Author Topic: [IC] GMK Carbon R2  (Read 157948 times)

Offline bottleRocket

Re: [IC] GMK Carbon R2
« Reply #300 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 10:58:57 »
I think users are entitled to know why several designers are deciding to ignore a specific community user-base, especially when tombr3y brought it up first, whether it's addressed in this thread or a different one, it should still be addressed.

You're absolutely not entitled to knowing why they choose to not include x or y key in their set(s). I'm not saying transparency is a bad thing, I'm just saying they can do what they like with their set without having to justify every choice in key to potential buyers or community members in general.

lol, leaving out a key is not the same as boycotting/blacklisting a user-base and/or product. not trying to cause drama, just looking for some type of explanation as this seems to be a coordinated effort spanning several [IC]s. I'm not going to comment further in this thread as I agree, this isn't the place for it.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #301 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 11:08:59 »
Update.

-Added DC kit. Like ISO kit Dvorak and Colemak kits suffered always to reach MOQ. In this regard i can offer such kit only for Beige alphas.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 July 2018, 11:34:51 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #302 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 11:16:41 »
lol, leaving out a key is not the same as boycotting/blacklisting a user-base and/or product. not trying to cause drama, just looking for some type of explanation as this seems to be a coordinated effort spanning several [IC]s. I'm not going to comment further in this thread as I agree, this isn't the place for it.

There's no further comment to be made, your argument is not over lack of support but rather over the intent which others, potentially yourself, deem to be ill intended or vindictive. Effectively skipping Minivan support boils down to not including a singular backspace key in the correct size (I think? I don't use 40). Practically speaking, blacklisting a product out of principle is the same thing as not including NORDE support because it doesn't sell. It's a choice made by the designer regardless of why.

PS: I'm not taking sides, I'm just looking at the situation practical and objectively.

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #303 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 11:18:19 »
PS: I'm not taking sides, I'm just looking at the situation practical and objectively.

You never take sides mate, boring  :p :p :p

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #304 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 12:17:00 »
I think users are entitled to know why several designers are deciding to ignore a specific community user-base, especially when tombr3y brought it up first, whether it's addressed in this thread or a different one, it should still be addressed.

You're absolutely not entitled to knowing why they choose to not include x or y key in their set(s). I'm not saying transparency is a bad thing, I'm just saying they can do what they like with their set without having to justify every choice in key to potential buyers or community members in general.

You guys are missing the point. There obviously is a concerted effort, by several keyset designers, to essentially blacklist Evan and his contributions to the community. It's not about one key...it's about the lack of the feeling of "community" in this hobby. And the comment about "moving on" is ignorant in and of itself. I love Carbon. I still plan on joining this drop. I'm just noticing that mech keys just isn't what it was several years ago. I'm not trying to pick a fight or cause drama, but some people need to grow up.

Offline bottleRocket

« Reply #305 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 13:03:13 »
Practically speaking, blacklisting a product out of principle is the same thing as not including NORDE support because it doesn't sell.

In fact, it is COMPLETELY different. The latter decision in your scenario is really a time investment vs return decision based on lack of investment funds and not satisfying enough sales to reach MOQ, which is a very understandable, reasonable, logic-based decision. The former decision doesn't appear to be rooted in any information/scenario/buyer-interest related to actual group-buy fulfillment. This is an interest check. People who own MiniVans have interest in this set. Their interest should be denied based on fulfillment difficulties and NOT on a coordinated effort to blacklist a fellow creator in this community of which the people requesting group-buy support have anything to do with.

Sorry, couldn't not respond to this.

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #306 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 13:24:57 »

You guys are missing the point. There obviously is a concerted effort, by several keyset designers, to essentially blacklist Evan and his contributions to the community. It's not about one key...it's about the lack of the feeling of "community" in this hobby. And the comment about "moving on" is ignorant in and of itself. I love Carbon. I still plan on joining this drop. I'm just noticing that mech keys just isn't what it was several years ago. I'm not trying to pick a fight or cause drama, but some people need to grow up.

His keyset, his decision, he and his crews can do whatever they want as they please and you should respect that and stop questioning. Seriously! You either have 2 options: you keep your minivan and walk out the door, or you get a different board and join the GB. Neither option should include crying over boycotting or making claims about being vindictive tada tada. Dude just move on.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 July 2018, 13:30:29 by otanishock »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #307 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 13:33:25 »
Assume this will be dropped on Massdrop? Thank you

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #308 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 13:37:22 »
Assume this will be dropped on Massdrop? Thank you

Exactly. Probably in Q4 2018.

Offline dsaf

« Reply #309 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 15:38:28 »
...Looking back at very succesfull GMK drops like Nautilus or Laser, everytime ISO kits made it barely...

The struggle is real! These days it's a choice between joining now or possibly never. Hopefully future Carbon SA/GMK rounds will be as good or better than the latest ones.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #310 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 15:41:30 »
Practically speaking, blacklisting a product out of principle is the same thing as not including NORDE support because it doesn't sell.

In fact, it is COMPLETELY different. The latter decision in your scenario is really a time investment vs return decision based on lack of investment funds and not satisfying enough sales to reach MOQ, which is a very understandable, reasonable, logic-based decision. The former decision doesn't appear to be rooted in any information/scenario/buyer-interest related to actual group-buy fulfillment. This is an interest check. People who own MiniVans have interest in this set. Their interest should be denied based on fulfillment difficulties and NOT on a coordinated effort to blacklist a fellow creator in this community of which the people requesting group-buy support have anything to do with.

Sorry, couldn't not respond to this.

Yet, this is actually what seems to be happening.

His keyset, his decision, he and his crews can do whatever they want as they please and you should respect that and stop questioning. Seriously! You either have 2 options: you keep your minivan and walk out the door, or you get a different board and join the GB. Neither option should include crying over boycotting or making claims about being vindictive tada tada. Dude just move on.

Nowhere did I say I was boycotting this GB. And I have many keyboards besides my Minivan. I'm in this buy no matter what the kits turn out like...because well...it's Carbon. You obviously can't read between the lines about the bigger picture of what is happening in this community. Instead you keep responding like you're T0mb3ry's boyfriend or something. If he doesn't want to disclose his reasons, no problem. T0mb3ry, just like other creators in the community, need and deserve our support. And that's what I intend to provide. BTW, my bill for SA Carbon R2 ran close to $400 when all was said and done. So, it's not like I'm trying to pick a fight. I'm just passionate about all things mechanical keyboards.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #311 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 16:01:04 »
Thread-Crapping as defined in the GH's group-buy rules and that applies by extension to IC's.

"2) Threadcrapping: If you aren't interested in joining a group buy, STAY OUT OF THE GROUP BUY THREAD. This goes doubly so if you disagree with the way the buy is being run, the product being purchased, or have any other complaint not relevant to buying into the group buy. Repeat offenders put themselves in danger of moderator action."

In an IC, posting once with a suggestion or question is welcome, repeating on the issue is not. The IC is by definition a request on your interest for something as proposed, first. Second, asking your opinion. But, it is not an invitation for disputes.

Bottom line, keep on topic, stop complaining, end the dispute.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #312 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 16:06:42 »
Thread-Crapping as defined in the GH's group-buy rules and that applies by extension to IC's.

"2) Threadcrapping: If you aren't interested in joining a group buy, STAY OUT OF THE GROUP BUY THREAD. This goes doubly so if you disagree with the way the buy is being run, the product being purchased, or have any other complaint not relevant to buying into the group buy. Repeat offenders put themselves in danger of moderator action."

In an IC, posting once with a suggestion or question is welcome, repeating on the issue is not. The IC is by definition a request on your interest for something as proposed, first. Second, asking your opinion. But, it is not an invitation for disputes.

Bottom line, keep on topic, stop complaining, end the dispute.

No problem.

Offline bobdenard

« Reply #313 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 16:30:27 »
Can’t wait for this drop! I am fairly new to this hobby so this will be my first Carbon key set.
If I can make a suggestion: I see you’re doing a Norde/UK kit, would it be possible to add keys for the AZERTY (French) layout? It is never supported on group buys and I know a lot of people would be interested, especially given Carbon’s popularity. I don’t know how it would impact the price for the Euro kit but maybe it could help it reach MOQ.
In any case, keep up the great work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #314 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 17:14:14 »
Can’t wait for this drop! I am fairly new to this hobby so this will be my first Carbon key set.
If I can make a suggestion: I see you’re doing a Norde/UK kit, would it be possible to add keys for the AZERTY (French) layout? It is never supported on group buys and I know a lot of people would be interested, especially given Carbon’s popularity. I don’t know how it would impact the price for the Euro kit but maybe it could help it reach MOQ.

Welcome to mechanical keyboards hobby and to Geekhack.

AZERTY is almost impossible task. Current NORDEUK kit will be already some kind of expensive and there is really no way around it. Tho adding to it another langauge would make it logicaly more expensive. The way i see, AZERTY belongs into SOUTH EU kit. Such kit would contain french, italian, spanish and portuguese languages. The problem however is that this hobby is not popular in EU in order to fullfill the MOQ (which is 100 kits for GMK sets). Where are definitely more than 100 mechanical keyboard enthusiasts in those countries but most of them switched already to US ANSI layout. At the moment SOUTH EU kit might work only with Signatur Plastics MOQs which do start for some kits at 25.

As alternative i suggest you to get an ANSI layout and use it in combination with EurKEY layout. EurKEY is pretty intuitive and it lets you type all european special letters and symbols with ANSI layout.

Offline mingk

« Reply #315 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 13:10:26 »
Hi all

I've never join a GB for keycaps yet but I'm thinking this will be my first! I love Carbon!
I have an ErgoDox EZ, so I plan on getting the ErgoDox kit.

My only question is: Will there be another SA Carbon drop in the near future? And if so will it have kits compatible with the ErgoDox? I've heard there are issues with SA keycaps and ErgoDox.

T0mb3ry you are the man!

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #316 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 13:16:55 »
Hi all

I've never join a GB for keycaps yet but I'm thinking this will be my first! I love Carbon!

My only question is: Will there be another SA Carbon drop in the near future? And if so will it have kits compatible with the ErgoDox? I've heard there are issues with SA keycaps and ErgoDox.

T0mb3ry you are the man!

You need alpha's and a ergodox kit basically. Nothing more.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #317 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 13:24:38 »
Hi all

T0mb3ry you are the man!

The chances of SA Carbon anytime soon is about slim to none. I would guess 1-2 years minimum before we see it again, probably closer to 2 years.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #318 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 14:05:14 »

AZERTY is almost impossible task. Current NORDEUK kit will be already some kind of expensive and there is really no way around it. Tho adding to it another langauge would make it logicaly more expensive. The way i see, AZERTY belongs into SOUTH EU kit. Such kit would contain french, italian, spanish and portuguese languages. The problem however is that this hobby is not popular in EU in order to fullfill the MOQ (which is 100 kits for GMK sets). Where are definitely more than 100 mechanical keyboard enthusiasts in those countries but most of them switched already to US ANSI layout. At the moment SOUTH EU kit might work only with Signatur Plastics MOQs which do start for some kits at 25.

As alternative i suggest you to get an ANSI layout and use it in combination with EurKEY layout. EurKEY is pretty intuitive and it lets you type all european special letters and symbols with ANSI layout.

The well known US-International language character set allows to type most Euro characters using an US-ANSI layout. I do not like it the most, but it is the best choice to be able to use most available custom sets and off-the-shelf keyboards.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #319 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 14:17:02 »
Hi all

T0mb3ry you are the man!

Hello and welcome to Geekhack.

I dont think Carbon SA will happen any time soon. Probably few years will past until the next drop happens. You should probably wait for another Recap drop which happens from time to time on Massdrop. The last Recap had many spare Carbon kits and i think this is a safe way to get it. Otherwise you could search for it on Mechmarket. Its pretty common now since the last drop.
In case of GMK Carbon, i think after this drop it will take also few years for another potential redrop.

Anyway in the end its the demand which plays big factor for an potential redrop.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #320 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 14:40:31 »
It’s ready! Let’s drop this soon!!!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #321 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 15:01:51 »
Not yet. I need to see possible pricings for current base sets and make a decision about keeping R0 and R5 (say the current state of the kits). I went very enthusiastically in the kit creation and they might cost too much for a less enthusiastic person.
This is why i made an IC this early.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #322 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 15:05:03 »
I am excited about this. SA Carbon was one of the first keysets I wanted when joined the community like little over a year ago. Sadly I missed out because it was to complicated/Complex to understand at the time. Also not a HUGE fan of SA so knowing its getting ran in GMK.. is amazing. I am totally looking forward to it. I know this might be a strange question but has anyone ever done render's of Carbon with Galjin symbols? I don't know if it look good but something unique and never hurts to be curious.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #323 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 15:15:13 »
I know this might be a strange question but has anyone ever done render's of Carbon with Galjin symbols? I don't know if it look good but something unique and never hurts to be curious.

We're getting to a point where there are too many keysets with weeb legends, and none of them (except for Serika) even did it 100% right.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 July 2018, 15:19:08 by constexpr »

Offline dsaf

« Reply #324 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 15:22:15 »
When will this soft-lock for feedback / requests?

Offline bobdenard

« Reply #325 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 15:28:30 »

The well known US-International language character set allows to type most Euro characters using an US-ANSI layout. I do not like it the most, but it is the best choice to be able to use most available custom sets and off-the-shelf keyboards.

I know, that’s what I’m using most of the time. It works fine, but I thought it was worth a shot trying to get a real AZERTY keyset. I know my girlfriend would love it. Right now, other than mainstream brands (Razer, Logitech...) only Varmilo has a couple of options, but it’s really slim pickings...

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #326 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 22:28:20 »
I know, that’s what I’m using most of the time. It works fine, but I thought it was worth a shot trying to get a real AZERTY keyset. I know my girlfriend would love it. Right now, other than mainstream brands (Razer, Logitech...) only Varmilo has a couple of options, but it’s really slim pickings...
That's because AZERTY is an ungodly abomination of a layout; you can't even type all of the French characters with it! You should both switch to BÉPO, it's put together much better. Granted, you'd have even less keycap compatibility, but hey, at least you'd be typing on a decent layout.
Alternatively, just use QWERTY (but please stay away from US-Intl, it's almost as bad as AZERTY).
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 July 2018, 22:35:56 by constexpr »

Offline mingk

« Reply #327 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 13:36:51 »
Mark me down for the Carbon Base Kit, Ergoplanck Kit, Beezarre alphas, Boneyard alphas, Xtra 4.0 kit, Novelties Kit, Lambda Kit, and Warning Signs (function row).

I am not missing out on this. Not gonna regret not getting something 2+ years from now.

Offline Poesjuh

[IC] GMK Carbon R2
« Reply #328 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 13:57:00 »
@T0mb3ry,
Any news with regards to the vertical kit that would also include accent keys to combine with the Bone Alpha’s? Or is that the 4.0 kit? Since that seems to have every modifier and accent keys

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #329 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 15:11:13 »
@T0mb3ry,
Any news with regards to the vertical kit that would also include accent keys to combine with the Bone Alpha’s? Or is that the 4.0 kit? Since that seems to have every modifier and accent keys

I've discarded the idea with vertikal function keys because there are too many combinations and that would make the Xtra 4.0 kit too big. Also as alternative for vertical function keys people can use row 1 warning signs, which do allow all possible combination and dont have any particular meaning/functionality.
Regarding the accent keys for bone base, the Xtra 4.0 kit is already huge i dont want to make it bigger. Also the Xtra 4.0 kit has the purpose to offer row4 bottom row for low angle keyboards and 40% layouts. Overall there are already too many kits for an GMK Set and i dont want to add any more. So basically right now i dont see any way to add some orange accent keys for Bone.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #330 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 17:12:10 »
@T0mb3ry,

I've discarded the idea with vertikal function keys because there are too many combinations and that would make the Xtra 4.0 kit too big. Also as alternative for vertical function keys people can use row 1 warning signs, which do allow all possible combination and dont have any particular meaning/functionality.
Regarding the accent keys for bone base, the Xtra 4.0 kit is already huge i dont want to make it bigger. Also the Xtra 4.0 kit has the purpose to offer row4 bottom row for low angle keyboards and 40% layouts. Overall there are already too many kits for an GMK Set and i dont want to add any more. So basically right now i dont see any way to add some orange accent keys for Bone.
Ah, pity :( I still want it, but would have loved accent caps without buying 2 alpha sets :P

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #331 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 17:33:56 »
@T0mb3ry,

Ah, pity :( I still want it, but would have loved accent caps without buying 2 alpha sets :P

MK common trend is not be cheap. Cheap-shame.   :p

Remark: I hate to expend more than it is really needed, so cheap-shame-on-me.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #332 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 17:37:39 »
@T0mb3ry,

After looking at both base kits it kinda seems “unfair” that the regular base kit does get 2 arrow kits, 2 enters and 2 escapes (all the accent caps) while the bone kit only gets one of each.

So logically thinking, the bone kit should either be cheaper or also get 2 of each ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #333 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 17:42:42 »
@T0mb3ry,

After looking at both base kits it kinda seems “unfair” that the regular base kit does get 2 arrow kits, 2 enters and 2 escapes (all the accent caps) while the bone kit only gets one of each.

So logically thinking, the bone kit should either be cheaper or also get 2 of each ;)

It is called "bone" for a reason. Isn't it? It is all barebones.  :))

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #334 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 17:56:39 »
@T0mb3ry,

Inb4 barebones price then, I’m ready. Cheap-shame let’s go 🤣

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #335 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 18:05:52 »
@T0mb3ry,
Show Image

Ah, pity :( I still want it, but would have loved accent caps without buying 2 alpha sets :p

Inb4 barebones price then, I’m ready. Cheap-shame let’s go 🤣

Jokes aside. Both sets are very well featured. The only difference is that the main has accents.  :thumb:

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #336 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 23:21:21 »
Not yet. I need to see possible pricings for current base sets and make a decision about keeping R0 and R5 (say the current state of the kits). I went very enthusiastically in the kit creation and they might cost too much for a less enthusiastic person.
This is why i made an IC this early.
Could you look at pricing from enthusiast POV as well? This set is ground braking in many ways, so a lot of folks will want to buy many, many kits, and it's going to be brutal to wallets.
Here is a random idea: GMK pricing supposedly is better for bigger kits.  Is it possible to create "bundle Novelties kit" that include all Novelties, that pushes up each Novelty kit's quantity up and offered at bundle discount? Maybe this is a pipe dream. ;D

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #337 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 02:35:13 »

The idea of Bone set is to offer an option of "Carbon" set without orange color. So adding some orange accent keys will kind of sway away from that idea. Netherless i am looking into it but i dont promisse to add some accen keys to Bone base.
Carbon base does offer accent keys in order to give an option to eliminate the orange keys. Say it gives you the option to tune the amount of orange you like.

Those two base sets are also quite different. Bone is bicolor and uses classic color schema. Carbon is tricolor and its using its original color schema (plus its offering accent keys for orange key elimination). Thus they cant be treated equally.

Could you look at pricing from enthusiast POV as well? This set is ground braking in many ways, so a lot of folks will want to buy many, many kits, and it's going to be brutal to wallets.
Here is a random idea: GMK pricing supposedly is better for bigger kits.  Is it possible to create "bundle Novelties kit" that include all Novelties, that pushes up each Novelty kit's quantity up and offered at bundle discount? Maybe this is a pipe dream. ;D

My enthusiastic POV has high limits in terms of pricing (depending on what is offered). I know you probably share with me same views but other people, who are not as enthusiastic, do share different views and their financial limits for this niche hobby are also lower. The challange here is more to get a good balance between value (what is offered) and price. From my POV right now the base kits look perfect without knowing the price.

Regarding the merging all novelties into one big Novelty kit. You are right about bigger sets. Bigger sets have best dollar per key ratio in general. Tho there is also the issue about how many keys you can utilize. For example base kits are huge but they need to be this big in order to give different layouts a coverage. The MOQ is the major factor in that setup and there is no way around it. You cant use all the keys from base kit but most users will definitely use most of them. So base kits do have good price/value ratio and most importantly they are necessary most of the time in order to use other kits.
The Novelties on the other hand are niche and optional. Some people like them, some people dont. If we take warning signs kits for example. Each kit offers colors for Carbon and Bone and depending on how you want to utilize them you pay probably extra. But this is ok because they are optional. IMO they have still good value/price ratio for what they are. However merging these would make that value/price ratio worse if you are using a layout without function row (row 0 in the current kit state). Overall i think the majority will take only specific kits they need.
The kits are designed with the goal to provide best value/price ratio (if purchased logicaly). And there is also the difference between the importance of specific kits. Sure i will not be able to please everyone, there will be still people who has snowflake wishes, but current state of kits is best (considering all facts and limits given) IMHO.
In short: i dont think there will be enough buyers for an Novelty kit bundle.

« Last Edit: Mon, 23 July 2018, 02:49:22 by T0mb3ry »

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #338 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 03:53:22 »
In short: i dont think there will be enough buyers for an Novelty kit bundle.
Understood and makes sense.  Guess I just need to shock proof my wallet. :cool:
Thx for taking time to explain your thoughts.

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #339 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 13:44:52 »
My enthusiastic POV has high limits in terms of pricing (depending on what is offered). I know you probably share with me same views but other people, who are not as enthusiastic, do share different views and their financial limits for this niche hobby are also lower. The challange here is more to get a good balance between value (what is offered) and price. From my POV right now the base kits look perfect without knowing the price.
With a little patience people can do the same as me: buy Base set + Warning Signs on one drop and wait two years to buy other kits on the next drop ;D Easy.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #340 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 13:47:58 »
With a little patience people can do the same as me: buy Base set + Warning Signs on one drop and wait two years to buy other kits on the next drop ;D Easy.

If you have a crystal ball and thus you are sure on an upcoming R3. Then yes.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #341 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 14:34:47 »
Money is ready.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #342 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 14:57:34 »
just wanted to throw this idea out there. I wouldn't mind seeing Carbon run in XDA at some point. I honestly think XDA is my favorite  profile hands down. Though GMK is really nice also, but figured since this is a Incoming any idea's are welcome. Though wouldn't expect this to be changed from GMK just giving new idea's is all.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #343 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 15:27:41 »
just wanted to throw this idea out there. I wouldn't mind seeing Carbon run in XDA at some point. I honestly think XDA is my favorite  profile hands down. Though GMK is really nice also, but figured since this is a Incoming any idea's are welcome. Though wouldn't expect this to be changed from GMK just giving new idea's is all.

Will never happen. I will not provide my work to people who produce knockoffs.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #344 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 16:06:50 »

O got ya completely understandable. I am guessing there only one company with XDA profile molds. Honestly I figured SP might have XDA molds since they do DSA. The entire profile thing is a bit confusing at times. This also explains why we don't see more sets run in XDA

Offline befbef

« Reply #345 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 17:35:10 »
I hope we won't see more xda. Unbelievable over-rated thin plastic. That would be a degradation for such a legendary set.

Offline K.Mak

« Reply #346 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 22:16:50 »
I really like the mod colored F row, wish most dual tone sets came with it but I guess it jacks the price up.

Offline godlikekitten

« Reply #347 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 23:49:53 »
Rolling bones  :eek: sign me the **** up

Offline mingk

« Reply #348 on: Wed, 25 July 2018, 00:05:43 »

What's the story behind this?
Kind of new to this world and don't know who produces XDA and what they did..

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #349 on: Wed, 25 July 2018, 02:28:27 »

What's the story behind this?
Kind of new to this world and don't know who produces XDA and what they did..
Few months back there were postings on reddit about XDA Godspeed knock offs with Micons. This treatment is kind of strange and leaves bad taste in the mouth, if you think that MiTo generated for them quite lot of money with his designs. And still you see XDA Godspeed knockoffs on Ali and TaoBao. I will wonder if MiTo will run another XDA Godspeed again, but its up to him.

But why bother? It does not make sense because they always did it and will always do. I for myself work only with GMK and Signatur Plastics. Intelectual Property is not foreign term for them and they are the best, since their quality is still unmatched.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 July 2018, 03:56:22 by T0mb3ry »