Author Topic: [IC] Ion: Xeno 75% - Group buy open now @zealpc.net !!  (Read 163786 times)

Offline lac29

Re: [IC] ION Keyboards: Xeno - 75% Custom
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 08:23:10 »
What will the layout options be? Split backspace? Split left shift? Split spacebar?

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #201 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 09:46:23 »
What will the layout options be? Split backspace? Split left shift? Split spacebar?

The available layouts is posted in the OP.  Although, I think split space may be removed due to the location of some components on the PCB.

And while I'm here, I wanted to touch on the F-row spacing real quick and why I don't want to do it:

A.  This would be my ideal option as the spacing between the ESC and F1 matches the blocker for the arrows, but then that leads to F9-F12 to be even with the keys under them which defeats my goal with this layout.  The indicator area is also a bit cramped.

B.  This is feasible, although I personally don't like the non matching spacing with the bottom row blocker and in turn ruining my original aesthetic.  I much prefer the look with no spacing and having the F keys centered over the row below it.

I'm not going to make any solid promises due to my work schedule, but the CAD is about 90% finished so I hope to have an update within the next week or 2.  I'll have some better renders done by an outside party once the CAD is finished.  :cool:

Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #202 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 12:45:22 »
I prefer no f row spacing. I am used to f keys being basically aligned with the corresponding number key (not necessarily exactly above them, but the same distance/angle from them all if that makes sense). Basically I like your design best
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #203 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 01:54:12 »
Have you decided on the colours you will be offering yet?

If possible, I motion a strong push for green... to justify my purchase of GMK Royal Alpha!
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #204 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 19:37:13 »
Really digging this and I'm in need of an aluminum 75%. Excited to see the final color choices!  :thumb:

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #205 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 18:05:09 »
This is looking very good! . I like the simple design and I also love the idea of matching number pad. My main complaint with the small boards is no number pad and this would slove that for people who want it and who dont ! Keep it up . Look forward to seeing what it turns in to. Im aboard from what ive seen!  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline crtexcnndrm99

• *profile image used without permission* ;)
« Reply #206 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 20:59:04 »
If anyone else is similarly torn between 1800, 96-key and 75% layouts, a matching number pad would be  perfect :) Look forward to more information!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're a smooth smoothie, you know? ~ Gaear Grimsrud

Offline TheZissou

Re: [IC] ION Keyboards: Xeno 75% & Xenopad
« Reply #207 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 12:54:54 »
Love the numpad idea. Also hoping white is a color we see in the final group buy.

Offline cdn-mini

« Reply #208 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 12:59:32 »
Really dislike the large gap and the 3 dots for lights? looks very odd but i guess its your trademark?

Offline Idef1x

« Reply #209 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 14:26:50 »
Really dislike the large gap and the 3 dots for lights? looks very odd but i guess its your trademark?

The spacing on this board is exactly why I like it  ;D to each their own I guess.  :thumb:
Board: Clueboard 66%, 65g Zealios, /dev/tty caps.

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #210 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 22:37:07 »
I prefer no f row spacing. I am used to f keys being basically aligned with the corresponding number key (not necessarily exactly above them, but the same distance/angle from them all if that makes sense). Basically I like your design best

I agree with this . The Main pic on the very first page is the best IMO, love the big block of F keys no spaces.

This is what I find unique to the whole board. Love that look and hopefully liike you said 3 dots hopefully light up..

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #211 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 23:45:03 »

I'm just trying to do something a little different, I understand that it isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea and that is fine.

I agree with this . The Main pic on the very first page is the best IMO, love the big block of F keys no spaces.

This is what I find unique to the whole board. Love that look and hopefully liike you said 3 dots hopefully light up..

Of course they will light up.  They are intended to be lock indicators, but you can do what you want with them.   :thumb:

In other related news:

At this point, it's looking like the pad will be run as well.  I have no definitive info on a timeline as I'm currently in the process of getting my Classic 60 wrapped up that should be ready verrrry soon, waiting on the proto and to finish up some last minute details on that but it is coming.  This project will be sometime after that.

Offline gt1989

« Reply #212 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 23:49:26 »
Great to hear that the matching numpad will run as well. Also glad this isn't running soon because my wallet needs to recover from joining the time tkl GB.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
[IC] ION Keyboards: Xeno 75% & Xenopad
« Reply #213 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 12:45:07 »

I'm just trying to do something a little different, I understand that it isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea and that is fine.

Of course they will light up.  They are intended to be lock indicators, but you can do what you want with them.   :thumb:

In other related news:

At this point, it's looking like the pad will be run as well.  I have no definitive info on a timeline as I'm currently in the process of getting my Classic 60 wrapped up that should be ready verrrry soon, waiting on the proto and to finish up some last minute details on that but it is coming.  This project will be sometime after that.

Awesome that the pad is running as well!

But take your time i’m a bit tied up in other buys at the moment and can use the time to replenish funds
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #214 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 14:52:52 »
Interested and curious. Will check back when the vendor is locked in.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline crtexcnndrm99

« Reply #215 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 22:31:28 »

In other related news:

But take your time i’m a bit tied up in other buys at the moment and can use the time to replenish funds

OmegaSupreme I thought I’d seen you in almost every other keyboard thread I’ve been following this month! ;)

In the same boat though (so many buys going on this month - it’s ridiculous).

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #216 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 22:48:09 »

In other related news:

OmegaSupreme I thought I’d seen you in almost every other keyboard thread I’ve been following this month! ;)

Haha we got great taste  :p

Funny I was saying the same thing to another user, Amnesia, the other day.

I did just back out of the SaiB board buy though.  Have to slow it down a wee bit and reprioritize.

But the ION is a must buy for me.  Especially after I requested the numpad.
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #217 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 23:12:26 »

In other related news:

I did just back out of the SaiB board buy though.  Have to slow it down a wee bit and reprioritize.

I hope this doesn’t come too soon. I do want one, I’ve been very bad the last month or so. And then there’s laser. But I do need a nice 75% at some point :O

Offline crtexcnndrm99

« Reply #218 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 23:26:24 »

In other related news:

You backed out of the SaiB?.. such control ;)

I'm in for the SaiB, but if this was going to be noticeablly more affordable I'd jump ship to this one, maybe then I wouldn't feel so guilty about it  :-\

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #219 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 23:30:44 »

In other related news:

OmegaSupreme I thought I’d seen you in almost every other keyboard thread I’ve been following this month!

Haha we got great taste 

You backed out of the SaiB?.. such control

I'm in for the SaiB, but if this was going to be noticeablly more affordable I'd jump ship to this one, maybe then I wouldn't feel so guilty about it 

Yeah it was hard to drop out of. But I’m planning on getting a tx cp so I’ll let that scratch my 1800 cp itch.

So many boards that are coming pretty soon that I want, Tokyo60, M0110, Rama TKL. Bah. Gonna be a tough few months ahead!
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 November 2017, 23:34:03 by OmegaSupreme »

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #220 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 23:31:42 »

In other related news:

OmegaSupreme I thought I’d seen you in almost every other keyboard thread I’ve been following this month!

Haha we got great taste 

I hope this doesn’t come too soon. I do want one, I’ve been very bad the last month or so. And then there’s laser. But I do need a nice 75% at some point :O

Don’t kid yourself amnesia. I know your going to be in!
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 November 2017, 23:46:56 by OmegaSupreme »

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #221 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 00:28:09 »
Really appreciate the support dudes, means a lot.  That being said, no need to hold out on things for fear of this launching.  As I've said previously, I've partnered with a vendor that I have a 60% that I will be launching before this.  That board is already prototyped and about ready to go.  I'm not sure of a timeframe on this board, but I'm hoping for early next year after the holidays and what not.  Even if this was ready now, there is too much stuff out there right now.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #222 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 03:07:56 »
Really appreciate the support dudes, means a lot.  That being said, no need to hold out on things for fear of this launching.  As I've said previously, I've partnered with a vendor that I have a 60% that I will be launching before this.  That board is already prototyped and about ready to go.  I'm not sure of a timeframe on this board, but I'm hoping for early next year after the holidays and what not.  Even if this was ready now, there is too much stuff out there right now.

This is good for me :D

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #223 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 04:37:22 »
Wew the matching numpad is nice. It would be awesome if the numpad could be attachable to the keyboard (literally connected), to make a sort of 96% when connected

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #224 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 05:06:41 »

Holding out saves me money hehe :)

Offline crtexcnndrm99

« Reply #225 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 16:22:34 »

Good stuff man! This is great news haha

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #226 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 21:21:50 »
I really like this layout. It fixes all my gripes with the existing 75% boards on the market but still saves more space than a TKL.
Are those 3 dots LED indicators?

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #227 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 22:13:27 »
I really like this layout. It fixes all my gripes with the existing 75% boards on the market but still saves more space than a TKL.
Are those 3 dots LED indicators?

Yes they are.

Offline bciamny

« Reply #228 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 22:39:43 »
pwner i love your design language for this set. been following since your original post. i'm more of a tkl person but now that the numpad will be run too i am definitely in. great job on this thus far.

maybe this has been answered already and i missed it but where is the seam supposed to be on the board/numpad?

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #229 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 22:52:20 »
pwner i love your design language for this set. been following since your original post. i'm more of a tkl person but now that the numpad will be run too i am definitely in. great job on this thus far.

maybe this has been answered already and i missed it but where is the seam supposed to be on the board/numpad?

Offline bciamny

« Reply #230 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 23:19:08 »

Show Image

ah makes sense when juxtaposed with the examples with the diffuser. thanks :)

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #231 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 09:26:53 »

Show Image

Pwner, is there still plans for a white version?

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #232 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 09:46:57 »

Show Image

Ideally, yes.  But to be perfectly honest, I want a nice pure white personally.  IMO, that is achieved by cerakote.  I am going to work with my vendor and see what we can do about arranging that, but if something can't be worked out, I will at least try and get a raw finish so you would have that option if you wanted to go that route.  I believe you can cerakote over anodizing, but I feel like having a nice raw finish would be ideal.  This isn't my area of expertise, but I will certainly look at all options.  I'll be getting more in to those details when I have a firm timeline.

Offline shadowrealmwarez

« Reply #233 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 09:54:20 »
Any plans to make the numpad attachable similar to how the Tank was made?

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 10:00:05 »

Ideally, yes.  But to be perfectly honest, I want a nice pure white personally.  IMO, that is achieved by cerakote.  I am going to work with my vendor and see what we can do about arranging that, but if something can't be worked out, I will at least try and get a raw finish so you would have that option if you wanted to go that route.  I believe you can cerakote over anodizing, but I feel like having a nice raw finish would be ideal.  This isn't my area of expertise, but I will certainly look at all options.  I'll be getting more in to those details when I have a firm timeline.

Awesome!  I too would prefer a pure white or even a beige option kind of like the refrigerator colour of the norbatouch cases.  Crossing my fingers that you can work something out.

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #235 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 10:03:31 »
Any plans to make the numpad attachable similar to how the Tank was made?

The issue with attachable numpads, at least for me, is the flexibility.  Some people might not want to have a numpad so you might have to make two different case options, and those that do, might want to use it in different locations so you would have to account for that as well.

Not having an attachable numpad also improves aesthetics in my opinion.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #236 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 12:01:56 »

Show Image

Norbauer's powder coated "Space Station White" cases are very white. Whitest I've seen to date.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #237 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 12:15:22 »

Show Image

You’re making magic, sir.

White cerakote too? That’s gonna be really cool.

Offline yuppie

« Reply #238 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 13:59:07 »
any talk of pricing?
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #239 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 14:12:41 »

Show Image

Norbauer's powder coated "Space Station White" cases are very white. Whitest I've seen to date.

White version would make this even more awesome.
I would prefer powder coat in terms of surface texture over a smooth/glossy cerakote personally. (Not sure if cerakote can have texture to it aswell)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #240 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 15:20:53 »

Show Image

White version would make this even more awesome.
I would prefer powder coat in terms of surface texture over a smooth/glossy cerakote personally. (Not sure if cerakote can have texture to it aswell)

TBH I'd think cerakote would be more textured than powder coat. You can do Cerakote smooth/glossy by adding a clear coat, but it's certainly not how it starts. But that said, a powder coated white would be sick. I'm hoping for a color like Norbauer's Venice Beach for laser personally. :D

Offline yuppie

« Reply #241 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 12:38:40 »

Show Image

Is the weight on the back three triangles or three circles? Would love some updated info on this project like estimated GB start time.
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline bciamny

« Reply #242 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 17:28:06 »

Show Image

Is the weight on the back three triangles or three circles? Would love some updated info on this project like estimated GB start time.

Pwner is running a 60% first and then possibly this. we probably won't see this move towards gb until Q1 2018 at the earliest.

Offline Harms

« Reply #243 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 17:49:11 »
When this buy goes live.

Would you know if this would be FCFS/Raffle or will everyone be able to get one?

Offline baxxt14

« Reply #244 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 19:23:34 »
aeaeeeaaaaaeaeaeaaaa i want it but im B R O K E and i'm just about to build a 60

Offline DukeMugen

• +1
« Reply #245 on: Fri, 24 November 2017, 00:31:37 »
This is going to be my end game. Make it happen soon, PLEASE!
let me check my wallet.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #246 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 10:04:49 »
oh dude, the xeno pad is perfect alongside the 75%er... this is gonna be a top notch top tier combo!  :o

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #247 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 15:57:43 »

Not too soon plz, I has no money :'(
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #248 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 15:59:50 »

Not too soon plz, I has no money :'(
Yeah, same

Sent from my DREA100 using Tapatalk

Offline DukeMugen

• +1
« Reply #249 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 01:05:18 »
Sorry, I just have to do it. Im too hyped for this.  :))
let me check my wallet.