Author Topic: LF a solid tutorial on wiring and programing a keyboard controller.  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Criterus

I finished up a ergodox a couple weeks ago, and I'd like to take what I learned a little further. I've found plenty of tutorials for wiring the switches together, but I haven't found a solid explanation on how to wire it to a controller and then write the code for a matrix.

I'd just like to wire up a simple 1 layer 10 key or something along that lines and then work through writing the code or modifying code for it so that I can better understand the software side of what is going on. I'm familiar with the teensy controller only because that is what I used on the Ergodox, but I'm open to suggestions on that subject.

Any direction would be appreciated. I dug through a couple "living thread and made some searches, but I didn't see what I was looking for.

-Crit

Offline Hzza

Offline Criterus

Re: LF a solid tutorial on wiring and programing a keyboard controller.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 05:23:04 »
Thanks. I saw this firmware tut, but I just wasn't sure when I read through if that was going to be the jumping off point. I'll monkey around with it and see where I get. Thanks for the direction.

Offline Hzza

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 05:28:50 »
The hardware is reasonably reasonable (make lots of notes about what is connected where), the firmware is a bit of a jump I'll admit, but it does make sense if you read along whilst doing...if I can get my head around it, most people should :D.

Also, ask for help in those threads if you need it, that's why they're there.

Offline Criterus

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 07:21:59 »
Yea the jump between hardware and software is what I'm trying to wrap my head around. Figuring out how to to pin what to what. I'll just buy a Teensy with the pins and a bread board and start tinkering. It cant be that hard it's just going to take some more reading/experimentation.