geekhack Community > Meetups

Milwaukee, WI Meetup - June 3rd at Milwaukee Art Museum

(1/10) > >>

HoffmanMyster:
Date and venue have been selected!  Please fill out the RSVP Form if you haven't done so.  :)

Date: Sunday, June 3rd
Time: 12:00-4:00pm
Location: Milwaukee Art Museum, 700 N Art Museum Dr, Milwaukee, WI 53202
Room: We will be in the Quadracci Suite, which is a meeting room to the right (south) as you enter the front doors, on the second level (stairs or elevator to access)
Parking: The museum offers parking in the underground garage for $8, otherwise there will be somewhat nearby street parking if you prefer
Food: We are not allowed to bring in outside catered food (snacks and water bottles allowed of course), but there is a cafe downstairs that can serve some food on an individual basis if desired

Cost: The meetup will not have a cover fee or other required payment, but I did book the venue out of pocket, so any help funding the event would be greatly appreciated!  (Edit: Please send whatever you feel comfortable contributing to my PayPal - the venue cost me $400, so any little bit to help would be appreciated, thanks :) )  If any vendors would like to help sponsor the meetup, please let me know!

Update 5/31:

Getting excited for this!!   ;D

* Updated Discord link (shouldn't expire) - come say hi!  https://discord.gg/vx8hXVH
* Running list of keyboards at the meetup (view only, please message me to add to the list)  Link
* There will be a giveaway during the event!!  Thank you so much to switchsmith.co for donating some cables/sleeves (more info to come once the package arrives) and to /u/Tchrspest for donating some artisan caps for the giveaway!
As was mentioned a few posts ago, we're right around 40 RSVPs, which should be a great turnout.  :) 

I have received some donations so far (thank you to all who have contributed! :-* ), and anything else that people are willing to contribute would be very much appreciated.  I won't be able to cover the cost of all of these meetups going forward, so will have to lean on you guys for the next one or we'll need to think about other venues (tough to find cool/interesting venues for affordable rates (or even uncool venues, for that matter), this was the best one I managed to find).  So do please let me know what you think of the venue - I think this is a really nice place and worth the cost, but I'd like to hear everyone's opinions as we move forward.

Other housekeeping items:
I will have hand sanitizer at the tables
There will be name tags and note cards for labeling people and keyboards
Anything else you'd like to see at the event??

Sneak peak at the space:

Old info:
MoreAnyone in the SE WI (and Chicago) area interested in a meetup in Milwaukee?  I'd like to put something together for sometime this spring/summer.

I don't see a lot of active people from the area on here, so if you are speak up!  ^-^

Edit: Please fill out the google form here if interested in the meetup :thumb:

graefeln:
I'd be interested - could probably even drag a friend along.

DJSwayde:
I would be interested. We also have a Chicago meetup on 4/14.

HoffmanMyster:

--- Quote from: graefeln on Wed, 31 January 2018, 11:00:01 ---I'd be interested - could probably even drag a friend along.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: DJSwayde on Wed, 31 January 2018, 13:14:03 ---I would be interested. We also have a Chicago meetup on 4/14.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the interest!  :)  I added a google form to the OP if you two wouldn't mind filling it out.  :thumb: 

And sadly I will be at the Midwest Gaming Classic up in Milwaukee on the day of that Chicago meetup, DJSwayde.  :|

DJSwayde:

--- Quote from: HoffmanMyster on Wed, 31 January 2018, 13:54:42 ---
--- Quote from: graefeln on Wed, 31 January 2018, 11:00:01 ---I'd be interested - could probably even drag a friend along.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: DJSwayde on Wed, 31 January 2018, 13:14:03 ---I would be interested. We also have a Chicago meetup on 4/14.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the interest!  :)  I added a google form to the OP if you two wouldn't mind filling it out.  :thumb: 

And sadly I will be at the Midwest Gaming Classic up in Milwaukee on the day of that Chicago meetup, DJSwayde.  :|

--- End quote ---
Aw nuts, it was originally supposed to be on 4/21, but there were issues booking the venue for that date. :(

Oh well, Milwaukee is only about an hour or so away, I wouldn't mind making a quick trip up there for a meetup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version