Author Topic: Need Help Finding a Key  (Read 2860 times)

Offline acidtrip69

Need Help Finding a Key
« on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 00:56:45 »
Hello fellow geeks. a few days a ago i was looking at some pics on this site, and i came across a nice key that i want now. It looked like a white ptb with dye subed pic of audrey hepburn on it. Does anyone have any info on this key ? I would really like to know more about this key and were can i get one ?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Re: Need Help Finding a Key
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 01:02:01 »
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 02:23:23 »
No thats not it. thats not even audrey hepburn i think. I  just went through months of post in the media section and i couldn't find it :( but if anyone does know about the key plz say so.

edit : i was able to find 1 pic. the person from the thread said they are dye subed and they are made by kbc i think.

http://i.imgur.com/ZpTgf.jpg
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 November 2013, 02:31:58 by acidtrip69 »

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 02:44:54 »
Ok, i found 2 keys that i like. They look like the one i was looking for and a extra one i found that i liked. All i need to know do they ship to California USA ? or will i need a proxy ? does anyone know ?

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=13203958850

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14988648714

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 02:50:58 »
Yeah I was pretty sure that wasn't Audrey Hepburn but I thought you might have been mistaken. You'll definitely need a proxy to get stuff from TaoBao, contact Feng and see if he can help you out!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 03:11:23 »
Yeah I was pretty sure that wasn't Audrey Hepburn but I thought you might have been mistaken. You'll definitely need a proxy to get stuff from TaoBao, contact Feng and see if he can help you out!
I"m trying to make a account but its pain in the ASS. I once bought something from feng, and i never got it. It was a pain in the ass getting my money back.  Is he the only that can help me with this ? Is there anyone else that can help ?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 03:30:09 »
Yeah getting an account with TaoBao won't help you anyway as they don't ship outside China. If you don't want to use Feng then try using TaoBaoFocus, I've used them for proxying before and the stuff arrived within a fortnight.

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 03:36:54 »
Yeah getting an account with TaoBao won't help you anyway as they don't ship outside China. If you don't want to use Feng then try using TaoBaoFocus, I've used them for proxying before and the stuff arrived within a fortnight.
can you link me to their site ? i could give feng one more try. I'll see what happens.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 10:28:57 »
Why don't you just buy it from imsto directly? They are who made them anyway.

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 13:14:12 »
how do i do that ? can you link to their store page ?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 13:20:18 »

You can send a PM to user imsto and tell him you want the cap with the woman on this page

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5.w4002-2339813136.89.xp8xa8&id=13203958850

he will tell you how much

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 13:41:41 »
Hey Spamray,

do you have any experience with Imsto custom dyesubs? How much is it to get a single portrait dyesubbed? And what about getting colors added?

That picture of Audrey Hepburn looks great, but I'm wondering whether my family members would look ok when dyesubbed... hehheh. Do you email him your photos or something?

And NO, if anyone is wondering, I have no intention of taking Gutz's face (the guy on my avatar) and getting that dyesubbed. I don't feel like typing on his berserker face...

You can send a PM to user imsto and tell him you want the cap with the woman on this page

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5.w4002-2339813136.89.xp8xa8&id=13203958850

Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 13:45:11 »
Hey Spamray,

do you have any experience with Imsto custom dyesubs? How much is it to get a single portrait dyesubbed? And what about getting colors added?

That picture of Audrey Hepburn looks great, but I'm wondering whether my family members would look ok when dyesubbed... hehheh. Do you email him your photos or something?

And NO, if anyone is wondering, I have no intention of taking Gutz's face (the guy on my avatar) and getting that dyesubbed. I don't feel like typing on his berserker face...

I've only ordered keys he already had made up, so I'm not really sure. He is a really nice guy just have to make sure you explain exactly what your wanting and he will let you know if it is possible.

Offline mfwebb

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 18:17:27 »
Register with taobao, wait 7 days, then use taobaoFOCUS website to order.  They will send to USA and the site isn't that hard to use once you get used to it. I can translate any mandarin for you as well just send me a PM.  I'm not a native speaker but I have been studying it for four years and my girlfriend is Chinese.  I need to earn some karma with this community because I'm trying to finish my KMAC but can't find the 1 x 1.5 R1 keycaps for the modifier keys, haha.