Author Topic: HS60 PCB - Hotswap 60% with SMD RGB LED's (V3 Shipping Soon)  (Read 99049 times)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: [GB] HS60 PCB - Hotswap 60% with SMD RGB LED's
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 04:24:41 »
Does your 5 degree case have the two extra standoff’s at the top?  If so, the hotswap housings are sitting on it.  True you can tape them but your pcb will be about 5mm higher on the top
Than the bottom (now a different angle than the case). Also, it will only go in the Klippie if you put it all the way to the left edge, leaving a larger gap of about 3mm on the right.  And when I use it this way it disconnects from windows about every 20 seconds.  I’ve already asked for a refund

Offline Skaazi

« Reply #101 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 12:24:22 »
I must have a newer 5 degree case because there are no extra standoffs in mine and no issues with the PCB in it.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 12:52:40 »
Yes I believe the newer version of the case doesn’t have the standoffs.   I might try cutting mine out with a dremel

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 13:20:34 »
Yes, I just looked at the KBDfans site and you can see he original 5 degree design on the black, dark grey and silver.  The orange, purple, and green show the newer design with screw supports removed.

Offline oyaji

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 10:58:03 »
It looks like people in the US have received theirs now, but my ANSI PCB order to Australia doesn’t look like it shipped yet. I didn’t order stabs.

Is it likely to ship any time soon?

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 11:04:35 »
It looks like people in the US have received theirs now, but my ANSI PCB order to Australia doesn’t look like it shipped yet. I didn’t order stabs.

Is it likely to ship any time soon?
Hey man! PM me your order number and I'll take a look. From memory we've got an Australia order packed, just haven't got round to posting it yet :)

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Offline yonghf

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 11:44:22 »
Is there supposed to be a tracking number? I just got an email that it shipped but no tracking information.
I'll be adding tracking to the orders a little later :)

Sorry, where exactly should I look for my tracking number?

Offline olivia

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 00:17:41 »
Can confirm that mine fits inside my X60  :D

« Last Edit: Tue, 26 June 2018, 12:25:30 by olivia »

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 04:11:05 »
Have to say i'm a bit disappointed that the pcbs made it all the way to the US and out to buyers before receiving the two i ordered here in the EU. I didn't even get any stabilizers or anything else...

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 04:14:00 »
Hmm, you should've recieved yours by now. I'll PM you.
Have to say i'm a bit disappointed that the pcbs made it all the way to the US and out to buyers before receiving the two i ordered here in the EU. I didn't even get any stabilizers or anything else...

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 11:25:46 »
Is there a users guide or a link to firmware for the hs60?

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 12:11:11 »
will these go up for sale on the mechboards site sometime?

Offline manofinterests

• Manofinterests Youtube
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 12:37:26 »
A bit salty that mx hhkb versions were made but unavailable to the rest of us :blank:

Will they be available in the next round?

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 12:39:14 »
A bit salty that mx hhkb versions were made but unavailable to the rest of us :blank:

There were just a handful of prototypes made of the mx hhkb version

I can’t speak for David but I’m pretty sure there will be more made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 12:42:08 »

There were just a handful of prototypes made of the mx hhkb version

I can’t speak for David but I’m pretty sure there will be more made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please!

Offline Skaazi

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 12:50:20 »
Is there a users guide or a link to firmware for the hs60?

I grabbed the FLIP driver from https://zealpc.net/blogs/news/programming-your-zeal60-rgb-pcb then compiled the HS60 firmware https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/hs60. I think the one in Wilba's fork is outdated. Then in AVRDUDESS I used the FLIP USB DFU protocol version 1 programmer with the usb port to flash it.

Offline olivia

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 12:54:21 »
I compiled a hex using the repo, and used qmk_toolbox to flash mine.

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 16:15:17 »
Ordered two PCB's, one ANSI and one ISO.
The ANSI one has a missing led, the legs are there but they've been completely ripped out of the led and the led were loose in the bag the PCB came in.
I can reflash the PCB and it works.

The ISO one has a bunch of leds not lighting up, it does not let me flash it. In fact, it's not even recognized in windows as a USB device and it wont get into the bootloader with the switch on the underside. It does not respond to keypresses to change led settings either.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #118 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 10:11:17 »
I still keep getting randomly disconnected (on average about two minutes).  I've tried 3 different cables and two different computers (one PC one mac).  I reflashed the firmware, which seemed to help at first, but now it just disconnects a bit less often.  While I was typing this post, the led mode changed on it's own and was stuck (wouldn't respond to FN + Z to go to a different mode).

I've submitted the issue through the help on Mechboards website and I've PMd here.  It's been almost a week with no response.  Let me know if there is a different way to get customer support.  Does anyone have contact info on discord?
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 June 2018, 10:37:18 by pixelpusher »

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #119 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 10:16:31 »
I still keep keeping randomly disconnected (on average about two minutes).  I've tried 3 different cables and two different computers (one PC one mac).  I reflashed the firmware, which seemed to help at first, but now it just disconnects a bit less often.  While I was typing this post, the led mode changed on it's own and was stuck (wouldn't respond to FN + Z to go to a different mode).

I've submitted the issue through the help on Mechkeyboards website and I've PMd here.  It's been almost a week with no response.  Let me know if there is a different way to get customer support.  Does anyone have contact info on discord?

I saw this in a PCB i've yet to fully assemble, i had to repair a LED by taking a LED from a donor board to get it working. And it happened at least two times that the led animation got stuck and the pcb was unresponsive. Then i'm not the only one...
You can try and PM Yiancar on discord, he has been really helpful, but unfortunately mechboards seems to be hard to get an answer from.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 10:38:38 »
I still keep keeping randomly disconnected (on average about two minutes).  I've tried 3 different cables and two different computers (one PC one mac).  I reflashed the firmware, which seemed to help at first, but now it just disconnects a bit less often.  While I was typing this post, the led mode changed on it's own and was stuck (wouldn't respond to FN + Z to go to a different mode).

I've submitted the issue through the help on Mechkeyboards website and I've PMd here.  It's been almost a week with no response.  Let me know if there is a different way to get customer support.  Does anyone have contact info on discord?

I saw this in a PCB i've yet to fully assemble, i had to repair a LED by taking a LED from a donor board to get it working. And it happened at least two times that the led animation got stuck and the pcb was unresponsive. Then i'm not the only one...
You can try and PM Yiancar on discord, he has been really helpful, but unfortunately mechboards seems to be hard to get an answer from.

It seems to be related to the firmware and not user input, b/c I can walk away and come back to it messed up.  It doesn't seem to be related to a keypress.

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 10:40:01 »

It seems to be related to the firmware and not user input, b/c I can walk away and come back to it messed up.  It doesn't seem to be related to a keypress.
Yup, and after some testing i can see it happens on several of the animations
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 July 2018, 05:03:55 by Lisinge »

Offline rjsf

« Reply #122 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 23:34:00 »
I live in the CA, US. I still have not received my ANSI board. Am I the only one here who has not received it yet? What's going on? You guys have not responded to me about where the heck my item is. I'm close to filing a Paypal chargeback.

Offline yonghf

« Reply #123 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 23:43:20 »
I live in the CA, US. I still have not received my ANSI board. Am I the only one here who has not received it yet? What's going on? You guys have not responded to me about where the heck my item is. I'm close to filing a Paypal chargeback.

Mine is supposedly shipped on 18 June but I don't see any tracking information. No replies from vendor either.

Offline rjsf

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 00:53:13 »

Mine is supposedly shipped on 18 June but I don't see any tracking information. No replies from vendor either.

Yup, lack of communication if pretty irritating. I'm fine if they tell me my item will come after ten years, at least they let me know. But being put in the dark like this is the worst.

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 04:00:50 »
Hey all. We've only got about 10 more orders to ship. I'll try and get tracking out to you guys that have already shipped. We're sorry about the lack of communication, moving office has really put us on the back foot but I'll try and get to all of you over the next couple of days

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #126 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 10:47:30 »
My PCB no workie.  Who Should I talk to about getting a new one or my money back?

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #127 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 11:17:15 »
My PCB no workie.  Who Should I talk to about getting a new one or my money back?
Pester us on email and we'll reply

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #128 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 14:13:53 »
Pester us on email and we'll reply

Thanks. I just sent an email.  I found out that it is definitely the LEDs causing the issue.  I turned off the leds and I've not had a disconnect for over 6 hours.  The longest I went before was about 2min.  Perhaps a failing resistor is causing a surge to the controller?  That's a bit beyond my troubleshooting abilities.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #129 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 19:06:21 »

Show Image

what the... how do you have a split right shift?  That's not even an option

Nevermind... I see a few posts back a couple were made special. 

Hey, the good news is, my RGB leds are completely dead now.  That is actually good news b/c now my PCB doesn't disconnect anymore  :p
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 July 2018, 19:08:32 by pixelpusher »

Offline yonghf

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 08:35:45 »
Just wanna update that the PCB showed up today.

Offline nimblejacks

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 10:41:50 »
Did PCB + Stab orders to the US end up going out last week?

Offline rjsf

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 18:37:37 »

Show Image

Hey, the good news is, my RGB leds are completely dead now.  That is actually good news b/c now my PCB doesn't disconnect anymore  :p

Yup, some real cool stuff is going on out there and people got theirs already.  Meanwhile, I still have no status of my regular 60%.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 July 2018, 18:46:32 by rjsf »

Offline rjsf

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 18:53:53 »
Hey all. We've only got about 10 more orders to ship. I'll try and get tracking out to you guys that have already shipped. We're sorry about the lack of communication, moving office has really put us on the back foot but I'll try and get to all of you over the next couple of days

Hey thanks at least for responding. But note, on top of the tracking number you owe me, I need to know the status of the refund for the extra shipping charge. You informed us that US residents will get some refund because you will be shipping through a proxy. The refund is not really a big deal, but again, at least I need some sort of communication, e.g. how will you refund me? do I need to do anything on my side? did you decide not to refund me? etc..

Also, let me know how you will update the tracking number to me, e.g. will you update the tracking number on my paypal transaction? Or will you email me the tracking number? Or will you PM me the tracking number? etc.

« Last Edit: Mon, 02 July 2018, 19:11:44 by rjsf »

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 05:45:26 »

Show Image

Well, now i've thoroughly tested the PCB that i got that i thought was working, turns out it's also crashing randomly like yours....
This is really getting tiresome

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #135 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 05:57:58 »
Hey all. We're really sorry with all the issues people are having. It sucks, from your side and ours. Some issues can be resolved straight away by lowering the brightness of the LED's. Please try that first.

If anyone is having issues beyond that, we will offer refunds and apologise if this is the case. We are planning a v2 which will be manufactured and tested correctly. V1 was partly hand placed which may have caused some of these issues.

Cheers

David

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 06:23:43 »
Just wanted to chuck in that the PCB works great by just decreasing brightness one or two click. It's still really bright and it has to do with usb not being able to supply enough current.
Yiancar has been of great help during this and i want to say that i sympathize with David moving office in the middle of all of this. Being a bit more responsive would keep peeps like me happy though ;D

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #137 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 09:52:42 »
Just wanted to chuck in that the PCB works great by just decreasing brightness one or two click. It's still really bright and it has to do with usb not being able to supply enough current.
Yiancar has been of great help during this and i want to say that i sympathize with David moving office in the middle of all of this. Being a bit more responsive would keep peeps like me happy though ;D

I put mine on the lowest brightness possible and it still disconnected randomly.  As of now the leds do not work at all.  But I'm in the process of sending it back.

Offline nimblejacks

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 13:47:30 »
Did the PCB + Stab orders to the US end up going out last week?

Offline rjsf

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 14:34:47 »
I received mine now and so far so good. Is there a list of keyboard shortcuts to control the LEDs?

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #140 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 15:29:02 »
I received mine now and so far so good. Is there a list of keyboard shortcuts to control the LEDs?
You should've got a piece of paper with your PCB. If not Google HS60 info Mechboards

Offline rjsf

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 23:24:30 »
You should've got a piece of paper with your PCB. If not Google HS60 info Mechboards

Thanks. Unfortunately I could not find any piece of paper in the box the PCB came in. Could you send me a copy or the link? I tried googling but could not find anything, I did find the qmk code I could reflash with but I just want to see the default map for now. I figured out some of the keys on my own via trial and error. E.g. to turn on and off the lights is Fn-Z. But I can't find other keys such as the PgUp PgDn keys.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 23:42:24 »

Thanks. Unfortunately I could not find any piece of paper in the box the PCB came in. Could you send me a copy or the link? I tried googling but could not find anything, I did find the qmk code I could reflash with but I just want to see the default map for now. I figured out some of the keys on my own via trial and error. E.g. to turn on and off the lights is Fn-Z. But I can't find other keys such as the PgUp PgDn keys.

I think you're looking for this: https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/blob/master/keyboards/hs60/keymaps/default/readme.md

You'll note that it isn't a very thorough keymap, so things like PgUp aren't mapped by default.

Offline joe405

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 23:59:24 »
Will the next version also offer wkl/hhkb layouts? Any ETA?

Offline Franzl

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 08:35:29 »
Whats about orders with iso-pcb and stabs? Are they on the road already?

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 08:49:04 »

I think you're looking for this: https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/blob/master/keyboards/hs60/keymaps/default/readme.md

You'll note that it isn't a very thorough keymap, so things like PgUp aren't mapped by default.

Hey it's this link - https://mechboards.co.uk/info-hs60/ - the rest of the FN layer wasn't mapped but you're more than welcome to map to your liking!

Next version will have a WKL/HHKB layout, yea. Hopefully a couple months or so (finding new manufacturer)

All orders have been sent. If you haven't received anything or have yet to get a tracking number - PM us your order number and we'll get right on it.

Offline rjsf

« Reply #146 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 18:38:43 »

Yeah, I found it. Thanks. I guess the default one is not much use, need to reflash off the bat.

Offline rjsf

« Reply #147 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 16:56:50 »

Hey it's this link - https://mechboards.co.uk/info-hs60/ - the rest of the FN layer wasn't mapped but you're more than welcome to map to your liking!

Next version will have a WKL/HHKB layout, yea. Hopefully a couple months or so (finding new manufacturer)

All orders have been sent. If you haven't received anything or have yet to get a tracking number - PM us your order number and we'll get right on it.

Thanks, although the default maps weren't adequate for me, it was easy to reflash. I compiled my new map and uploaded using qmk_toolbox.

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 15:54:19 »
Anyone else not able to get a response from Mechboards about defective hs60s lately?

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #149 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 15:57:24 »
Anyone else not able to get a response from Mechboards about defective hs60s lately?
Send me a pm? We're trying to catch everyone