Author Topic: Anker Vertical Mouse, a.k.a., the BingeMouse  (Read 5998 times)

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
Anker Vertical Mouse, a.k.a., the BingeMouse
« on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 12:53:54 »
Welcome to my second review: the Anker Vertical Mouse, with even more crappy pictures!

POTATOES!

This is it:

Soon.

As you guys can see, it's a little 'taller' than regular mouses!

That is because it's verical!

Let's begin with it's technical specs:
Resolution: It has two: 1000 and 1600 DPI, which are changeable by pressing a button.
OS capability: I've tried it in Linux, but Amazon swears it works on Mac and Windows too.
Life: 1 million dollars clicks. Therefore, not Cherries in it.

Now, let's compare it with a regular mouse, in this case my Razer DeathAdder:

Holy crap, that mouse is dirty!

As you can see, it's way taller. That has a bad aspect: I keep karate chopping the mouse when I move my hand to use it. It is kinda fun but also annoying.

You may ask, what is the difference? Is it just taller? Nope. You hold it differently:
You hold the reg. mouse with your palm down...
while you hold the Anker with your palm to turned to side.

That makes it more ergonomic. It is more comfortable to move your hand that way than moving it sideways with the regular mouse. It took me a while to get used to move the mouse up and down, however, because you actually need to move your arm a bit or hold it with your fingers flexed and unflex them. That made it a bit awkward to use the mouse with 1000DPI, as I needed to move it too much to get a decent displacement of the cursor.

Moving it sideways is amazing, nevertheless. It is much better than twisting my wrist.

TL;DR

The BingeMouse is quite comfortable, but it takes a while to get used to. It can be used to do (regular non professional for fun) gaming just fine (I played Dota and Klondlike). Karate chopping the Anker is a bit annoying, though. I highly recommend it, though. It's more ergonomic than a regular mouse, and way cheaper than a decent trackball (as it costs 12 bucks).

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: Anker Vertical Mouse, a.k.a., the BingeMouse
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 16:15:42 »
Good use of gifs

Neat product that I'd actually consider buying if I didn't play so much dota

8/10 review
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 16:26:10 »
I have one.  It hurts my wrist and isn't as accurate as horizontal mouse. 
Instead having the surface under the mouse help you press the buttons on it because you're pushing downward, the vertical design requires you to squeeze the mouse to press the buttons, since there's no table under the buttons to resist the force.  This constant squeezing made my hand hurt.  Also, if you don't squeeze it with symmetrical enough force, the mouse will move slightly when you're clicking.

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 16:30:49 »
Good use of gifs

8/10 review

As I mentioned, you can use it pretty fine for Dota. It has the same amount of buttons than my DeathAdder.

Instead having the surface under the mouse help you press the buttons on it because you're pushing downward, the vertical design requires you to squeeze the mouse to press the buttons, since there's no table under the buttons to resist the force.  This constant squeezing made my hand hurt.  Also, if you don't squeeze it with symmetrical enough force, the mouse will move slightly when you're clicking.

That is true, you do need to squeeze it. Perhaps in the long run it'll also hurt my hands. And the not symmetrical force is true, I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it.

Anyway, I still think it's a nice mouse and a decent (and cheap) midway between a reg. mouse and a trackball.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 17:06:29 »
Instead having the surface under the mouse help me press the buttons on it because I push downward, the vertical design forces me to squeeze the mouse to press the buttons, since there's no table under the buttons to resist the force.  This constant squeezing made my hand hurt.  Also, if I don't squeeze it with enough symmetrical force, the mouse will move slightly when I clicking.

FTFY

Vertical mice are not everyone's cup of tea.  For others the invention is a godsend
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 November 2013, 17:08:37 by Binge »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 22:42:22 »
Good use of gifs

8/10 review

As I mentioned, you can use it pretty fine for Dota. It has the same amount of buttons than my DeathAdder.

That is true, you do need to squeeze it. Perhaps in the long run it'll also hurt my hands. And the not symmetrical force is true, I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it.

Anyway, I still think it's a nice mouse and a decent (and cheap) midway between a reg. mouse and a trackball.

It's fine for general use, but not for precision clicking, like that needed for FPS games, digital art, or CAD.

Offline Reomero

• Manual breather
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 06:39:51 »
inb4 wanker mouse (I think someone's already said that...)

Nice review, though vertical mice don't tickle my fancy.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 13:27:58 »
Good use of gifs

8/10 review

It's fine for general use, but not for precision clicking, like that needed for FPS games, digital art, or CAD.

I do precision work all the time with my mouse.  Regular mice are not any more or less precise.  This is just the case with your hands.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 05:23:05 »
Do you have any pictures of the mouse _in use_ (aka with you hand on it)? I have some, but only for a different vertical mouse.

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 08:35:38 »
Pretty much the same as yours :P