Author Topic: SafeType keyboard review (seriously, what the hell)  (Read 7509 times)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
SafeType keyboard review (seriously, what the hell)
« on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 05:00:42 »
As teased recently, a review of the SafeType keyboard. I'd say "words fail me", but that wouldn't be completely accurate :p . Hope you enjoy the video! :)

Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
Re: SafeType keyboard review (seriously, what the hell)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 13:15:05 »
I learned a ton about keyboards from you, and watch your channel regularly, this review was fantastic, and certainly put a smile on my face on christmas day.

I'll be looking in my keyboard mirrors for your future reviews.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 18:58:53 »
That typing demo was hilarious.

One look at this is all you need to know this was designed by the C.E. O. and marketing manager.
When they announced this to employees I guarantee that at least two engineers looked at each other and went "oh sh*t", and after a question or two (because that would have been all that was allowed) the meeting ended with both knowing full well how this would end. In my case we went from 55 employees to 5 in just 3 months.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 19:29:45 »
As teased recently, a review of the SafeType keyboard. I'd say "words fail me", but that wouldn't be completely accurate :p . Hope you enjoy the video! :)

imagine being that stupid that you need mirrors to type lmao