msg2556349#msg2556349 This color was the original plan but it wasn't available when he did the ano.

5. I have asked him to hold all the rest packages for shipping in the transport proxy company.

Anyone who have received a problematic kit, PM me the detailed descriptions of your issues with photos. Please keep it short and accurate. I'll help you to resolve the problems.

I'm happy to wait, however I'll need refunded and reinvoiced prior to the 180 day mark. Since PayPal is holding the funds anyway it shouldn't cause a problem.

No offense intended, but I'll never let my PayPal protection lapse again after getting burned by EXENT and nearly so by E8-V1.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #253 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 18:19:59 »
The cost to strip, polish and re-anodise will be expensive.

in the US, it's generally about 60-100 depending on where you go
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #254 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 19:43:50 »
I'm still up to get mine

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #255 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 19:52:14 »
I look forward to getting this. I can't wait, and I appreciate that there will be an effort to fix problems that have arisen.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #256 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 09:37:36 »
I talked with Alsoran today. Here's my proposal to him:

1.  If all the dark blue cases have issues, they need to be re-ano to the color here in another ano factory. I need a new estimated shipping date.

2. All the other color cases need to be QC again and packed more carefully. I need a new estimated shipping date.

3. Take photos for every case before shipping.

Alsoran agreed with 2 and 3 and will give the new shipping date estimations tomorrow (time in China). For 1, unfortunately the factory is still not available as before. The dark blue cases can only be re-anodized to the same color but with higher quality.

Alsoran's explanation of the quality issues is that he was overwhelmed for so many colors and so many kits. As I can see, he wasn't in good emotion as well because he borrowed a lot of money for all the orders and hasn't got any money from PayPal. None of them are good reasons tho. He has not idea how the dent came from because even the previous packing shouldn't cause such dents. He suspect that was caused by customs inspection.

For those who have received the kit.
Again, please PM me detailed descriptions and photos if your cases have quality issues. Keep it short and accurate. I haven't received any such PMs currently.
For those who have received a kit without problems, please make a confirmation on PayPal that you received the item as described. I thought PayPal doesn't have this confirmation function/button like on Taobao, but Alsoran said there should be one. Does it? I'm not that familiar with PayPal. Anyway Alsoran needs the money to do the mentioned after-sale service and re-ano. He will talk to PayPal tomorrow and ask them to defroze the money of GOOD received kits.

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #257 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 09:51:56 »
It's unfortunate it came to this in the first place but it's good you are trying to rectify it. I think the tied up fees have caused some real problems but as stated before, those new/purples should not have passed QC.

Can't say I've ever seen the option to confirm goods received on PayPal.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #258 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 09:56:18 »

1.  If all the dark blue cases have issues, they need to be re-ano to the color here in another ano factory. I need a new estimated shipping date.

2. All the other color cases need to be QC again and packed more carefully. I need a new estimated shipping date.

Alsoran agreed with 2 and 3 and will give the new shipping date estimations tomorrow (time in China). For 1, unfortunately the factory is still not available as before. The dark blue cases can only be re-anodized to the same color but with higher quality.

Alsoran's explanation of the quality issues is that he was overwhelmed for so many colors and so many kits. As I can see, he wasn't in good emotion as well because he borrowed a lot of money for all the orders and hasn't got any money from PayPal. None of them are good reasons tho. He has not idea how the dent came from because even the previous packing shouldn't cause such dents. He suspect that was caused by customs inspection.

Again, please PM me detailed descriptions and photos if your cases have quality issues. Keep it short and accurate. I haven't received any such PMs currently.
For those who have received a kit without problems, please make a confirmation on PayPal that you received the item as described. I thought PayPal doesn't have this confirmation function/button like on Taobao, but Alsoran said there should be one. Does it? I'm not that familiar with PayPal. Anyway Alsoran needs the money to do the mentioned after-sale service and re-ano. He will talk to PayPal tomorrow and ask them to defroze the money of GOOD received kits.

I switched colors when we were told https://imgur.com/a/CPw8i

Was the color. I'm not interested in the color if it's as bright as one buyer's pictures indicate it to be. If mine is being reanodized can it just go back to black?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #259 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 10:07:28 »

I look forward to the new shipping date estimates. It's important, because I don't want the arrival date to be too much later. I expect to move in early June, so I want to ensure I have enough time to receive and organize all my incoming orders/mail/keyboard stuff before I move.

Offline forumusername

« Reply #260 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 10:09:20 »

Was the color. I'm not interested in the color if it's as bright as one buyer's pictures indicate it to be. If mine is being reanodized can it just go back to black?
This is likely the best idea to minimize any additional difficulty in the GB. Thanks for the updates Triangle

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline Petch

« Reply #261 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 10:11:32 »
For 1, unfortunately the factory is still not available as before. The dark blue cases can only be re-anodized to the same color but with higher quality.

Personally, I wouldn't mind waiting if the factory can give a date. It's a nicer colour.

If it's likely the current blue is going to not be up to the same quality as the other colours (even if it does improve from the earlier photos) I'd rather just have it re-anno'd as one of the normal colours, if possible.

Also, the photos from the bad annodising earlier look a lot more purple than the proposed images. Maybe just lighting?
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 April 2018, 10:19:19 by Petch »

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #262 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 10:31:44 »

Don't be too hard on yourself, both you and Alsoran have done a very good job with communication and that is the biggest thing.  The group buy can have issues and mistakes can be made, but as long as you guys communicate and have a plan, I think you're a golden.  Just take all the mistakes as a learning opportunity for the next group buy.  Honestly I rather have a group buy where there were mistakes made, but everything was communicated to the participants. 

Also on the paypal confirmation, I have done it once, so I know its doable. 

Offline odd

« Reply #263 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 11:32:38 »

I just saw this.sorry for the delay i ll be PMig you tonight when I get off work. Do you require new pics or are the ones I posted here good enough.?

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #264 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 08:59:32 »

I just saw this.sorry for the delay i ll be PMig you tonight when I get off work. Do you require new pics or are the ones I posted here good enough.?

It would be helpful if you can label the defects with numbers. Each defect comes with one photo.

I will organize all the issues for each kit in a document. Alsoran will negotiate with the factory with these documents. What's why I was asking for short and accurate description with photos.

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #265 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 09:13:51 »
Update on the rest orders:

1. Dark blue kits: estimation of shipping date is 16 days from now (4 days shipping the kits to the factory. 2 days for re-anodizing. another 4 days shipping back to alsoran for QC. 2 days for QC and packing. 3 days for shipping the kits to the DHL proxy. )

2. Other colors: estimation of shipping date is 6-14 days from now. (Calling back the kits from the shipping company QC and re-packing)

For the dark blue colors, if you're worried about the colors even after re-ano, you can request to change it to another color. Alsoran will take photos for every case before shipping.

I also asked Alsoran to make a powder coating prototype as a possible backup solution. I don't think we are gonna use this solution tho.

A part of money has been defrozen from PayPal.

Offline Petch

« Reply #266 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 09:53:40 »
Check emails everybody

Offline xZ3ROx

« Reply #267 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 10:02:23 »
Check emails everybody

Nada here...what is the info?

Offline Petch

« Reply #268 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 10:14:57 »
Check emails everybody

Nada here...what is the info?

Sorry, perhaps just got the blue/purple buyers  ;D

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #269 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 20:16:14 »

You should be fine to switch to black :thumb:
I emailed Alsoran and he was fine with people requesting the re-anodization to another colour.

Offline homerowco

• Homerow.Co
« Reply #270 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 11:52:19 »
Sorry, perhaps just got the blue/purple buyers  ;D

yep!

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #271 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 15:56:48 »
What colour is the PCB?

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #272 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 16:03:07 »
What colour is the PCB?

Matte black, or close to it.

Offline floristfran

• I Wanted a foam bath and i got a slimy eel bath
« Reply #273 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 01:27:27 »
so when are invoices for extras going out? so excited to get my hands on this board.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #274 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 07:43:44 »
The kits passed QC will be shipped soon. Pics:

If your kit is not in the list, it was returned to the factory for re-ano. All the rest kits except 1 kit will be shipped 17th this month, 3 days later than the previous estimation, because of the unexpected longer vacation. The factory is in the vacation of International Workers' Day and will return to work on Monday.

Offline thunderbuttons

« Reply #275 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 08:30:19 »
Just got shipping info, but it looks like I forgot to change it to my new address (moved in February). Anyone in the US know what carrier handles the last leg? If it's USPS I think I'm fine since I have forwarding set up.

EDIT: All fixed!
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 May 2018, 07:39:27 by thunderbuttons »

Offline floris

« Reply #276 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 11:05:16 »

If your kit is not in the list, it was returned to the factory for re-ano. All the rest kits except 1 kit will be shipped 17th this month, 3 days later than the previous estimation, because of the unexpected longer vacation. The factory is in the vacation of International Workers' Day and will return to work on Monday.

My order is marked as shipped in PayPal. But it’s not in this list. Has it been shipped or not?

Offline xZ3ROx

« Reply #277 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 11:21:51 »

My order is marked as shipped in PayPal. But it’s not in this list. Has it been shipped or not?
Same here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline fifasarajevo

« Reply #278 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 23:56:28 »
Hoping someone can help me out here.

Purchased an AL1 kit on /r/mm, when testing/building it the the "9", "O", "L", and "." keys all dont register. They all quickly register the keys in the row around them, but not the key itself. This is my first time building a board on my own, and havent seen this sort of issue before.

Hoping someone is able to provide some info on if its fixable, or if a new PCB is needed.

Thanks

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #279 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 00:31:35 »

Purchased an AL1 kit on /r/mm, when testing/building it the the "9", "O", "L", and "." keys all dont register. They all quickly register the keys in the row around them, but not the key itself. This is my first time building a board on my own, and havent seen this sort of issue before.

Hoping someone is able to provide some info on if its fixable, or if a new PCB is needed.

Thanks
In my experience, I've had at least 1 of the below happen with multi key presses:

1. Screw in stabs, you should always insulate the screws.

2. The atmel chip pins are bridged, on the chip itself where it's soldered to the PCB, this is rare and happened on a very cheap PCB of mine.

3. Incorrectly programmed.

Also note, every PCB was manually desoldered due to a manufacturing fault and re soldered. There is a possible connection.

Offline fifasarajevo

« Reply #280 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 13:20:59 »

Thanks
In my experience, I've had at least 1 of the below happen with multi key presses:

1. Screw in stabs, you should always insulate the screws.

2. The atmel chip pins are bridged, on the chip itself where it's soldered to the PCB, this is rare and happened on a very cheap PCB of mine.

3. Incorrectly programmed.

Also note, every PCB was manually desoldered due to a manufacturing fault and re soldered. There is a possible connection.

I think that might be right. I have screw in stabs. Ill have to give it a shot later. Any ideas on insulating screws? Im assuming just use something like electrical tape between the screw and pcb?

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #281 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 13:23:28 »
Tape will do just fine. A cleaner solution would be some nylon, m2 washers.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #282 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 20:17:43 »

Colors for 10 and 12 turned out darker than what the color chips showed in the original order form, but it's actually fine by me.

10 was green and 12 was "pale purple".

Can't wait to receive it. How long should we anticipate for shipping to take to the US? Just wanted to make sure I will be around to receive it.

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #283 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 20:35:07 »
"The kits passed QC will be shipped soon"

Hmm...

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #284 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 20:39:22 »

Show Image

Hmm...

This made me take a second look -- is this a dent?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #285 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 21:51:07 »

Show Image

Hmm...

This made me take a second look -- is this a dent?

Show Image

looks like one to me as well
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #286 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 23:35:59 »
I'm very disappointed about my friend Alsoran. I didn't want to say it because I'm the GB runner and it looks like I'm shifting responsibility. However, the truth is I did everything I can to push him doing everything right but he broke his words again and again. Here are some facts to make it transparent to everyone:

- I asked Alsoran to take photos for every case before shipping. He promised but failed to do it for no reasons. That's why some buyers got a tracking number but didn't find the photos. Alsoran told me this after he sent 15 kits out before asking me.
- Alsoran do all the QC. I'm not able to do it because I'm not locally close to him. I emphasized many times that he should do the QC carefully.
- I viewed all the photos Alsoran sent to me. I found the defects on Oatburner's case and told Alsoran. I didn't notice the possible dent on LightningXI's.
- I asked him today again how exactly he did the QC. He said: I TAKE A GLANCE ON THE FRONT SIDE AND THE BOTTOM SIDE AND DON't CHECK CAREFULLY. (WTF???)

Alsoran promised to provide after-sale service to everyone but his words are not that trustworthy to me any more. If you receive a perfect boards, that's fine (I really hope that's the case). If you receive a defect board, I will help you no matter what you want (issues a dispute, ask for a replacement, ask for a refund). I'm not able to refund you directly because Alsoran get all the money. To those who haven't got tracking numbers, hope my words can help you for your decisions, it's still in the 180 days buyer protection.

I'm really sorry for all the issues. I helped Alsoran with the PCB/firmware and run the GB for him for almost no return. All I wanted was to help a friend and make things happen. What I get now is frustration and depression. No matter how regretful I am, what's done is done. I will do my best to help the buyers.

Triangle

Offline floris

« Reply #287 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 01:54:33 »
I'm very disappointed about my friend Alsoran. I didn't want to say it because I'm the GB runner and it looks like I'm shifting responsibility. However, the truth is I did everything I can to push him doing everything right but he broke his words again and again. Here are some facts to make it transparent to everyone:

- I asked Alsoran to take photos for every case before shipping. He promised but failed to do it for no reasons. That's why some buyers got a tracking number but didn't find the photos. Alsoran told me this after he sent 15 kits out before asking me.
- Alsoran do all the QC. I'm not able to do it because I'm not locally close to him. I emphasized many times that he should do the QC carefully.
- I viewed all the photos Alsoran sent to me. I found the defects on Oatburner's case and told Alsoran. I didn't notice the possible dent on LightningXI's.
- I asked him today again how exactly he did the QC. He said: I TAKE A GLANCE ON THE FRONT SIDE AND THE BOTTOM SIDE AND DON't CHECK CAREFULLY. (WTF???)

Alsoran promised to provide after-sale service to everyone but his words are not that trustworthy to me any more. If you receive a perfect boards, that's fine (I really hope that's the case). If you receive a defect board, I will help you no matter what you want (issues a dispute, ask for a replacement, ask for a refund). I'm not able to refund you directly because Alsoran get all the money. To those who haven't got tracking numbers, hope my words can help you for your decisions, it's still in the 180 days buyer protection.

I'm really sorry for all the issues. I helped Alsoran with the PCB/firmware and run the GB for him for almost no return. All I wanted was to help a friend and make things happen. What I get now is frustration and depression. No matter how regretful I am, what's done is done. I will do my best to help the buyers.

Triangle

Thanks for the update, great to see you keep supporting the gb even though your friend ****ed up.

Does anybody know what shipment service has been used? I just got a numeric number and 17track does not recognize it.

Offline xZ3ROx

« Reply #288 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 02:24:25 »
I was able to get details using the DHL website.

Offline floris

« Reply #289 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 02:29:27 »
I was able to get details using the DHL website.

Thanks, DHL does indeed work

Offline Petch

« Reply #290 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 07:30:59 »
Really sorry for you TriangleLab  :(

Regarding the PayPal 180 days, do you expect the cases that were being re-anno'd to arrive before the end of June?

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #291 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 09:07:48 »

It says my kit passed qc, but my kit in the link is pink.... I am pretty sure I ordered blue...

Offline floris

« Reply #292 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 09:24:41 »

It says my kit passed qc, but my kit in the link is pink.... I am pretty sure I ordered blue...

It says color 6 in the spreadsheet, color 6 is pink ( https://i.imgur.com/bwzCxS2.jpg)

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #293 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 10:47:46 »
Contacted Alsoran directly through email, and apparently I had my color changed to the new dark blue / purple one, but I asked for black.

Triangle

Sad that he messed up, such a shame that a promising GB went to s**t.
b o a r d s

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #294 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 11:45:42 »

It says color 6 in the spreadsheet, color 6 is pink ( https://i.imgur.com/bwzCxS2.jpg)
Correct, but I changed it via pms......

Offline forumusername

« Reply #295 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 13:20:06 »
I really hope that the blemish on my qc photo is dirt not a hole or scratch :/

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #296 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 14:31:18 »
I really hope that the blemish on my qc photo is dirt not a hole or scratch :/

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Same, although mine look to be on the inside and plate.

Offline fifasarajevo

« Reply #297 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 17:12:59 »

So I tried using nylon washers and not having stabs in at all, and I still get the same result, those keys register multiples.

Anyone have ideas of what the next thing to try is? Im pretty new to this whole thing, so no clue if I need to get a new PCB, or if there are other avenues to take.

Thanks all

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #298 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 17:33:56 »

So I tried using nylon washers and not having stabs in at all, and I still get the same result, those keys register multiples.

Anyone have ideas of what the next thing to try is? Im pretty new to this whole thing, so no clue if I need to get a new PCB, or if there are other avenues to take.

Thanks all

ytachkov, did you build or test your PCB?

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #299 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 19:46:21 »

Thanks all

ytachkov, did you build or test your PCB?

I haven't built it yet, but I did test the PCB to make sure all the traces and everything else were good. I didn't have any issues with mine, fortunately.