Author Topic: [IC] GMK Coral - benefiting the Coral Reef Alliance (GB: Oct 11)  (Read 53195 times)

Offline HoodrowThrillson

Re: [IC] GMK Coral - benefiting the Coral Reef Alliance (GB: Oct 11)
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 09:18:49 »
smol update,

I talked to GMK and they allowed me to swap the "\|" key in the "Coral Relief" kit for a tab key, which means you will be able to fill 2 boards (one standard and one tsangan) with a basekit + "Coral Relief" kit
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 13:00:13 »
smol update,

I talked to GMK and they allowed me to swap the "\|" key in the "Coral Relief" kit for a tab key, which means you will be able to fill 2 boards (one standard and one tsangan) with a basekit + "Coral Relief" kit

Smol but good update!!
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline amperrsand

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 22:13:16 »
I guess I missed hitting enter or something, because I swear I left a post and it's not here. Whatever, what my post was supposed to say, was that while I don't think the kit is for me, the colors do work well together, and I think it is insanely awesome for you to donate some of the proceeds.

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 06:51:05 »
Reorganized my IC a little bit, cleaned it up so I can send it off to the groupbuy stage tonight.

I doubt anyone will read this post but, I really want to thank everyone who has helped, supported, and offered advice throughout this process. Without y'all, this would never have been possible. I've learned a great deal the past month about this whole process and it's been a roller coaster of emotions.

Regardless of the outcome of GMK Coral, I just want to say thank you.

(now let's go buy some plastic to save the coral reefs...soon)
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline Yahhms

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 10:23:17 »
 :thumb:

Offline L0rdN1k0n

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 10:24:25 »
Do you think the final product will look more like the render (more vibrant colors) or the pantones (more muted)? I love the vibrant renders. This would be my first keycap group buy ever.
Ducky One 2 Horizon full-size Cherry MX brown /w Tai-Hao Midnight Dawn ABS
Cooler Master CK550 full-size Gateron blue /w Tai-Hao blood red/black PBT and Dota 2 Juggernaut aluminium artisan
Compaq RT101 full-size WKL NMB dome /w slider
Dell QuietKey RT7D5JTW full-size NMB dome /w slider

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 10:52:29 »
Do you think the final product will look more like the render (more vibrant colors) or the pantones (more muted)? I love the vibrant renders. This would be my first keycap group buy ever.
So the pantone chips I have shown is what I will be color matching. Renders are just computer generated images so they aren't exactly accurate but give a good representation of what it will look like. Additionally, lighting may change the look (white light, nature light, yellow light, etc.).

The renders are close to what I envision the final product to look like.

Offline HoodrowThrillson